Backstage Experiment: Part 2

Backstage Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: As much as I appreciate the subscription/upvote, I'd rather read your comments though. lol :D . So here's part 2. As I've said, it's the same story but told in a different POV. Okay, I'll shut up now. Have fun reading! :D

 

Backstage Experiment

Soojung's POV:

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to figure out whether I really had the guts to follow through with my plan. A face with nearly no expression stared back. I realized then, as I've realized a hundred times before, just how difficult it must have been for most people to analyze me. My face seems to be frozen in an eternal blank expression, and so many said that I always looked cold when I'm not smiling. Those comments bothered me before, but not so much now. This is me, and I like the way I am, so they better deal with it.

Through the monitors, I could see the current group performing on stage. I took a look at the concert flow, there’s still half an hour before Shinee’s performance. I look at myself one last time, clenched my teeth and got up. I'm crazy for even thinking about this, but there's no way I’m backing out. Tonight is the last day of the 3-day concert, and I promised myself that I would tell Minho...something about my feelings. It doesn’t matter if he doesn’t feel the same, at least I’ve tried.

I walk outside f(x)’s dressing room and into Shinee’s. I hesitated and just stood by the door and watched him for a few seconds, reading one of his books. I'm always a little amazed at how fast he reads. It’s not known to many and he doesn’t even look like it, but in reality, Minho is actually really smart. He even got accepted at a top university through his exam results, but he doesn’t boast about it. He keeps himself grounded and I admire that about him.

Noticing his lack of response and noticing myself becoming like a creepy stalker by the door, I decided to walk in and sat in front of him. I see his eyes flicker to me, then back to his book. I'm a little glad that he's not starting a conversation, with how nervous I am, I don’t even think I could form a coherent sentence at all. Time is ticking by, which means it's now or never, as far as I'm concerned.

I pull down his book and give him a small kiss on the lips. I deeply wanted more, but I couldn't make myself do it here. I stare at his eyes for a few seconds, and he stares back with his blank gaze, which means he's trying to comprehend what just happened and think of a way to answer that. He normally makes that face when I ask him for his opinion on the music, paintings and other stuffs I like. He labels them as “artsy” and often comments on my unconventional taste, but deep inside, I know he likes it nonetheless.

Seeing as how he still hasn’t reacted, I smile at the normality of the situation and head back to my dressing room. I half expected him to kiss me in return, expected him to push me away and also expected him to ignore it, continue reading his book, and forget what just happened.

______________________________________________________________________

 

After the concert, I walk off stage and passed by the visitor’s area. I was saddened by the fact that my family wasn’t there for me, but I couldn’t blame them. After all, their absence was justifiable. On my way inside, Minho intercepted me and dragged me back out to meet his friends.

We reach his friends and he introduces me to all of them. Of course, the only name that sticks in my mind is Yuna, since they apparently like to joke about her name.

As the conversation went by, Minho suddenly becomes the center of a joke, and I see my chance to join the conversation with one of my favorite pastimes – poking fun at Minho.

""You never told me you liked our songs." I say, making one of my most devious smiles.

Of course, he’d never admit to it, but then one of his friends caught him off guard.

"Soojung, help!" He looks at me with his pleading eyes, which I shouldn't be able to resist, but right now I'm his best friend, and I simply patted his back and said, "Not this time Minho., I’m actually enjoying this." This makes everyone laugh.

We go on to talk, then one of his friends is getting cornered. When that friend was asked what distracted him at the concert, I see his eyes looking at me for a second.

"Oh, I see. Soojung, huh?" And suddenly Minho turns to me with this caring and joking smile. While someone joked about me regarding admirers, I can't help but blush and look away. I looked at my feet feeling a bit uncomfortable with the sudden attention

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter