Full of Surprises

For the Love of.. Books?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the Love of.. Books?

Ch.3: Full of Surprises

by Eiryia

 

Mino was mumbling to himself as he walked around the bookstore tidying up and moving chairs around. He had just found out that he got the afternoon off from work because the old man who owned the shop were going to host a whiskey tasting for his friends there that evening.

He was helping him set up chairs and tables after seeing how much he had struggled just to carry them up from the basement. His mind kept going back to a week ago when he had somehow ended up kissing Seungyoon in his apartment.

Nothing more had happened though and they never got to head back out on the tour bus either because Seungyoon had received a phone call asking him to come in for work.

Mino had thought at first it was the café who had called, but Seungyoon had explained that he would be flying out of the country and might not make it back for their next planned sightseeing trip. He had followed him down to the front door and waited for the taxi with him.

"So this job?"

He had begun asking, but felt a little hesitant as he didn’t want to dig too much into Seungyoon’s personal life just yet.

 "Music"

Seungyoon had said with a sad smile. It was silent between them. Mino felt that this weren’t the time for questions yet he really wanted to know.

"I'll tell you all about it when I get back"

Mino was about to ask when that would be, but he got kissed before he managed to say a word. This had been a very different kiss then the once they had exchanged earlier in the day. Full of urgency, he had not hesitated to return those feelings when kissing him back either. He didn't like not knowing, what if this was the end of them? Before they really started?

 

The weather had been nice earlier in the day, but by the time he was leaving work had it already started raining. It made his mood even worse as it now reminded him of Seungyoon. He arrived home after picking up some groceries for a simple dinner. He actually had work to do this afternoon because a friend from school had asked him to write a guest article in a magazine he worked for.

He had finished dinner and begun researching for the article when he got a text message. It said

"Are you thinking of me?"

And it was from Seungyoon. He laughed a little as he read it, but decided to pretend to be unimpressed as he still felt like sulking about the being kept in the dark situation they had going on.

"Not really, no"

He replied feeling smug.

"I've had the hiccups all day, isn't there a saying about how you get that from being thought of?"

Mino had never heard that saying and told him so before asking

"So are you back in town?"

It took a while for him to get a reply

"I'm at the airport"

Mino finished reading the article before replying, but he had to admit he was pretty excited about that.

"Which one? Heathrow?"

He asked since there were four possible airports around London although he had never landed at Luton or Gatwick when he had been flying between there and home. Seungyoon's reply however was neither of them

"Incheon"

So he was still in Korea then.

"Returning here?"

This time it took a while for Seungyoon to reply. He got sick of waiting and decided to watch a movie, but he quickly found himself to be too restless to pay attention. He was staring angrily at the phone when it suddenly lit up with Seungyoon's reply

"Yes, I got a lot to do when I get back. Mind if I ask for your help?"

Mino blinked at his phone for a moment. Sure he could help, but with what? He was too curious to play the waiting game and replied

"Sure I'll help, with what?"

Only a minute passed then

"I'm boarding now, okay if I call you when I have landed?"

Mino smiled, he had wanted to hear his voice even if he didn't wish to admit that to anyone right now.

"Sure, safe flight :)"

He wondered if the smiley was lame for a moment, but decided it was cute.. Right?

There was no point in staying up late, he would be distracted from whatever he'd be doing anyway. Going to bed at 9 was something he surely had not done in years, but he brought a book and after reading for a couple of hours had he finally gone to sleep.

It was Friday morning and he was heading to work while sipping on his newly bought coffee, he had brought his book from last night and was reading it on the bus. He found it a little hard to focus because he knew Seungyoon would be landing sometime soon. He hoped he had meant that he would call him straight away when he landed because he was already sick of waiting. What did he want help for from him anyway? 

They had just finished their little morning meeting when his phone rang, he excused himself and walked out of the shop and sat down on the tiny step outside the shop door. The sun had just peeked over the rooftops and the soft warmth of that along with Seungyoon's voice greeting him hello made his mood skyrocket.

"Good morning"

He replied instead of the usual hello

"How was your flight?"

He heard Seungyoon grumble something about not enough sleep before changing his tone asking in a casual way

"So are you free this weekend?"

Mino played a little with his shoelaces smiling to himself before replying the he was indeed free all weekend.

"Would you mind coming over to my place tomorrow for breakfast? I'll show you what I need help with and if you are up to it then we can get started?"

Tomorrow? But he wanted to see him today. He kicked a pebble trying to think of a way to convince Seungyoon to see him today.

"What is it that you need help with anyway? Are you sure the weekend is enough time?"

It was quiet on the other end of the line.

"I was thinking of starting ahead of you on my own today, but you got a point"

This was too easy Mino thought.

"I'm free this afternoon, I'll pick up some dinner on my way over to you and we can get started tonight?"

He asked and heard a pleased hum come from Seungyoon moments later

"I have a business call appointment tomorrow morning though.."

Seungyoon’s voiced trailed of as he realized what he was saying. Mino covered his face and mostly felt like rolling on the ground in happiness. So he expected him to stay over? Well he didn't mind and it was nice to know beforehand so he could bring some things along.

"What was that?"

Mino asked teasingly.

"Huh? Nothing? Just planning the weekend"

Seungyoon replied sounding a little perplexed. Mino laughed a little

"I'm still part of those plans right?"

After getting that confirmed did they agree on time and what kind of food he should be bringing. Hurrying down the street towards Seungyoon's house he wondered for the hundred time the last 24 hours what he would be helping with. He hoped it was something he actually was capable of doing. He had bought some extra food in case it dragged on into the night. He knocked on the door and it took a couple of minutes before Seungyoon opened.

"Hell...o?"

Mino said as he took in the view. Seungyoon was wearing white overalls over a red old looking muscle shirt which was too big for him.

"Come in"

Seungyoon said flashing such a bright smile Mino forgot to comment on the outfit.

"Home renovation?"

Mino said leaving the food on the kitchen counter

"Haven't your living room been like that for a while? Why now?"

Seungyoon put the extra food in the fridge and took out plates for the dinner.

"It's not the living room, it's the guest room"

Mino nodded

"Sudden guests arriving?"

He began eating his dinner; one of the best burgers on this side of London.

"On Monday actually"

Seungyoon said before attempting to bite over his burger.

“We are in a hurry then”

Mino mumbled between taking another chew of his burger watching amused as Seungyoon struggled to eat his.

“So you will help me?”

Seungyoon asked almost looking a little anxious. Mino just nodded while giving Seungyoon a thumbs up. He hoped the guest bedroom was in a better state then the living room, but then again if it weren’t would he and Seungyoon maybe both end up sharing his bedroom? He didn’t mind. He had no experience with home renovation, but how hard could it be to throw some paint on the walls?

“I got some more overalls if you want to borrow something”

 Seungyoon said getting himself a knife and fork having given up on eating his burger the traditional way.

“You just want to watch me undress”

Mino said teasingly looking at Seungyoon’s paint covered overalls.

“Not really, but it’s a nice bonus”

Seungyoon replied finally being able to eat his burger. After having (rather teasingly) changed into his overalls and making comments on how they now looked like some cheesy American couple in a paint commercial had they made their way up to the guest room. Mino was relieved to see that Seungyoon had done a lot already. All that was left was to paint one wall and the windows.

They had no trouble deciding on who was to do what as Mino felt up to either and let Seungyoon choose. He had chosen window after claiming he had a steady hand and a skill for dealing with details. They started at the opposite ends of the room slowly moving towards each other as they worked. Both sneaking glances at the other, catching the other glancing and blaming it on the excuse that they were checking on the work progression.

They were about half way through it when Mino decided to ask about the whole mysterious musician ordeal.

“So you promised to explain your whole job situation when you got back if I didn’t google you.. Care to tell me some of it now?”

He tried to act casual about it, but he noticed how Seungyoon had stopped working on his window.

“There isn’t all that much to explain really. Let’s just say I’m past the playing in pubs stage in my music career”

Mino looked over at Seungyoon now.

“I kinda figured that much, but why are you here in London? And what’s with this cafe job of yours? If music is going well for you?”

He had so many questions and the more he thought about it the more obvious it became that there were some truth to his suspicions.

“I’m here in London because I’m working on new music and I can move freely here which is nice.. and the coffee shop is just for fun, to get out a little and meet people”

Mino listened inn intently, it made sense in a way. Since his music producing stuff all were in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter