Chapter 1 ミ☆

Puppy Whisperer

Two months have passed since I debuted as part of Spar-Kle and I still have a hard time accepting that I'm not just dreaming. We were quickly rising in popularity and it was all thanks to the fans. Which is why today we were holding a fan-signing event and I have to say I'm pretty nervous. It wasn't our first fan-signing event but I always worry about being put on the spot by the fans questions but our leader Seojung assured me that I had nothing to worry about and I tried my best to believe her. I took my seat behind the long table set up for us and look out at the crowd of fans who seemed to have doubled in size since the last event. It was unreal. I look over at Iseul who was sitting beside me and give her a nervous smile and we both laugh, not being able to believe the size of the crowd. At that moment, an assistant comes around and places a bottle of vitamin water in front of each of us. I immediately grab the bottle and open it, taking a sip. Maybe this will help me calm down. 


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

As the fan-signing continued, my nerves soon calmed until one fan decided to ask me a question that is sometimes tricky to answer for an idol. 

"Which male idol is your style?" 

I contemplate my answer and decide to answer as simply as possible. 

"Anyone who understands me" I wonder if I'll ever find that person. 

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

"You should come with me! You need to get yourself out there" 

"'Out there' is scary" 

Soojin is trying to convince me to go to another one of these parties she's been invited to and as always, the thought of socializing makes me nervous. She knows I'm not a social person but she always tries to convince me to go. I'm glad she takes an interest in me but at the same time I hate feeling pressured to go. Even though I would like friends, meeting new makes me nervous. 

"I'll be with you. Come on! There's going to be a lot of idols that you like there! Like Miss A's Min, SHINee's Key, GOT7's Jackson and also K-"

"I don't know Soojin. You'll probably end up ditching me anyways" 

"I promise I won't. I'll buy you a Big Mac if you come" 

Her proposition makes me contemplate it all. As an idol, having a Big Mac was pretty much prohibited. I hadn't had one in at least 6 months and I .. loved... Big ... Macs.

".... you promise?" 

"I promise" 

"Fine" 

I can't believe I got reeled in by a Big Mac. 

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

"Come on man. Let's go! You hardly go out to parties with me. Everyone always asks for you. Lots of girls have their eye on you" 

Baekhyun was in the middle of trying to convinve Kai to go to this party he had been invited to. He had been asked countless times by girls for Kai's number and he was fed up with having to be the middle man. 

"I was going to watch some tv tonight. You can go on yourself" Kai responded as he grabbed the remote and the tv. 

Baekhyun frowned in frustration and ripped the control out of the other's hand and shut off the tv before pointing a finger at him. 

"You're coming with me whether you like it or not" 

With that he went off to hide the tv remote, leaving a huffy Kai on the couch. 

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

Just as I suspected, the minute we got to the party, Soojin went off to talk to her own pre-made group of friends, paying no regards to me. Not knowing what else to do, I just follow her around like a lost puppy and stand awkwardly amongst her friends, not contruibuting to the conversation. I never should have come. I let out a sigh and look around at the other people in the room, wishing I was easily social like them. 

As Soojin and her friends take their seats on a couch, I squish myself into the corner of the couch and turn the other way as I take out my phone, pretending I had someone to talk to. How could anyone find this enjoyable? I heave out another sigh. As I sat there, feeling like I wanted to be anywhere but here, I looked around in search for a distraction and my eyes came across a boy who seemed like he hated being here as much as I did. Wait- is that? 

"Kai, come on man. Aren't you gonna talk to someone?" I overhear someone say to him. So it is him. Kai from EXO. 

I see him shake his head. As stupid as it is, I feel like trying to bond with someone who hated social gatherings as much as I did but how could I talk to someone like him? I would probably embarrass myself. But you wanted to make friends, remember? I sigh. But how could I ever be friends with him?  

At that moment, Soojin leans over and asks me to get her a beer. I look over at the island in the kitchen where the cans of beer are and where Kai just happens to be sitting. This is my chance. I nod in response to Soojin and hesitantly get up, making my way over to the island and I brainstorm conversation openers as I make my way over. Still, the moment I make it over there, my mind goes blank. I awkwardly take hold of one of the cans of beer and contemplate everything before taking in a big breath and quickly turning my head over to look over at Kai. 

"Hey" I say bluntly and immediately regret my manner of speaking. I mentally hit myself and bite my lip in embarrassment. Kai begins to slowly lift his head and he takes out the earbud that was in one of his ears and blinks up at me before muttering back. 

"Hey" 

I let out the breath I had been holding and notice the smile forming at the corner of his lips. He... smiled at me. I smiled back.

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I'm pretty much making it up as I go but I hope it doesn't come off as a boring mess ;; I haven't written fanfiction in forever ^^; but my obssession with Kai was becoming too much. If you have any suggestions or tips then let me know! o u o & please comment to let me know what you think & please subscribe