Somewhere Only They Knew

Somewhere Only They Knew

Sehun and Soojung are walking out together from the presentation class with a relief feeling. A final task from one of the subjects to make software based on augmented reality (AR) and journal provided by the lecturer during this semester really give a special lesson for them. The two students are also very grateful for their efforts.

Now, Sehun and Soojung arrive at the faculty hall. In that place, many students sitting in the space by staring at the laptop screen either for doing their assignments, replying e-mails, or just enjoy the free wifi on campus. Sehun and Soojung are glancing looking for an empty seat for a brief rest. A few seconds later, Soojung finds an empty spot so she is immediately drags Sehun to that place to sit.

"Come on, Sehun," Soojung said as she walks toward the empty spot and drags Sehun’s hand, "We better resting the brain for a moment in that chair."

Sehun and Soojung take a sitting position next to each other. After that, they open the backpack each and issue their own laptops.

"That windows is just already starts, this girl directly double click the Skype icon." Sehun chirps, shaking his head. He isn’t intentional to see Soojung being run skype on her laptop.

"Don’t do a lot of protests, Oh Sehun!" Soojung answered with a curt tone. "This is about you and the late of your grandfather too." Soojung says, while clicking on the picture of a grandmother with the words "Im Yoona" then click the video call button.

"Don’t tell me you want to talk about Somewhere Only They Knew to your grandmother." Sehun does empty talk again, but Soojung just smiles and doesn’t take her eyes to Sehun.

Connections are now connected. It was not until 10 seconds, it appears a window with a video of a grandmother who is sitting it in Soojung’s laptop screen. Apparently, the grandmother makes video calls via television. Soojung greet grandmother gently and politely. She also looks really missed her grandmother.

Sehun and Soojung observe it with a very cheerful speaking in front of a laptop. View moments later, he saw Soojung like she is looking for something that was in the bag. Sure enough, Sehun see Soojung take items they are searching for; as well as the temple image which was very help them in making Somewhere Only They Knew, temples recognition applications with augmented reality technology into their assignment. Moments later, Soojung drags Sehun’s hand so he could look at the screen.

Soojung introduce Sehun to her grandmother, while Yoona looks so happy to see a grandson from a man who ever loved. That's where, Yoona started to share her story with Sehun’s grandfather named Lu Han in college who became Yoona’s first love. A story which helping Sehun and Soojung completing one of the assignment, and also love. Yoona told all from beginning to end for approximately one hour. After that, they all end the video call.

Sehun just finished clearing a laptop that does not he use. Seeing Soojung who wis entering her laptop into the bag, Sehun then assist to  shut Soojung’s zipper directly bag so Soojung only gape as Sehun behavior. After that, Sehun takes Soojung, saying, "Let's go somewhere!" then dragged out of the hall.

"Uh, where are we going?" Soojung asked with half run as follow Sehun which runs very fast.

Sehun replied, "Somewhere Only They Knew." without turning toward Soojung then he ran to the parking lot holding Soojung.

"Oh Sehun please slow down!" Soojung screams because she can’t compare her pace with Sehun.

Sehun and Soojung have reached the parking lot of the motor. They wear a helmet and then Sehun rushed for driving the motor.

"Hold on tight," said Sehun as he turned his face to the back, "Or I throw you into the Han River."

Soojung was sneering, "It's like going through the course of the Han River." then hold Sehun jacket at the waist. However, not until Soojung grip, Sehun immediately step on the gas so as to make Soojung surprised and a little more advanced position as well as Sehun hug.

"Hey, Oh Sehun!" Soojung shouted, slapping Sehun’s shoulder. "You have always been like this!"

Sehun just smiled ignorant, then increased the speed of the motor so as to make Soojung scream again.

***

"Finally we arrive." Sehun mutters who felt relieved after he shut off his motorcycle engine in a parking lot for a motorcycle that is not too broad. Sehun then put the bike from falling standards. After that, he took off his helmet and put it on the right side rearview mirror, then turns around. Deftly, Sehun’s hand es helmet that worn by Soojung who happened when it has not been successfully opened. After that, Sehun release Soojung wear helmets, and then put it on the left side rearview mirror.

Soojung are treated as such by Sehun, just be silent with his mouth slightly open. It feels strange to behavior Sehun last two months, precisely since Sehun know that they have a picture of the same sketch of a temple; that mediates their ideas to the task group courses they take. Until finally, Soojung snaps out from her reverie after she hears Sehun’s voice.

"Want to stare until when, Jung Soojung?" Asked Sehun with a little scream, then get off the bike.

"Eh?" Answer Soojung are still not fully aware of reverie.

Sehun smile ignorant because seeing Soojung are still somewhat stunned, then he reached toward Soojung, "Come quickly." He said.

Soojung was off the bike, then helping by Sehun’s hand.

"Come on." Soojung replied with a smile and give a pat for Sehun’s hand. After that, she runs so Sehun cannot catch her palm deftly.

Sehun who viewed Soojung even ran instead of receiving a helping hand, and then quickly ran after Soojung. He does not need a lot of energy because Soojung cannot run fastly. Only in seven steps running, Sehun successfully holding Soojung’s hand. He then brought Soojung into the area of Bongeunsa Temple. The temple located in the middle of a bustling city Gangnam, but not in the temple because now is not a holiday and hours after work. They then entered the gate.

Inside the gate if the visitor turned to the right once you enter there are two statues, men and women, big and creepy. Soojung which already the third time she visiting the temple, always surprise whenever she see the statue.

"It has been three times to here is not that familiar with them?" Asked Sehun who suddenly embrace Soojung when he stunned surprised to see the statue. Sehun then herded Soojung walked around the temple building. At any roadside they trace, there stupa many forms and also some small monk statue.

Along the way, Soojung wondering what's going on with Sehun? Why now Sehun so bold embrace like this? Soojung ocasionally glance Sehun as they walked. Soojung also showed signs of discomfort with the current position.

"Why?" Asked Sehun who deliberately caught Soojung glanced at her. He asked again, "Are you uncomfortable?"

"Of course!" Said Soojung smirked, and then remove Sehun’s embracing. Soojung then ran towards the main temple courtyard.

"Hey, Jung Soojung!" Call Sehun were somewhat surprised to see Soojung ran away. He muttered, "That girl fled again." He shook his head and smiled. He then decided to follow Soojung towards the main temple courtyard.

Now, Soojung and Sehun are standing side by side in front of the maintemple. A temple triple that shipped by triple pagoda in dealing with the place incense. They both then advanced to the place to light incense and then drove on the sand that has been provided.

"So remember, we ever argue in this place a month ago." Sehun muttered beside Soojung just finished plugging incense. Sehun then directs his views to Soojung.

Soojung smiles, pointing her ice face. She responses Sehun words, "Yes, when you have to tell me if it was not this statue that grandmother mean but I still insisted." Then they laugh together because remember events they do when collecting images shrines and temples for the software development.

Soojung suddenly remembered something. She ever planned to show the software as soon as possible to her grandmother if it is finished. Soojung then took her 7-inch smartphone. Before Soojung open software applications Somewhere Only They Knew, she asked Sehun for help first.

"What’s that mean? Do you want to do demo again? "Said Sehun wondering, "Aren’t you still keep recording our demo software?"

"But our demo is for Manggyeongsa temple, Sehun!" Soojung is denying, "I want to do demo here for grandmother."

Sehun sighed before he obeyed his group mates since they entered college, precisely since they are still the orientation. Wondering what happen, Sehun and Soojung always caught one group in each task subjects, plus their student ID numbers sequentially.

"Okay." Sehun says with sign later issued his smartphone. He then records Soojung being pressed Somewhere Only They Knew software in Soojung’s smartphone, then Soojung directed her smartphone to the side of the temple when the application starts running.

The smartphone has been directed to the object side of the temple, which according to Soojung already fitted. Soojung also doesn’t forget to select Bongeunsa temple for menu button so that 3D image of the augmented reality application to appear and issued a statement that it is accurate. It is not until two seconds later, the virtual image for pagoda with three layers appears along with a description of the temple.

"Don’t you want to show Mireuk-bul statue for your grandmother?" Sehun chirps when looking Soojung close Somewhere Only They Knew application, "Whereas, that's the drawing place stored by her and also your grandmother and my grandfather made a promise."

Soojung turned toward Sehun, and then thinks for a moment. A moment later, she smiled at Sehun. "That’s right!" She confirmed. "Then, let's go to Mireuk-bul statue!" Soojung urges Sehun, holding his hand towards the statue.

Sehun and Soojung now standing under the plum tree located across little further to the right of the white giant Buddha statue named Mireuk-bul.

"Right over here, huh?" Ask Soojung to Sehun but not turned to him. Soojung even run applications Somewhere Only They Knew then directs the cell phone into a fitting object for displaying the virtual image and description of Mireuk-bul statue.

Sehun is replying Soojung with a question, "What's right over here?" while recording Soojung being demonstrate the application.

"A place for my grandmother and your grandfather made a promise, and bury their toga." Soojung says followed by placing her smartphone into a bag.

Sehun and Soojung are silent for a moment, watching the Mireuk-bul statue across them. Every now and then they go back to compare the similarity of the giant sculpture with sculpture sketches ever drawn by Soojung‘s grandma and Sehun’s deceased grandpa. They broke silence after a few moments later, Sehun open sound and followed by Soojung who opened her purse to take photos.

"I do not think there is still this grand cultural heritage in the middle of the metropolis," muttered Sehun are still looking at the temple that makes Soojung turned to him. Regardless of Soojung, Sehun continue his muttering, "And also behind my deceased grandfather’s soft attitude towards my deceased grandmother, it turned out he still had the unfinished story that even he did not dare to finish until his death."

Soojung frowned because she doesn’t understand the meaning of Sehun’s words. She then asked, "What’s that mean?" but Sehun not being turned toward Soojung.

"The story of my grandfather and your grandmother," Sehun replying and still not turn his face toward Soojung. Staring at Temple, Sehun take a deep breath and then went on to say, "If he dared to say the truth that has been arranged married; your grandmother certainly would not wait that long and can live in peace in mind with your grandfather. "

Now Soojung understand what Sehun said just now. She also followed Sehun still noticed a giant statue named Mireuk-bul. Soojung then responded by saying, "I do not think that for the sake of their promise to meet again in this place; and also for the sake of waiting grandfather Lu which went away to Singapore at the day after graduation, my grandmother received a job offers as a lecture on our campus. Until, she retired about two years ago."

Sehun is still staring at the giant statue. He remembers that his grandfather died three years ago. Sehun also suddenly remembered that about two weeks before his grandfather died, the deceased's had asked Sehun’s mother to be delivered to a temple. And also, the deceased had said that there were two women who were eager to late to apologize. Now Sehun understand that this Bongeunsa temple is deceased grandfather’s place he meant, as well as those two women. Because of remembering that moment, Sehun also thinks if Yixing, his cousin, immediately seek Soojung’s grandmother, of course all of this will not matter. Actually, Yixing which was given the mandate to provide a letter from the late Lu Han, but he could not because he got a job three days after graduating from college so that letters and sketches directly given to Sehun.

Sehun smiles; he remembered the incident when Yixing suddenly left the letter and the drawing it; or rather forced him to immediately be given to a teacher named Im Yoona. Sehun who had just completed the orientation was slightly annoyed because not know anything about the ins and outs of college but his cousin had forced him to do such a thing. So, for two years Sehun silencing objects away. Until one occasion, there was one thing that made him eager to carry out the mandate of the deceased grandfather. Occasions when Sehun see a sketch picture belonged to Soojung that turned out exactly the same. Plus, Sehun is being dizzy for looking objects that will be used as material for his augmented reality software tasks together with Soojung. So, he immediately said yes when Soojung proposed for the introduction of the temple as well as find a statue that according to the image. At that time, Sehun immediately assumed that this would drink water while diving.

Sehun think again. Maybe he will not realize that he has found his heart if Yixing didn’t force him to seek a lecturer named Im Yoona who was already retired. Now, Sehun back a small smile.

"You know, Oh Sehun?" Soojung suddenly open sound.

"Knowing about what," Asked Sehun which then turns toward Soojung.

Soojung turned toward Sehun so their eyes met. Se smiled and then spoke again, "About our ever caught one group in each task. Is that a hint that we should find a place and also these objects? "Then issued a graduation photo of her grandmother and Sehun’s grandfather, as well as the second graduation gown belonged to her grandmother and grandfather Sehun too late.

"It could be," said Sehun to respond. "Or it could be a message that we are not to repeat the same story."

"Are we?" Asked Soojung who frowned again, a sign not understand.

"Yes, we are." Sehun nodded firmly. "You and me." then holding both of Soojung’s hands very closely.

"You and I," Sehun says steady, "Don’t ever leave each other."

Soojung gives deep stare to Sehun. Because of staring Sehun, Soojung still not to give a respond as sentences or else to Sehun.

Sehun is still holding Soojung’s hands, is re-opened his voice, "I promise you. I will not leave you as it has done by my deceased grandfather to your grandmother."

Hearing Sehun’s words just now, Soojung raises her eyebrow lifted one and a thin red shown on her cheeks. To mask the blush, Soojung asked, "Why are you up to make a promise like that, Oh Sehun?"

With steady and full of confidence, Sehun answered the questions while give a deep stare to Soojung, "Because, I love you."

Blush on Soojung’s cheeks is increasingly visible. Actually, Soojung is very happy to hear the sentence. She also felt very relieved to have got answers to some strange behavior Sehun lately. Now,  Soojung should respond Sehun sentence. Before you speaking, Soojung take a deep breath first. "There is one thing you should know, Oh Sehun." She said softly.

Sehun curious oun asked, "What is it?"

Soojung smiled and replied, "All I need is not a promise, but being on my side. For me, such a promise would be spoken if there is time. While we are still a long way of life; and many dreams and expectations should we make happens."

"So," Sehun open sound evil smile as he pulled out his evil smile, "The important thing is Oh Sehun always by Jung Soojung’s side, isn’t it?"

Soojung nodded slowly, sign agreed Sehun question.

"Then, let this place be somewhere only our grandparents knew. We are better looking for another place." With deft, Sehun directly carried Soojung. He took Soojung’s hand tightly as she ran toward the parking lot.

Soojung exclaimed, "Hey, Oh Sehun! Where else are we going? "

"Around this city!"

"Do not run like this!" Exclaimed Soojung again, "Slow down!"

"Whatever!" Sehun replied loudly, "You said that the important thing I always stay by your side, right?"

Five minutes later, Sehun and Soojung have arrived at the place they belong Sehun parked motorcycle. They both immediately take a position, and then Sehun turns the engine on to leave the temple and drive it with a fairly high speed.

Along the way, Soojung not stop ranting because Sehun riding a motorcycle at high speed according to Soojung. Though more Soojung is nagging, Sehun drives his motorcycle for higher speed.

"Oh Sehun!" Soojung finally shouted, "Could you just drive safely, huh?"

"So what if I'm riding a bike like this?" Sehun replied her while precede a large trucks transporting cars.

"Hey, you're!" Soojung shouted again because of Sehun’s behavior just now. She also hit his shoulder; then say something. "Though there is something I want to say."

"Tell me!" Sehun replied.

With a little closer to Sehun’s ear, Soojung says. "Thank you so much, Oh Sehun!" She exclaimed.

 

THE END

 


 

A/N : Hello everyone. Have you watched the movie Somewhere Only We Know? Because of the movie story, I make this fiction. I know that this fiction is so far from a good story so I tried to make it better. Thank you for reading. :)