Backstage Experiment: Part 1

Backstage Experiment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Backstage Experiment

Minho’s POV:

 

Chaotic… that’s the perfect word to describe a concert hall’s backstage. Idols, managers, make-up artists, and even back-up dancers are running here and there. This is what’s to be expected, after all, it’s an SM town concert.

Since there’s still half an hour before our performance, I informed my members and my manager that I’d rest for a bit at Shinee’s dressing room. It’s no surprise that I’m the only person inside as supposedly, everyone should be on standby backstage.

I lay on the couch and took out a book. Moments later, Jung Soojung walked in. Soojung and I, we've been friends since our trainee days. During that whole time, neither of us had ever shown romantic signals to each other. None at all. In fact, I don't even think we’ve ever talked about love. It’s a topic that neither of us dared to cross. I don’t even know why.

She stood by the door as I wait for her to make the first comment. When she realized that I wasn’t going to say anything, she walks in and sits directly in front of me. I continue to read my book, knowing she'll talk eventually. After about a minute, she pulls my book down and kissed me on the lips. It wasn't a long kiss; she was there and gone. I wasn’t even able to react.

Five seconds after she pulled back, she smiled slightly and walked out of the room. I considered going after her and asking her what that was about, but I figured she'd tell me eventually. Besides, now really wasn't the time, there’s only a few minutes left before our performance. Also, I knew she'd have some weird reason for it. That's the thing about Soojung, she's an oddball. If you look at her closely, she has her quirky side, which probably explains why she has this on “artsy” and “classic” stuff. If it was any other person, I’d call them weird, but since it’s Soojung, I find it adorable.

I've gotten used to this side of her and just accept it as part of who she is. And so, I closed my book and proceeded to the stage.

__________________________________________________________________________

 

The show ended at around 11 in the evening. I headed outside to meet some of my friends whom I've invited. On the way out, I saw Soojung heading back in. I knew it meant that she hasn't invited anyone, since her parents are outside of the country and her sister doesn’t come to our concerts anymore.

"Hey, Soojung, come meet my friends." I drag her by the arm and dive into the crowd with Soojung right behind me.

"So, everyone, this is Soojung." I gesture grandly to Soojung, who's standing right next to me. "Soojung, these are my friends, Jihwan, Jia, Sunggyu, and Byun-a."

"Hey, it's Yuna, not Byun-a!"

"Yeah, sure it is." Except for Soojung, we all laughed, it was an inside joke among my friends.

"So, how'd you guys like the concert?"

"You weren't kidding when you said it’d be long. It was almost 5 hours!" Jihwan said.

"And the music wasn't bad, either." Jia began humming the ending song. "That song will never get out of my head." She laughed.

"Now I understand why you were practicing a lot Minho-yah, you needed stamina to sustain that concert… What’s funny though, is that you weren’t only practicing Shinee songs, you sang f(x)’s songs too.” Sunggyu said. Laughing and poking my arm in the process.

"You never told me you liked our songs." Soojung finally joined the conversation, a sly smile plastered on her lips.

"I only sang it, doesn’t mean that I like it."

"Gee, what a lame defense..." Yuna mocked.

"Yah..There’s nothing wrong with a male idol liking girl group’s songs, right Minho?” Sunggyu quipped.

"Exactly!”

“Gotcha! So you do like it!”

 “Wait, no, it's-" The rest of them start laughing. They were teaming out on me, so I turned to Soojung. "Soojung, help!"

The mischievous Soojung just patted my back. "Not this time Minho, I’m actually enjoying this."

And everyone laughed harder… When the laughter died down, Jihwan was the first to speak.

"So, uhm, Soojung-shii, when is f(x) going to release a new song?” Jihwan asked and he even had the decency to blush.

“Victoria annouched that in the concert, weren't you listening?" Jia followed.

"So if you weren't paying attention to Victoria, who were you pay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter