Chapter One

Unreal Hatred

                                                             

C h a p t e r  O n e : F i r s t  M e e t i n g

 

 

Jungwook woke up to the scent of spicy ramen being cooked by his roommate, Jung Jinyoung. He sat up at his bed, stretched his arms in the air and heaved a heavy sigh.

“School again.”

Standing up staggeringly to get his towel to shower, he went to the bathroom.

Opening the bathroom, Jungwook went to the mirror. Ruffling his hair at the sight of his bed face. Putting his towel at the nearest handle, he opened his clothes and only left his underwear covering his body. He slowly turned the water pipe on and let the water rinse his body while he lazily showered.

After Jungwook’s done showering, he went to the living room with a towel on his neck. Knowing his roommate is currently making spicy ramen for himself and the other, Jungwook quietly sat himself on the dining table at the center of the living room while getting his phone to play some games while waiting.

Jinyoung came to the dining table, bringing 2 spicy ramen bowls with him while giving Jungwook a big smile. He cooked spicy ramen, which is Jungwook’s favorite, because yesterday Jungwook didn’t seem to have a very good mood. Jungwook only give him a brow, feeling a bit weird with Jinyoung’s acts for today.

“So our Wookie is going to school today again, isn’t he?” Jinyoung gave a gummy smile to Jungwook while preparing the ramen’s side dishes.

“What’s up with the attitude?” Jungwook raised his brow again as he asked Jinyoung. Jinyoung’s attitude is different today. It wasn’t the same as always.

“Nothing. Just be happy today, okay?” Jinyoung give him another smile and Jungwook knew when he heard that sentence just a few seconds ago, he was touched. Since Jungwook is very sensitive, he likes attitudes of people like Jinyoung. Nice, knows what to say at times and thinks of people’s feelings.

Jungwook smiled back at him and took his bowl. “Thanks hyung.” He said before filling his mouth with spicy hot delicious ramen noodles. He winced at the hotness before stuffing it in while his roommate only chuckles at Jungwook’s actions.

:: 3 0 m i n u t e s l a t e r : :

“Jungwook! Jungwook! Come on you’re going to be late!” shrieked Jinyoung from the living room, worried that Jungwook might be late this time he went to school.  Even if their house is only a merely few minutes to school but Jinyoung is still worried. ‘What is this kid doing?’ Thought Jinyoung as he opened Jungwook’s room only to find Jungwook struggling to make his necktie while playing games on his phone.

“Jungwook! Stop playing games and go prepare yourself to go to school!” Threat Jinyoung while seeing Jungwook’s state at that time. He took Jungwook’s phone and gave him a glare. Jungwook only raised his arms in defense and prepare himself as quick as he can. After Jungwook was done preparing, he took his phone from Jinyoung and ran to the living room to get his shoes and sloppily putting it on.

"Jungwook? Jungwook! Hey stupid you're late! Come on! Me and Namsung are here already!" The sound of Doyah's shouting caught Jungwook's attention and made Jungwook fall. Jungwook stand up while rolling his eyes and went to the front door to see Doyah annoyingly munching a bubble gum and Namsung stalking people at his phone, as usual.

"Hyung, I'm going!" Jungwook told Jinyoung as he shut his door before getting any kind of responses from the latter.

"So am I late?" Asked Jungwook as he smiled mischievously at them both, knowing the perfect answer from them.

“No, no. You’re not late. You’re real early this time.” Doyah answered back with sarcasm while again not getting any responses from Namsung.

“Just come on, I can’t wait to go the festival today.” Doyah said while skipping happily ahead of Jungwook and Namsung. Jungwook chuckles at Doyah’s happy behavior today. “Hm, I didn’t really pay attention when Mr. Kim explained about the festival yesterday. Hey Namsung, can you search about it?” Jungwook asked out of curiousty.

“Oh, sure.” Namsung said as he took out his tab from his bag, put his phone in it and started searching about the festival on the internet. He usually searches things about their school in their school’s website which have a lot of information of their school. Not like other schools, Seoul Arts High’s website is full of everything you can find. Their activities, academic and even detail’s about their students. Ranging from academic to even birthdates.

“Found it.” Namsung said after a full 5 minutes passed. “Apparently, the festival is called the ‘Opening of School Festival’ which is always held at the beginning of the year, every year in our school. The festival consists of a concert, food stalls, art galleries, school events, merchandise stalls and more. Every top class must have at least one student to join the festival to help the teachers set the festival, make their own stalls, galleries, join events and lots more. For the concert and school events, anyone from any class can join. I think that’s it that I can find.” Namsung said after saying the results of his research.

“So that’s how the festival is, huh? Are you joining Doyah? There’s a concert going on and I think you should join to show your talent.” Jungwook said to Doyah as the said person is thinking very hard at the decision. “Yeah, I think you’re suitable to join it Dito.” Namsung said, joining the conversation.

“If I join, what will you give me?” Doyah asked while mischievously grinning at the two. The said two were dumbfounded by Doyah for a little bit then laughed together, feeling Doyah’s question was silly. But then.

“Okay. What do you want?” Asked Jungwook, making Namsung giving him a shock expression. “Wait. Only Jungwook will give you you’re gifts. I won’t okay?” Said Namsung while laughing and raising his arms in defense. The trio laughed all together with Namsung’s act.

“But seriously though Jungwook… you’re willing to give me anything? If so…” Doyah said, grinning to Jungwook while nudging the said person. Looking at Doyah’s expression, Jungwook laughed out loud until Namsung playfully patting Jungwook’s back thinking that Jungwook’s laughing too hard.

“Okay, okay. I know what you want. I’ll give you it later if you promise me you’ll do the greatest performance out of all the performance at the concert, okay?” Jungwook said while grinning to Doyah.

“Now that’s a bet.” Namsung joined. “What?! I won’t be as great as them! You do know there’s seniors who are far greater than me!” Doyah pouted. “Believe in yourself. If you get a standing ovation I’ll give you your ‘desired gift’.” Jungwook decreased the promised a little bit because it may be too hard for Doyah to get that.

“Okay! I’ll do it!” Doyah said while happily jumping around like a little kid. “Only if you promise me to give my gift!” Doyah gaved Jungwook to what seems like a cute glare. Jungwook laughed at Doyah’s actions and said okay.

“Guys, we’re here.” Namsung said as they arrived at the school’s front gate. There were decorations everywhere. The gates were decorated with a big banner saying ‘Opening of School Festival is here!’, the trees were also nicely decorated and every student can be seen enjoying the said festival. Some students selling merchandises, some food, some doing a tour for outside visitors and a lot more.

“Wow, I never thought the festival would look this great!” Beamed Doyah while gaping looking at all the decorations and stalls.

“Yeah. I don’t think we’re going to regret joining this school this year.” Namsung joined while grinning, looking at his surroundings.

“Oh yeah, Namsung. When’s the concert?” Doyah said as he thought of the concert.

“Ah, I think it’s this Sunday night at our great hall. And you should register today, since the festival just started and there’s a limit to the performance going on so you should go.” Namsung replied.

“Really? Where should I register? Where? Where??” Panicked Doyah thinking he might not be able to join the concert just because he registered late.

“I think you should go ask Teacher Rowena. She always organizes events that has a relation to music. She is the head of the music department in this school after all. She’s your favorite teacher too, right? It’s more convenient if you ask her, I think.” Answered Jungwook without any care on his tone as he’s bored at the moment.

“Maybe you’re right, Jungwook! I should go ask Teacher Rowena! Thank you!” Beamed Doyah while hugging Jungwook until the latter couldn’t breather. “Come on Namsung, help!” Namsung went in helping Jungwook by trying to pull Doyah from him. After successfully pulling Doyah, “Dito, don’t be like that. You do know Jungwook doesn’t like hugs, right?” Namsung continued while chuckling. “Oh, right! Sorry, Jungwook! I should get going… See you later in class?” Doyah replied.

“I think I’m going to stroll around this festival for a bit. How about you, Namsung?” Jungwook continued as he looked around his surroundings a bit more.

“I don’t think I’m staying a little longer. I’m going to the computer lab to search about some people.” Replied Namsung as he gets his phone from his bag.

“Ah, okay then. But after you guys finished doing your stuff, meet me at class after recess okay? Bye!” Said Doyah in a hurry, trying to search Teacher Rowena as fast as he can. Jungwook smiles at his friend’s acts as Doyah is getting farther and farther. “Jungwook, I’m going. If you need me just call okay? See you.” Said Namsung, looking at his phone while speaking to Jungwook and starting his walk to the computer lab since he knows Jungwook might be daydreaming at that time.

“Ah, all alone again.” Said Jungwook as Namsung and Doyah is nowhere at his sight anymore.

He started strolling around his school, looking everywhere to find something interesting.

:: A n H o u r L a t e r ::

While Jungwook was daydreaming in his journey to find at least something interesting in the festival, he smelled the great aroma of bread and caffeine nearby. Jungwook likes coffee and bread a lot so he’s very interested to find what stall is selling his two favorite foods. Jungwook looks at his surroundings, still didn’t found the stall or place that is selling the food.

‘Ugh… Where is it?’ Thought Jungwook as he searched for the stalls, looking hurried as Jungwook became more hungry as he smelled the aroma more and more.

After searching for a full 10 minutes, finally he found the stall that he was looking for.

“Finally.” Jungwook breathed in while smiling.

The stall consists of 4 students, 2 female and 2 male. They were dressed like maids and butlers, showing they give clean and good services. Jungwook did not know any of them but is willing to buy their food. The stall is also decorated with a café theme, which attracted a lot of tourists to their stall. They also had some places to sit for the customers. Those bread and buns that they showcased seem very delicious as Jungwook had never saw any of them before. Looks like the breads are made by homemade recipes.

Jungwook was awed by the stall as it seemed different than the other stalls he saw before. He walked to the stall and carefully choosing the bread and coffee he was going to buy. After a mere 5 minutes of just choosing a bread and a coffee, he finally ordered.

“Can I get a Caffe Latte and one Yam Bread please?” Jungwook ordered as he flashed his nice and friendliest smile to the male student seller. The seller gave him a small smile while making Jungwook’s coffee and getting his bread ready. After 2 minutes of waiting, Jungwook’s order is finally finished. Jungwook took his wallet out, gave the seller the money then took his coffee and bread.

But, the time that the seller was giving him his coffee and bread, the seller asked.

“You’re Mr. Shin Dongwoo’s son right?” This question left Jungwook shocked and blushing. The other student was smiling at him while asking the question. When ordering a few minutes ago, he didn’t actually pay attention to the latter’s face. Only one question is in Jungwook’s head: How did he know?

“Y-yeah…” Jungwook replied awkwardly while wearing a tomato face.

“He’s my favorite teacher.” The student smiles again. Jungwook could feel his heart racing more and more.

“Can you please give my regards to him? I haven’t met him for so long.” The student again smiles at him, only this time showing his pure white teeth.

“O-of course. I’ll send it to h-him.” Jungwook replied, clearly stuttering in his words. After the conversation, Jungwook took his food quickly and awkwardly walking to one of the seats far from the stall, getting out of the other student’s sight.

‘Why is my heart racing? This is seriously not me.’ Thought Jungwook as he sat down at the seat while putting his food aside then measuring his pulse on his hand. ‘My heart is really racing! What is this?’ Again Jungwook thought as he put his hands to his face unconsciously and noticing immediately that his face is hot.

‘My face is red too, isn’t it… This is not me!’ Jungwook panicked. But then calmed down as he took a sip of the coffee he bought. Eating the Yam Bread he also bought, Jungwook calmed down a bit. ‘I’ve never saw him around before… Is it because I just got into this school?’ Jungwook thought while munching the Yam Bread quietly.

‘Whenever I meet him again… I should just call him Mr. Handsome.’ Blushed Jungwook at the thought. But he did agree for real he is going to call the other student ‘Mr. Handsome’. Since Jungwook doesn’t really know the others’ name. Thinking of the said student, Jungwook is confused. How did he know Jungwook? Have they ever met before? Or they haven’t? There were too many questions inside of Jungwook’s head.

‘I should just enjoy this delicious coffee and bread rather than thinking about that damn prince.’ Again, Jungwook blushed at his thought as he continued on eating his food.

:: A f t e r R e c e s s : :

Jungwook can be seen sitting on his desk, far end of the class, turning a pencil over and over again while wearing a bored look on his face.

'Where are those two? Doyah said he wanted to meet at class after recess but it's far way over recess now.' Jungwook thought while repetitively looking at his watch.

It's exactly 30 minutes after recess now. Jungwook even purposely came late to surprise Doyah and Namsung but in the end, he was the earliest.

After looking at his watch, he again took his pencil and turning it over and over again countless of times. Just then, a classmate of his entered the classroom while shouting. "Hey guys, teacher's not going to class! We can do our own work!" Then the whole class seemed as if they were partying. They were being too noisy. Jungwook could only watch them being happy while he, himself is being all lonely at the back of his class.

Jungwook heaved a heavy sigh and slumped down onto his desk, facing his right at the hall outside of his class. Since his seat was in the center of the class, he could practically see every side of the class very clearly. After a mere 5 minutes of staring into people's souls with his soulless and bored eyes, finally he saw something interesting. 'It's Mr.Handsome!' Thought Jungwook immediately as he saw the student he met at the stall a few hours ago. But apparently, Jungwook's body didn't seem to budge. It might be he was too lazy to even flinch.

As usual, he stared into that student eyes, the other not noticing Jungwook staring into him while passing Jungwook's class. Then suddenly, he looked at Jungwook's direction and smiled sweetly at him. Jungwook knew he blushed when he saw that. He blushed. A lot. After this scene that Jungwook's body finally gave a living response. Jungwook immediately widen his eyes and looked at the other side, evading the other's contact.

'Oh. My. God.' Jungwook thought as he feel his heartbeat getting faster as he remembers vividly Mr.Handsome's face. 'Why am I like this again? Why? What is my body trying to tell me?' Again thought Jungwook as he frowns and dipping his head into his arms a little bit deeper. 'I shouldn't be like this. This isn't happening.'

