"Must Be"

For the Love of.. Books?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the Love of... Books?

Ch.2 "Must Be"

by Eiryia

 

 

"The book you are reading is about the history of London?"

Seungyoon asked as Mino took another sip of his coffee.

"Mhm, a nice old lady gave it to me"

Mino replied. Seungyoon made a gesture to ask if he could look at the book and Mino nodded.

"You have read so much of it already"

Seungyoon noted as he flipped through the pages.

"The Tower of London, Westminster Abby, Big Ben.. I haven't visited any of these places yet. Only gone past by them by car"

Seungyoon looked a little sad as he said it.

"Why not?"

Mino asked putting his coffee down.

"Everyone I know here have already been there so many times and I haven't had much time for sightseeing since I got here either".

Mino looked at him, would he be too bold if he asked if he wanted to go with him? What did he have to lose anyway? He really liked those places and wouldn't mind going back another time. He also knew a bit about some of the modern sightseeing spots like the London Eye and London aquarium. Not to mention all the art galleries and museums if that was his kind of thing.

"You want to go?"

He asked while observing Seungyoon reading a page about The Black Death.

"Yeah, I really want to see all those places while I'm here"

Seungyoon replied without looking up from the book. Eh was he slow or just?

"With me I mean?"

Mino asked putting extra emphasis on the word me. Seungyoon looked up from the book this time.

"You want to go to these places with me?"

Seungyoon asked and Mino nodded as confirmation before explaining

"I've been to all those places, but as you can see am I really interested in stuff like that so I would mind another visit"

Seungyoon closed the book and smiled.

"I'd love that. When do you have time?"

Mino looked at his watch it was only 4 in the afternoon and the weather was amazing.

"How about now? We could go see a sight or two and then grab some food?"

Seungyoon looked really excited by the prospect of this.

"I'd have to stop by home and change first though".

He couldn't help it, he just had to comment on it

"You'd look cute walking around among the tourists in your apron though"

He thought this comment might give him a pointer towards if there really was something between them and he felt like a coward for not being more direct about it. Seungyoon flopped the napkin on the table once more and smiled at his hands.

"I'd be more comfortable in my normal clothes if you don't mind"

 Mino decided to let this one go and replied that he didn’t mind with a smile.

 

They had hopped on a double decker buss right outside the coffee shop and arrived at Seungyoon's place ten minutes later. Mino had been left to himself again while Seungyoon changed and so he had wandered around a bit. The front room by the hall was a study slash music room with a couple of bookshelves and guitars standing around the walls. There were some fancy looking computers by the desk and a small soundproofed room at the end of the room with glass walls. So he recorded music at home? Wouldn’t it be hard to do on his own?

He was about to look at the artwork and something that looked like awards at the back of the room when he heard footsteps behind him. He turned to look and saw Seungyoon standing at the doorway. He was twirling his fedora on his finger while humming a little.

"Ready to go?"

Mino asked secretly checking him out pretending to be mesmerized by the hat. He was wearing a tight pair of dark blue jeans, classic Adidas sneakers and loose black shirt. His eyes stopped at his pale chest and something in him would rather have stayed behind at the apartment and attempted to persuade Seungyoon in to letting him that shirt. Seungyoon however walked towards the front door and opened it

"Let's go!"

 

After some quick googling had they found that most of the things they wanted to visit the most were already closed for the day or would be closing soon. So in the end had they decided to head to Buckingham Palace so Seungyoon could take a couple of pictures in front of the gates to send to his mother back home in Korea.

Mino thought the whole notion of this was really cute especially when Seungyoon explained that he didn't have much interest in today’s royalty, only the history of those long buried had his attention.

On the way there had they discussed about a few of England’s previous kings and especially Henry the Eight with his many wives had been an interesting topic. Seungyoon had pointed out jokingly that having that many wives must be exhausting and Mino had said that although Henry the eight didn't have them all at once since he chopped their heads off so wouldn't he personally like to have any wives. Seungyoon had chuckled at this but his smile seemed even more heartily after this comment. It might just be Mino's imagination though.

As they walked up to the huge gates had Mino told Seungyoon to move up in front of the gate so he could take a picture. He had made a couple of lame poses and a few decent once with him holding up his hand as if waving. They had soon after found one of the guards with their famous fluffy hats and had taken a picture of him as well.

After walking around for a while had they found a bench to sit down on so that Seungyoon could send the pictures right away. Mino had laughed quite a bit at the message which had said

"Hi mother, made a new friend who is showing me around London. We ran into this guy"

Attached with the picture of the guard. He then wrote another message

"Also, mother I bought another property, it's a bit on the large side so I now have lots of room for you. I hope you come visit soon to have a look at it"

Before attaching a picture of him in front of the palace.

While they sat on the bench had they made a list over places to go see along with when they both had time of during the day to go see them. Mino had found it all to go almost too well according to what he wanted, but he hoped it was because Seungyoon liked him as well.

After that had they gone to take the subway to another part of town where Seungyoon wanted to show him his favorite Italian restaurant. Their table had been outside and it got cold while they were eating.

Mino had begun to worry a little for Seungyoon because his hands were turning redder by the moment. Seungyoon had assured him that it was nothing to worry about and that they mostly had that color anyway. Mino had shook his head then mainly at himself for letting himself worry in the first place. He cared a lot already, how had it come to this without him even realizing it? He guessed that this only meant that it was too late to turn back. He really liked this guy.

Seungyoon had leaned forward then and looked up at his face saying

"Really, I'm good. How are you? The way you are furrowing your brows makes it look like you have a bad headache"

The way Seungyoon had worried about him got to him as well and he had involuntarily made a random gesture that to Seungyoon must have been really amusing because he kept laughing for a good while afterwards.

They had talked about lots of things during their dinner, from his education, to the city and their plans and to work. It was only when they got to Seungyoon's work he had been a little hesitant. He had explained that he was working on an album these days which was why he had all the equipment at his house. Mino had made him promise to show him some of his music someday soon which he had happily agreed to do.

Seungyoon's house was only a short walk from the restaurant and Mino had about only coming here because he wanted a short trip home afterwards. Seungyoon had laughed and admitted that he mainly had been exploring his neighborhood so far, but he was open to go somewhere close to Mino's place next time.

The mention of next time was enough to make Mino float on a cloud, eating out was more date’ish then him acting as a tour guide around town. He promised to take him to his favorite neighborhood restaurant next time without letting on too much how excited he was about this.

Within no time had they arrived at the street of Seungyoon's apartment.

"Cute of you to walk me home, I'd be fine on my own though"

Seungyoon said slowing his walking pace a little. Mino thought it was a strange way of saying goodbye and so he decided like usual to push his luck a little

"You think I'm cute?"

Seungyoon looked at his shoes now obviously a little embarrassed

"Something like that.."

This had Mino's heart bouncing out of his chest of joy, but he tried to compose himself the best he could.

"Must be the leather jacket"

He said smiling while looking up at the sky.

"Must be"

Seungyoon said looking up as well. A plane flew pretty close to the ground above them and both of their heads turned to follow it over the horizon. They stopped by the stairs and Seungyoon said while looking for his keys.

"Thank you for today, I really look forward to our trip to the Tower of London next Thursday"

Mino nodded before replying

"I do too, I'll look up lots of interesting facts for you"

Seungyoon found his keys which were in a tiny pocket of his jeans.

"I'm sure you already know a lot from all those books"

He said looking up at Mino now. There was this strange silence between them where they both just stared at each other.

"Well then, good night and.."

Mino started, but was interrupted by Seungyoon saying

"Good night and"

At the same time. They both laughed a little to hide their embarrassment. Seungyoon waved and walked up the stairs

"Good night and safe trip home"

Seungyoon said stopping in the door entrance. Mino started walking slowly backwards up the street and waved as well

"Sweet dreams, cutie!"

He said befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter