One

Twenty

Character(s)/Pairing(s): Jung Yunho/Kim Jaejoong (YunJae/JaeHo)

Rating: T

Genre:  Fluff, Romance

Warning(s): unbeta-ed, wall of texts, no conversation, futuristic non-AU

Summary: He had already waited for twenty years; he could wait for twenty minutes more.

Disclaimer: Members of TVXQ and JYJ belong to God, their parents and their respective agency

(xxx)

The sunshine seeping from between the curtains was what woke Jaejoong up from his sleep, gently pulling him from the embrace of his dream to the chipper of birds perching on a branch outside his windows. He rubbed his eyes while yawning softly, the room was darkened because of the heavy curtains, something him and his lover greatly appreciated. Years of hectic schedules wand waking up to the incessant ringing of their alarm clocks made them not that delighted of being woken up—or jolted up would be more appropriate—crudely. They prefer to wake up by themselves, especially in an off day like today.

Jaejoong could feel the weight of his lover’s arm embraching his waist, the warm tanned skin of the other contrasting his own much paler one. He took a deep breath before snuggling the said lover, inhaling the other’s scent as much as he could. Jaejoong leant back then, after sneaking a peck on his lover’s chest, intend to watch the other slept for a few more hours before both of them had to wake up to catch their plane to Gwangju. They will spend a week there before going to Jaejoong’s own hometown of Gongju and then they will depart to Europe a week after. His other half had promised him that they could spend an entire month on vacation, a miracle in their line of work even if their schedule had somewhat dwindling compared to their younger days.

In the dim light, Jaejoong watched his lover’s chest rising and falling softly; light snore could be heard from the other. His lover’s mouth was opened slightly, making Jaejoong felt a bit mischievous when he closed the mouth by pushing the other’s jaw up. He bit his lips to hold his giggle down when his act failed, his other half’s mouth was opened again in mere seconds. Afraid of waking the other up, he let out a long, soft sigh. His lover moved a little bit, his constant breathing faltered and Jaejoong felt that the hand on his waist tightened before pulling him towards the other.

Jaejoong did not dare to call out his other half’s name. It was a rare occurrence nowadays that he could watch the sleeping form of his lover and he wanted to enjoy that for a little while. The singer raised his right arm towards his partner before running his hand through the other’s soft, black hair in a soothing motion. It seemed that his other half was still tired after their activity last night, Jaejoong amusedly noted, when his partner did not stir to consciousness. Even though both of them were quite flexible regarding their position when having , it was still Jaejoong who took the receiving position more. It delighted Jaejoong when his lover said that he could top him last night, to the point that the singer practically worshipped his other half with all the techniques he learned throughout the years.

The singer continued his movement, watching his lover who seemed to enjoy that because Jaejoong could hear sift sighs from the other and was slightly leaning to his hand. A soft muttering of ‘Jaejoongie’ was uttered, making Jaejoong cooed before pecking the other’s nose lightly. Jaejoong wished that he could reach his phone now, he wanted to capture this moment forever.

Tired of running his hand through the other’ hair, Jaejoong changed it to just lightly brushing his lover’s strands and bangs away from the other’s face; pulling them to the side so that he could watch the small face, which he loved so much, better. Then, he traced his other half’s face with his eyes, looking at each particular spot of his lover’s face while carefully storing them in his heart along with millions of beautiful memories they had created together. He would never forget those, even when he grew old and wrinkly.

Whether it was the scar on his other half’s temple and on the underside of his left eye, the arch of his eyebrows, the bridge of his aristocratic nose, the light rise of his cheekbones, the cute mole on the corner of his lips and—Jaejoong’s mouth curled upwards, one of his favorites—the cupid lips that Jaejoong really wanted to kiss right now.

And he did, longer than a peck but shorter than a proper kiss. He still did not want his other half woke up; his exploration had not finished yet.

Deciding that his eyes were not enough, he raised his right arm once again to trace the familiar body of his lover. The one that he spent countless nights to explore and mapped, sketching the dip and rise of his collarbones or the slight stubble on his other half’s jaw. Wanting to feel more, he lightly touched the soft skin of the other’s neck, a long line scarred the skin from side to side—courtesy of an operation long time ago—before running his fingertips to the side, to his lover’s wide left shoulder which the singer knew was strong, strong to carry the burden of things which were invisible and things which were not. Jaejoong vowed silently, once again, that he would always be there to kiss the pain away and protected him from his fears; to be his strong hold.

This morning too, like any other morning, Jaejoong had fallen in love once again to the man who was sharing his bed, the keeper of his heart.

He peered to the clock which was sitting there on the bed table; they still had twenty-five minutes left to roll on the bed in laziness. More than those and they will risk of having to run to the airport without bathing—the thought made Jaejoong wrinkled his nose—and Jaejoong could not do something which he had planned to do since months, perhaps years ago. Thinking that now was the time, the singer carefully raised his other half’s arm so he could roll off from the bed. He watched his lover’s groaned; his face wrinkled before petting his side of the bed, searching for Jaejoong’s body. Jaejoong smiled fondly; just give me three minutes, love.

Jaejoong rose from the bed, searching for his boxer. Thankful that they already pack their belongings yesterday, he went to their walk-in dresser and opened his safety case. He exhaled, feeling nervous suddenly when he saw the thing which was sitting there; the thing which was going to decide his future.

When he went back to their room, his lover already changed position; his head were already placed on Jaejoong’s pillow, face buried and hands clenching on the said pillow. Jaejoong shook his head in mirth before reaching for his phone; a touch and this memory would last forever.

As Jaejoong slipped back into the bed, clutching the velvet box in his right hand and his lover automatically wrapped his arms to hold his body, he exhaled lovingly. This was something that he wanted forever.

He had already waited for twenty years; he could wait for twenty minutes more.