Yesterday

Today

so...I decided to make Todae a thing. To those who asked for closure as well. Hope you'll like this one :) 

ps: I know Villa in Korean terms is really like a huge apartment/condo, but for the sake of this story, let's assume a villa is 2-storey huge as* house :p 

 

On the day that Daesung was to be released from the hospital (which was three weeks after the incident and frankly, too soon, if anyone were to ask Seunghyun, but no one did, and so he said nothing), President Yang called him to his office and in not so many words, said, "Daesung wants to go home with you." 

Seunghyun couldn't say anything, because he was too busy with his internal monologue, wondering why Daesung would want to stay at his house when Seunghyun himself, had not found the courage to do so after the incident? 

Why would anyone want to go back to that villa? 

"He'll be resting for another two weeks before his next appointment. If the doctors give him the green light, he will join the members again after that," President Yang continued, as if Seunghyun's silence was something he had expected. 

"So you're looking at having him for two weeks. If he still needs care after that, you can decide if you still want him around or we'll move him to his parents'." 

Seunghyun was taken aback by that, but then realisation kicked in, and really, President Yang is a sneaky son of a . 

He knew Seunghyun would never kick Daesung out of his house. How could he? And to send him away to his parents? That's a nice way of saying, thanks for taking the knife for me, but I'm not taking care of you for more than two weeks so please go back to your parents even though we all know just how much you hate worrying them about anything related to their own bloody son. 

Sure. That will not ruin their relationship, ever. 

So Seunghyun nodded, and in not so many words, said, "Okay." 

-

At the moment, Daesung was staring at the top of Seungri's mop of very blonde hair. It stirred many laugh-inducing memories (it took them months to convince him to have it dyed, and then a week of set back when he realised they would be dyeing his eyebrows too) and while that kind of memories were always welcomed, Daesung wasn't exactly in a condition where laughing was a good idea. 

He was sitting at the edge of the hospital bed, already in his home clothes. The only thing left now was to have his shoelaces tied, which was what Seungri was currently doing for him. 

"How long is this going to take you?" 

Seungri muttered something under his breath, but Daesung didn't really need to hear the answer for his lips to break into a grin. 

A few seconds later, the maknae pushed himself up from his squatting position, shoelaces tied in place. He proceeded to stretch his body and loosen up whatever kinks he had felt on his shoulders. 

"I'm too old for this ." 

Daesung had missed the maknae's flair for the overdramatic. 

"Manager hyung has signed you out, so all we need now is for you to hop off the bed and into this wheelchair." 

"Do I really have to get on that?" 

"Hyung, we're on the 8th floor, and the exit to the main entrance is like on the other end of the buiding, I would take a wheelchair too if I could have another one. We could totally have a race." 

The thought of walking that far wasn't really appealing to him, so Daesung resigned to his fate, and slowly lowered himself to the chair. 

"If you start racing with me on it, I'm going to puke on you." 

Seungri started pushing, an exaggerated sigh escaped from his lips. "You're no fun." 

Youngbae was waiting for them in the van.

Climbing into the vehicle was another mountainous task that Daesung was not prepared for. Cold sweats greeted him by the time he had successfully climbed in, much to the help from both s. 

"Are you sure staying in that villa is the best thing?" Youngbae asked the moment they had settled in. "You have to climb stairs just to get to the bedroom." 

The van moved the moment Seungri had slammed the door. "Hyung, we're talking about Daesung hyung here. He's going to eat, watch tv and read the news all in the comfort of his bed. And the bathroom is in the room, he really doesn't have to go anywhere." 

If Daesung could raise his arm at that moment, he would have given the maknae a big slap to the back of his head. 

"That is so funny, I'm sorry I forgot to laugh." 

Daesung could feel every bump and sharp turn the van took, and he longed for nothing more than to be back on a bed. Or anywhere that is not a moving vehicle. 

"Is this because of what I told you yesterday?" Youngbae asked, pulling him back from his thoughts. He looked concerned. 

Daesung shrugged. "A bit. But really, hyung's house is the last place people are going to expect me to go. I'm just sorry you have to deal with the media camping at our building." 

"Hyung, don't worry about that," Seungri assured him with a pat to his thigh. "I've moved in to your aparment. I will distract the media for you." 

"He's actually good at that," Youngbae replied. "Some of them really thought you're back at the apartment and the maknae is nursing you back to health." 

"There's a lot of fanart of Nurse Seungri circulating around, wanna see?" 

-

"Your house is probably the cleanest one in all of Seoul," Jiyong commented as he took off the rubber gloves and dumped them in the bin. He looked on proudly at the spotless bedroom - the room that had secretly habored the villa's ghost - a whiff of cleaning product hanging in the air.

"You should open a company," Seunghyun chided. "Record a CF wearing that maid outfit and stuff."

Jiyong thought this over, which alarmed Seunghyun. "I don't see why it won't work. Everyone wants a Jiyong to clean their house."

"If you say so," Seunghyun entertained him as he took out what looked like a mini remote from his jacket, and pressed a button, which immediately locked the windows. It gave a soft beep, indicating that all locks were in place and the alarm set. 

Jiyong, who had looked on, whistled quietly. "And probably the safest house too." 

"I can't believe this is all set up in a day," Seunghyun replied, referring to all the security system that was in place all around the villa. 

They made their way out of the bedroom and towards the main staircase that would lead them to the living hall on the first floor. "Well, technically, it was two days."

Seunghyun wondered if he was the only one kept in the dark.  

The moment they reached the first floor, Jiyong made a beeline for the couch, flopping himself carelessly into it.

"Dae told us yesterday, so President Yang got right at work," Jiyong explained. "Are you sure you don't want us to stay the night?"

Seunghyun joined him on the couch, head already shaking a negative. "We need to go about our routine as normal. All of us at my villa is going to attract attention." 

"You're gonna have to handle Dae on your own." 

"I'm sure I can handle him and his moods." 

"Well," Jiyong yawned while stretching his limbs like a cat on a lazy afternoon. "It'll be a good practice. Who knows, he might finally accept your invitation to live here." 

The moment the van parked in front of Seunghyun's porch, the door was slide open by Jiyong, who was waiting on the other side. Behind him, Seunghyun stood back. 

Seungri climbed down first, one hand carrying a duffel bag filled with Daesung's clothes, and the other, a bag filled with prescriptions. He passed the latter to Jiyong, who began inspecting the contents immediately. 

Daesung was next, and realising that he needed some help, Seunghyun moved forward and offered his hand. 

"Thanks, hyung." 

"Do you want to go straight to your room?" Seunghyun asked. "It's ready." 

Daesung let go of his hand and walked the rest of the way on his own, albeit slowly. Seunghyun matched his steps. Youngbae passed by them and went straight into the house, leaving the two of them behind. 

"How about we serve our guests some drinks and food and thank them for their help?" Daesung replied. "I'll rest once we see them off." 

"So, you're not my guest, then?" 

Daesung snorted. "Hyung, the way I see it, I'm going to be the boss of this house for the next two weeks." 

After dinner, and when the conversation had died down, Seunghyun asked if Daesung would like to retreat to his room. It was no secret to anyone that Daesung was struggling to stay awake. 

Knowing Daesung well, Jiyong stepped in and said instead, "I think it's bed time for us too. Wake up call at five, I might need some help getting up on time." 

"That's what I'm here for," Seungri replied proudly, much to everyone's amusement. 

"Thanks for taking care of my apartment by the way," Daesung said. "I feel a lot better knowing Jiyong hyung is there as well." 

Seungri rolled his eyes. "Hyung should really be thanking me. I clean up after the leader every time. He's making use of me just because I'm the maknae. The truth is, Jiyong hyung is lazy." 

The maknae received a wet rag to the face for his efforts.

Youngbae shook his head and turned to look at Seunghyun. "This is what I'm going to have to endure while both of you get the peace and quiet here."

Daesung looked on sympathetically. "At least you don't have to wake up to my drumming?"

They hang around, trying not to be overbearing, as they watched Seunghyun helped Daesung to climb up the huge stairs to the bedrooms on the second floor.

Once they reached the top, they bid their goodbyes and into the waiting van outside. 

And now it's just Seunghyun and his Daesung. 

Seunghyun couldn't sleep that night, tossing and turning in his bed. He would have felt a lot better if Daesung had been in the bed with him, where he can keep his eyes on him at all times. 

All the security system money could offer, and the heavy drapes to keep the rest of the world at bay didn't make him feel any better. 

He wasn't sure if leaving Daesung alone for most of the day was a good idea anymore. 

When Daesung woke up the next day, it was already past noon. And he would have still been sleeping if it hadn't been for manager hyung calling his phone. 

It took him a while to remember that he was no longer in the hospital and that he was in fact, in Seunghyun's house. 

"Hello hyung." 

"Daesung-ah, are you doing well over there? Do you need me to get you lunch?" 

Daesung yawned. His stomach grumbled. 

"I'm still asleep until you called." 

"Are you serious? So you didn't take your medications this morning?" 

"Um." 

"Daesung-ah! How can I leave you on your own if you're going to miss your medication? Yang Sajangnim is going to kill me." 

"I'll take them now," Daesung assured him. "Hyung, I'm sleeping like a baby, I'm getting my rest, that should make you happy." 

"I'm calling you at 9am every morning starting tomorrow," manager hyung said. "Please get up and eat something and then have your meds." 

"Okay, I will. Have a good day, hyung." 

Daesung couldn't help the giggle that escaped the moment the call ended. 

Pulling himself up, he took a moment to gain back his bearing, and then studied his surrounding. 

He didn't have a really good look at it last night, eyes already drooping the moment he saw the bed. He didn't even recall saying goodnight to Seunghyun, or if any sort of conversation took place after that. 

He grabbed his mobile phone on the side table and was about to push himself off the bed when he noticed the light blinking, which means he has some message or notification waiting to be read.

23 messages from Seunghyun.

Seriously?

Daesung decided he would read them all later. Pushing himself up, he made his way to the bathroom. 

What kind of air purifier did you put in his room? He slept like a baby. If I hadn't call, he would still be asleep. And that would have been okay except it also means he didn't take his medication this morning. My fault, also. I will start calling him at 9am every morning to wake him up. Don't worry Seunghyun-ah, he'll be fine for a few hours alone. 

Seunghyun stared at the message on his screen for longer than necessary. 

And then he replied. 

Thanks hyung. I did not plan this thoroughly. I will take better care of him from now on. Please don't worry. 

Break over. Time to get back to work. The faster they finish this, the sooner he'll get to go home. 

The twenty-three messages consisted of 13 texts and 10 pictures. And they were all sent within seconds of each other. 

Good morning. You were sleeping so peacefully, I didn't want to wake you. I've made some toasts for breakfast but it will probably be cold by the time you wake up. But I have microwave, so that should help.

Photo of microwave.

This is the microwave. Next to the fridge. The plug is right next to it. Hit no.5 to re-heat toast. 

Photo of a door in the kitchen.

This door leads to the dry area of my pantry.

Photo of dry pantry. Basically a walk in closet of dry food. Holy .

Cofee, tea, herbs, all dry ingredients behind this door. Just give it a soft push, the door will open. Don't worry if the door closes behind you, it open both ways. 

Picture of his kitchen cabinet.

Top drawers for plates and glasses and cups. Bottom drawers for cooking utensils, which you shouldn't be using because you shouldn't be cooking. 

Just call me if you can't find anything. 

Oh, don't worry about lunch, someone from YG will deliver them right to your doorstep. 

The messages continued with more information about how to set the air con to his preference. How to navigate the tv console (which is basically a friggin tablet with so many navigations that he couldn't even understand what the heck for) and a picture of his gym and how he was supposed to stay away from it for now. 

Daesung had his toasts with some cold coffee because he just couldn't seem to work out the coffee maker, and Daesung was afraid he would only end up spoiling the machine. 

Not one who watches television that often, he decided to explore the huge villa instead. 

He found the study room - filled from ceiling to ground with books. There was a section for architechture, split into modern and ancient, sculptures (split into their mediums, of course), biographies of various artists and their works, history books on every single country (it looked like everything to him) and their history of cultures and the arts. 

There were a couple of manuscripts for future movies he was most likely offered, nicely stacked in his 'in' tray. There was no laptop on his desk (it's made of tempered glass of sorts, sturdy with sharp edges and clean lines), just various notebooks in different colours, some pages bookmarked, some dog eared, all of them slightly worn and crumpled at the edges, signs that they have been used quite often. 

Daesung didn't need to browse through them to know that they contained scribbles of lyrics. The Made Era notebook, Daesung had christened them, because Seunghyun would go everywhere with them tucked in the back pocket of his jeans, or his jacket, or in his bag. 

Why won't you just type it out on your phone, hyung? Wouldn't it be more convenient? 

I like the sense of authenticity with writing things down. Don't you feel that way? 

No, I don't know how old people feels like. 

Aish, can you go fifteen minutes without pulling hyung's leg? 

Can you go fifteen minutes without bothering me? 

A glass jar filled with jelly beans sat next to the clatter. 

There it is. There's the Seunghyun that he knows. The one with the sweet tooth. 

It's a picture of a fist, filled of jelly beans. 

Hyung, I took one of your beans. If it matters, I took the green coloured one. Not sure if it's apple or mint. Could be both. 

That doesn't look like just one bean. 

One. Ten. Let's live freely and not care too much about the details. 

Oh? Kang Daesung who abides by the rules and lives his day checking off boxes from his to-do list is telling me about living freely? 

I do not have a to-do list. And if I do, you are not in it. 

Ani. I would be in your wish list. 

Yes. My People to Avoid wish list. 

Yet you specifically requested CEO Yang to spend the rest of your recuperating days with me. 

I figured you'd feel guilty enough to say yes. I have nothing on the other members. 

You're right. I do feel guilty. It should have been me. Why must you be so stupid to get in the way?

You spelled heroic wrong. 

What does my hero wants for dinner? We're leaving soon and maknae wants some jjajangmyeon so we're dropping by some restaurant on our way back.

I'm not hungry. I found the cookie jars in your room. Can you come home quickly?

This is how Seunghyun found Daesung. 

Asleep on Seunghyun's bed, comforter pulled all the way up and tucked under his chin, but his arm all the way up to his elbow, managed to sneak out, splayed limply on the empty side of the bed. 

He didn't want to disturb his sleep, but Seunghyun had brought home some herbal chicken soup (cookies are definitely not enough) and it's right up Daesung's alley of healthy food he'd eat. 

He placed the packed food on the side table before taking up residence on other side of the bed. He lifted Daesung's arm and placed it on his lap. 

He gave it a little squeeze. 

"Daesung-ah, wake up." 

No response. 

Daesung could be quite the heavy sleeper when he's really tired. 

Unlike Seunghyun's, Daesung's fingers are rough and leaden with callouses. He earned them from all the drum lessons he took. Just like the two distinct scars on his arm from the car accident, or the pinkish skin on his elbow that never really go away from skidding down a slide too fast on a really hot day. 

He gave the hand another shake. "Daesungie wake up. I have food. You love food." 

He wondered if Daesung was underneath. Not that he would see nothing that he had not seen before. Seunghyun had memorised every nook and crevices of his body; but he didn't feel good pulling the comforter while he was still unconscious. 

He went for his earlobe instead, and gave it a little pull. It would annoy him enough to wake up. 

Except it alarmed Seunghyun how warm the skin felt on his fingertips. It led him to go for his neck, feeling the intense heat there. 

"Yah, are you sick?" 

He didn't mean to raise his voice, but Deasung stirred in his sleep. 

"Hyung...you're back." 

Seunghyun almost rolled his eyes. 

"Yah, are you underneath?" 

That got the young one to open his eyes. "What? Of course not. Hyung..." 

Seunghyun just nodded, and then quickly pulled the comforter away from him. He proceeded to reach for the hem of the shirt and started to pull it up. 

Daesung's arm was quick enough to shove him off. "Hyung, what-"

"I need to check the wound," Seunghyun explained, slapping his arm away. "Did you change the dressing today?" 

Seunghyun didn't wait for a reply, Daesung was already slipping away. He pulled at the shirt again, this time succeeding in his quest. 

There was no dressing on the wound, the stitched area seemed slightly swollen and red. Seunghyun wasn't sure who he was supposed to be mad at, but he could already feel the anger just boiling underneath his skin. 

"You couldn't tell me that you're sick when we were messaging just now?" Seunghyun grumbled. "Is this why you wanted me to come home quickly?" 

Not waiting for a response, because he knew he wasn't getting one, Seunghyun made a dash to the guest room and straight to the side table, where Jiyong had placed all his medications. 

He grabbed the entire bag, along with the medical supplies that the hospital had given. 

On his way back to his room, Seunghyun had punched the numbers to his manager on his phone, craddling the phone between his cheek and shoulder, he entered his room and dumped the bag on the bed. 

Manager hyung answered by the third ring. 

"Hyung, do you know any doctor who does house calls? I think we need one." 

The good news is, it wasn't an infection. The wound had a slight inflammation, which should go away once the antibiotics kicked in. The fever was most likely due to Daesung forgetting to take his medications in the morning. The doctor had given given him a jab, and started an IV for the antibiotics. 

The fever should break soon. 

The doctor also taught Seunghyun how to detach the IV bag once the medication has run it's course. "I'll drop by again tomorrow to take out the needle and do a final check." 

The bad news is, it was already almost three in the morning, and Daesung was still burning hot. There was no hint of perspiration on his face or body - a sign that the fever has broken - just dry, hot skin. 

Every so often, Daesung would frown and let out a soft groan. Seunghyun had resorted to the old tricks of wiping his body down with ice cold water, like how his mum would do it when he had one of those high fevers when he was little. 

He had even started rubbing circles on his back, hoping the trick that Daesung had administered on their maknae, would work on him too. 

At some point, Seunghyun had succumbed to sleep. 

Daesung awoke to a stranger pulling a needle out of his arm. If he wasn't already feeling too weak to react, it would have been disastrous. 

"Are you...a ghost?" 

The stranger laughed softly and shook his head. "Ghosts don't go around poking people with needles." 

Daesung tried to clear his throat, but it was too dry and painful. "The...other ghost...she poked my foot..." 

"I don't think that's a ghost either, Daesung ssi," the doctor replied with a smile. He must have looked so pathetic. 

A handy plus covered the puncture wound. "I've given you a stronger dose to fight the fever. If you're still with high temperature by lunch time, I want you back in the hospital." 

Daesung brushed over the mention of hospital. He's going to bury himself in a bathtub of ice before he let that happen. 

"Where is..."

"Seunghyun ssi should be in the kitchen. Why don't you sleep for a little bit more, it's still too early to be awake. If you need anything, my card is in the drawer to your left." 

Daesung closed his eyes. He wanted to say thanks, but his lips felt heavy. 

The clock on the wall mocked him. Seunghyun has an hour left before the familiar van arrived. He contemplated not going in to the studio, but that would be very unprofessional of him. 

How did CEO Yang expect Daesung to rest at his house when there is no one home to look after him? 

What if something worst happened to him while Seunghyun was out? He could get dizzy spells while in the shower alone, or in his daze, missed a step going down the stairs.

What if another ghost decides to show up? 

"Your coffee is going to get cold real fast if you don't drink it now." 

Seunghyun almost jumped out of his seat. He was pretty sure Daesung was a cat in his previous life. 

"Yah, you almost give me a heartattack," Seunghyun grumbled as he put the cup down on the dining table. "What are you doing up?" 

Daesung had put on one of Seunghyun's robe, it looked slightly bigger on him. Seunghyun decided he likes Daesung wearing his stuff. 

"I want to be up before you leave," Daesung croaked, before slipping into the seat facing him. 

Daesung still looked pale and sickly, the fever still around to keep him company. "I don't feel good leaving you alone when you're not well." 

"I'm feeling much better, hyung," Daesung offered him a smile. "Don't worry." 

Seunghyun shrugged. "I wouldn't be a good boyfriend if I'm not worried." 

The smile on his face was wider this time, a hint of shyness in them. Seunghyun loved this smile the best. 

 "You have a lovely home here, hyung." 

