Roommate Chronicles (Markson)

Drabbles of a K-Pop Shipper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summery: Mark misses Jackson, more than hes willing to admit to anyone, save jackson himself. Ever since he joined the cast of Roommate, Mark feels lonely. This One shot will follow mark as he copes with Jackson being on the show Roommate.

 

 

Mark's POV

The First Day

He sat on the couch in the dorm, slouching back. He sighed, tipping his snapback foreward with his hand so that it covered his eyes. He was just slipping into slumber when a body flopped down next to him on the couch, jolting him awake..

"Wah. Its so quiet now." Jr sighed as he picked up the remote to the TV, propping his feet up on the table.

Mark sighed again. 'If HE were here, it would be anything BUT quiet.'

Jackson had left early the other morning to move into his new room at the share house for the show Roommate. Mark and the rest of Got7 were happy that he was getting this chance, knowing it would be good for him, not to mention the band. And sure the quiet was nice for a change. But after a whole day of no one clinging on his shoulder, poking his cheek, stealing his snapback, or just flat out being annoying, Mark decided that the quiet wasnt so good after all.

He missed Jackson. More than he was willing to admitt, outloud anyway.

With another sigh, he heaved himself off the couch, mumbling some excuse to Jinyoung about taking a nap before disappearing into the room he shared....'used to share' with Jackson. As he entered the room, he was only once again reminded that Jackson was NOT there. His side of the closet was empty, his drawers baren, his matress stripped, save a few spare sets of clothes.

Mark just sighed for the billionth time, sprawling out on Jackson's mattress, his nose burried in the fabric that smelled of his beloved fencer.

'Ugh! This . He promised to call last night.' he pouted, instantly feeling clingy, and hating it. 'No Mark. You promised yourself you wouldnt be that clingy overprotective boyfriend. And you arnt going back on that promise now.' He didnt really notice the absent call due to his excitment over some peace and quiet, but now, as he lay in bed, he couldnt help but feel hurt. 'Does he even miss us? Does he miss me?'

As if on cue, his phone rang. Without looking at the caller Id, too busy revelling in Jackson's scent, he brought the phone to his ear. "Yoboseyo?"

"MARK HYUNG!!"

Mark sat up abruptly. "Jackson!" he exclaimed happily. "How are you doing? Whats the house like? Whos your roommate? Do you know anyone?" he asked in rapid succession.

"Im doing great. The house is AMAZING! My roommate is Seo Kang Joon, the actor. And YES! GOOK JU IS HERE!!!! And JYP FAMILY!!" Jackson replied, just as rapidly.

"Gook ju? Really? Thats cool? JYP? Really? Who is it?" Mark asked, to excited to really think about it.

"Joon Hyung, from G.O.D.!" Jackson shouted, instantly breaking out into one of G.O.D.s hit songs.

Mark laughed, sure beyond a shaodw of doubt that Jackson was dancing over dramatically as he sang. "Daebak! So your liking it there?"

"Like it? LIKE IT? I LOVE IT! Everyone is so nice and you dont even notice the cameras. Well thats a lie, but you know what i mean. And everyones already used to the mike packs, although it IS bizzare waking up and having to put one on right then and there. And..."

Mark smiled and lay back on the mattress as the younger rambled on and on about EVERYTHING he had seen, heard, and done in the house with his new roommates.

"I kind of wish i could be with them all now. Dong wook and Minwoo are taking everyone that isnt working on a historical tour. Sounded like fun, well sorta...." he trailed off, so Mark waited patiently for him to finish, laying back down on his side "But im more excited to see you guys today." he said happily.

'So he does miss us!' Mark smiled, fighting a giggle as he rolled to his other side. "Really?" he asked softly.

"Yeah. I cant believe im saying this but, I miss you guys!" he said, the teasing hint evident in his voice, earning a laugh from the elder. "Seriously though, i do miss you." he said tenderly.

Mark felt his face heat up at the admission. "I miss you too." he whispered.

A comfertable silence ensued, but that only lasted a few seconds, as it usually did with Jackson. "So what are you doing?" Jackson piped.

"Just laying down." Mark shrugged, pointedly leaving out the part that it was HIS bed he was laying on.'He would NEVER let me live it down.' "When are you leaving?" he asked, anxious to see him. He felt clingy again as soon as the words left his mouth. 'Hes only been gone a day!' he mentally scolded himself.

"Uh.....probably here in about an hour. Wai? ANxious to see me?" he said cheekily

Mark rolled his eyes, imagining Jackson waggling his eyebrows as he spoke. "So what if i am? Its weird not having you around to bug me all the time."

Jackson was silent for a moment, which was an oddity in itself. "Number 1, you said you would WELCOME the peace and quiet my absence would bring." he said overdramatically, feignign hurt. "Number 2, does that mean i can bug you all i want to make up for lost time?" he asked.

Mark rolled his eyes again "Thats NOT what i meant. I just meant that NOT having you around is strange. And i KNOW your gonna bug even if i say no.... But YES, Im anxious to see you." He added, his cheeks heating up again.

Jackson chuckled "I cant wait to see you eaither." he said soflty

Mark blushed deeper. "So...uh...Tell me more about the other tennants." he asked.

"OH! They re awesome! Jong ok is the oldest, but she wont tell us how old she is, only that shes the oldest. And..."

Mark snuggled into the mattress, letting Jackson's voice on the phone and Jackson's scent from the mattress envelope him, relaxation weighing heavily on his bones, his eyes feeling heavy as his every sense was filled with Jackson, Jackson, Jackson.

"ANd dont get me wrong, Kangjoon is a great roommate, i have nothing against him, even thouh i harldy know him, but YOU are still the best roommate ever."

These were the last words Mark heard as he drifted off into sleep, a content smile on his lips.

"Mark. Mark? Mark?" Jackson said. "Hello? Are you there? What happened? Hello? Oh wait. You said you were laying down....Did you fall asleep? Mark?"

 

Song Gayeon

He rolled his neck and shoulders, swinging his arms back and forth to loosen the stiff apendages up. 'Just a few more times and ill call it quits.' Mark was in the practice room, trying to get in a little more practice in before the day was over. Got7's comeback was fast approaching and he wanted to make sure he was ready.

His music was going in the corner from the stereo where his phone was hooked up, quickly approaching the cut where his, and Jackson's, rap would appear. 'Jackson.' he sighed. Despite having seen him the other day, Mark still felt like it had been ages since he saw the younger. He was so used to having him around all the time, suddenly NOT having him there was a bit disorrienting. Sure, he still saw him when they all had a schedule, but Mark was seriously feeling deprived of the hyper fencers presence.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. 'Focus! No Jackson right now!'

He took a deep breath, his mucles tensing, preparing to move his lithe body into the designated dance moves...and...

The music stopped, Mark's ringtone filling the room at an unnaturally high volume. HE sighed, jogging to recieve the device. 'And that was gonna be a good one too. I could feel it.'

Because he was in such a big hurry to catch the call before it ended, he forgot to check the caller ID. "Yoboseyo?" He said a little breathlessly

"OH MY GOD! MARK SHE WAS HERE! I MET HER!"

Mark winced and held the phone at arms length, the excited shouting still coming through clear as crystal. Seeing 'Mandu' on his screen hovering above one of the many goofy pictures Jackson blew up his phone with, Mark smiled before hesitantly bringing the phone back to his ear.

"Jackson." he sighed, trying to hold back his laughter at the excitment in the youngers voice. "Say that again, only this time slower, and not so loud please." he said patiently, leaning up against the wall.

Jackson took a deep breath. "Song. Gayeon. was. HERE!" he squealed. Jackson. SQUEALED.

Mark just laughed, fully aware of just how big a fan his boyfriend was of the fameous MMA fighter from Season 1 of Roommates. "Thats awesome." the elder said, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor.

"Kang Joon brought her by. She kicked me!"

"What?! Didnt it hurt?" Mark asked, concern in his voice. 'Why does he sound EXCITED about that?'

"DUH! Shes an MMA fighter Mark. OF COURSE it hurt!" Jackson said, as if it was simpliest fact in the world, but the eagerness in his voice could not be hidden.

Mark just rolled his eyes and laughed. 'And he says hes not cute.' The redhead could practically see Jackson jumping up and down as he squealed and laughed his high pitch laugh.

"It was amazing! She was so nice and friendly, even though i made an idoit of myself. Seriously i was worse than some of our fans. I thought my heart was gonna explode!" He gasped "OH! that must be how they feel! WOW! Now i get it." he said solemly, before launching into the a word for word retelling of exactly what happened that day.

Mark listened attentivly, a smile on his lips the whole time. He couldnt help it. Even though he had absolutly no interest in MMA fighting or its fighters, the fact that Jackson was so excited about meeting someone he admirred, made Mark happy.

"WOW! I still cant believe i met THE Song Gayeon." Jackson sighed. "Its like it was a dream. I mean i still find it hard to believe that i, ME, met Song Gayeon. Wow."

Mark chuckled again. "Im glad you got to meet her. Im glad your having fun."

Jackson sighed again. "I wish you could have been there." he said, his tone wistful

Mark felt his face heat up. "H....how come? Y..you know i dont like MMA." 'What a lame excuse.' he mentally repremanded. 'I wish i was there too, just to SEE him.'

"Yeah, but still. As soon as I saw her, the first person i wanted to run and tell was....well...you."

Mark knew for a fact Jackson was blushing, by the nervous tone of his voice, and he wished more than anything he was with the younger right then. Jackson blushing was a rare sight, and Mark cherished the few occasions he DID because that meant he was being a hundred percent sincere. "R..really?"

"Yeah." Jackson said softly.

Mark felt his heart flutter. Jackson always had that effect on him. Even though theyve been together for over a year, Jackson STILL made him feel like a high school kid with a silly crush.

"Ahem." Jackson cleared his throat awkwardly "So..uh...what are you doing?"

Mark shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Just got done practicin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter