Fin.

Back to Reality.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Your feet instinctively lead you to the place where the sweet, but bitter smell of coffee and various teas lured you inside. The ting of the bell on the door when it opened was all too familiar to you. You surveyed your surroundings and were about to step up in line to order when-

Daehyun.

What was he doing here? Why did you have to notice him now? Had he noticed you?

“Miss, what is your order?” The waitress interrupted your thoughts and you quickly shook your head back to reality.

“Err, I’ll have one cappuccino and raspberry and dark chocolate muffin please,” answering her, you handed the money and took your receipt to wait until your little treat was ready. Standing in line, you couldn’t help but to sneak glances behind you… you didn’t particularly want him to notice you, but then you wanted him to see how well you were doing- without him. Shaking your head and looking back to the front, you realised that the queue ahead was quite a long one indeed and you wondered why you had been so gullible as to come here in the busiest hours, when you could have easily come at any time, since you were on a part-time break. You sighed and unlocked your phone, checking to see if your friend, who was supposed to be meeting you soon, had any plans of notifying you yet on how she was doing.

Tap tap. You turned around and to your surprise, it was:

Daehyun.

“Uh, hey _____... I guess it really was you haha…” he trailed, his hand reaching to the back of his neck like he did when he was quite sheepish.

“Oh, hi.” You pretended that you hadn’t seen him. It would be the easiest way.

“So what are you doing here?” The end of his lips managed to tug upwards a tiny bit.

“I… I just decided to come here for a little break,” there was a few moments of awkward silence, but then “what about you? What brings you here?”

“Oh, I’m just… well I’m just here to get my usual, you know haha…” he trailed, not knowing when to stop. You knew. You remembered, very clearly. His usual was mocha coffee with a hint of orange, but being the stupid person you were, you pretended not to remember at all.

“You don’t remember…?”

“No, sorry. Do I need to?”

“Of course not, s

Please log in to read the full chapter