"Really? I've been thinking about selling it."

"Because of what happened." 

Seunghyun wasn't surprised that Daesung didn't look surprise at all. As if he knew all along. Maybe wanting to stay here to recuperate was just a ploy. 

"Who told you? Maknae?" 

Daesung shook his head. "Youngbae hyung." 

Of course. The neighbours. 

"I like what you've done to this place. It's very...you." 

Seunghyun took a sip of his coffee, decided not to say anything just to see if it would prompt the younger man to continue. 

"I see you in every corner of this house. From the artworks hanging on the walls, the designer furniture, the colours...your music collections, the books...your kitchen is a playground for any pro chef." 

Seunghyun went searching for the man behind those small eyes, needing proof that this wasn't just his fever talking. 

"Do you have a favourite spot then?" 

Daesung actually croaked a laugh. He cleared his throat and pulled at the loosening robe, wrapping his body with it. "Your room." 

"Why?" 

"Your ten jars of cookies," Daesung replied. "And your very comfortable bed. Like a six star hotel, hyung." 

Seunghyun laughed. Trust Daesung to be serious about anything. 

"Are you saying my room is like a hotel?" Seunghyun feigned disappointment. "You've been to many hotel rooms. Are you saying my room feels just like one of the many?" 

"If it makes you feel better, your room has one thing that no other hotel rooms have." 

"And that's..."

"The bed smells like you," Daesung smiled. "It smells like home." 

Seunghyun found his courage and reached across to rest the palm of his hand on top of Daesung's. "How about a new house that look and smells like both of us?" 

Daesung snorted, and Seunghyun almost rolled his eyes. 

"As much as I would love that, do you really think it's logical to have a house together when we're hardly ever at home?" Daesung asked. "You'll be away for two years soon. And I'll join you the following year. That's three years away from home." 

Seunghyun forgot how practical Daesung really is. There were times when Seunghyun got carried away with his heart, and Daesung would pull him back to reality. And there were times when Daesung wouldn't allow himself to listen to his heart, and Seunghyun would be there to make him listen. 

"That's not a no, then." 

Daesung laughed, and then coughed. Seunghyun almost forgot that he was still plagued with fever, and this conversation should probably take place some other day. 

"I think it's time we get you back to bed," Seunghyun said, already on his feet. "I'm calling Jiyong and telling him I'll be late. He will understand." 

The fact that Daesung didn't protest said a lot about how sick dhe must be feeling then. 

The good news is, Seunghyun could see the hints of perspiration on Daesung's forehead from the effort it took him to climb up the stairs to their room. The fever was on it's way to getting the hell out of dodge. 

"I'm going to ruin your bedsheet with my sweat soon enough," Daesung commented as he waited for Seunghyun to pat down the pillows. "Is this a good idea? I should go back to the guest room." 

"I love it when you ," Seunghyun replied casually, as he motioned for Daesung to climb up the bed. "I hope this continues after you're no longer under the influence of medication. And you're no guest." 

"None of what I've said is influenced by medication though," Daesung said as he climbed up the bed, settling himself on one side. "Maybe one day we will buy a home together. But until then, I think sleeping over on weekends won't be such a bad idea." 

"Can I come over to your place too?" 

"My place is boring compared to yours. I have practically nothing there." 

Seunghyun smirked. "You have a bed. That's all I need." 

He pulled the comforter up and tucked it under his chin. And then he lowered himself a little, just to give a small kiss on the bridge of his nose. 

Daesung sighed contently. 

"Hyung, I like it when you ." 

Yep. Definitely the medication talking. 

Soon Daesung would be drenched in his own sweat. He would want to have a shower. Seunghyun figured a slow bubble bath would do the trick. And he would be hungry after that, so he should probably think about lunch too. 

They weren't much different, Daesung and him. 

Seunghyun collects beautiful artworks to fill the empty void in his house. 

Daesung plays the drum to fill the silence in his. 

But Seunghyun could see himself in a new house, where the only beautiful artwork he really need is Daesung. 

And hopefully, their laughter would replace the silence that could only be felt when living alone. 

Daesung might not realize this yet, but it's okay. Seunghyun plans to show him. 

/End