"Oh, hey Jungwook!"

Jungwook's head sprung up as he heard his name being called by a particular voice.

"It's weird seeing you being early and all." Said Doyah playfully while sticking his tongue out.

"Ah... it's just you." Said Jungwook as he dug his face into his arms again. "You seem distressed? What's wrong?" Asked Doyah as he took a nearby chair and sat in front of the distressed looking Jungwook.

"N-Nothing.. I just met someone new today, that's all." Replied Jungwook with a muffled voice -being that his head was still dug in his arms- and he knew his face was getting red remembering Mr.Handsome's face. "Ah, so that's it?" Doyah laughed off his problems, knowing that asking Jungwook further more he wouldn't get any real answers. With a heavy sigh, Jungwook lifted his head and stretched his arms to the air and sat comfortably at his desk with Doyah in front of him, grinning.

"What are you so happy about?" Asked Jungwook to Doyah while faking an annoyed face, which then the both laughed off with.

"It's just that I'm joining the concert with my favorite coach coming to see me! I only told him about this and he told me he'll see me later at the concert! Isn't that great?" Said Doyah while grinning, showing his gums and white teeth.

"Your craze for your coach is still unbelievable." Said Jungwook as he smirked. "I still can't believe you got in touch with your favorite coach even after a few months after the music recital took place." Continued Jungwook as he put his chin on his hand, looking into Doyah while smirking.

"You like him don't you?" Jungwook playfully teased Doyah as he jokingly smashed -but not so hard- his hands on the desk to show he was threatening the other. "No! Of course I don't! And stop teasing! Just because only you know who he actually is doesn't mean you could tease me about him." Pouted Doyah as he talked back with trying to make a cute voice. Jungwook laughed off in response, shrugging off the matter. Jungwook was bored that time, he doesn't actually tease Doyah about it all the time but when he's bored, he just does it.

"Oh yeah, why did you want to meet at the class after recess?" Started Jungwook as he sat back down in his seat.

"We'll wait for Namsung. I'm only going to tell you if all of us are here." Replied Doyah while sticking his tongue out. Jungwook replied with jokingly scoffing at Doyah.

“Speak of the devil~?” Namsung said as he grinned at them while taking the nearest chair and also sitting at Jungwook’s desk.

“Wow, just in time. Now, Doyah… tell us.” Jungwook said as he smirked at Doyah. In response, Doyah only rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“So… apparently there is a popular boy around this school. Despite having that many talented people here, there’s one that’s a lot more popular than others.” Doyah continued. Jungwook tilted his head in confusion and Namsung looked at Doyah, looking ever so confused. How can someone be popular at this kind of school? This school is full of talents, handsome and beautiful girls. Every form of talent can be found here, so how does one can be popular?

“His name is Lee Noam. He’s great at acting and playing chess. I’ve heard his personality is great too. He even has a fanbase!” Jungwook and Namsung were shocked hearing someone can have a fanbase around here.

“Having a fanbase is really popular. No one can’t deny you’re not popular if you already have a fanbase.” Jungwook continued on, thinking. Namsung then took his tab quickly and went searching the said name – Lee Noam – on their school website.

Doyah and Jungwook then joined Namsung, thinking the said person was very interesting.

“Okay, found it.” Said Namsung as he found a webpage of the said student.

“So apparently he’s one year older than us. Joined the drama team last year and went to state level. Whole family is a bunch of chess-nuts.” Jungwook and Doyah stopped looking at the tablet and then turned their gaze to Namsung. “Seriously?” Both of them asked in unison. Namsung only laughed in awkwardness, knowing his joke didn’t really went well.

Namsung coughed, then continued on. “Has a nice personality. School’s heartthrob. Has a fanbase- wow they even put it up here, didn’t they? In class 2 – 1 … Wait isn’t that the class next us?” Doyah and Jungwook widen their eyes as they knew the school’s most top kid’s class is just beside theirs.

“Ah but we still don’t know him. Are there are pictures?” Doyah continued since the webpage doesn’t seem like showing any pictures of the said student. “I don’t think there’s any pictures of him here…” Replied Namsung. “Wait, I’ll try asking.” Continued Namsung as he typed something on the comments section.

RyuNS: Hello everyone ! ^^ Can I ask ? Why is there no pictures of this student here ? Thx ! ^^

Miss_JiJi: Um.. Didn’t you know? Our boy doesn’t want his pictures on the internet except for educational purposes onlyy. Take note of that pls the boy who knows nothing.

RyuNS: …

RyuNS: Thank you though …

“Well that girl was harsh.” Jungwook said in annoyance. “I mean, you asked in a good manner and she answered you back with sarcasm! What is that? Is that even respect?” Jungwook continued on flaring around. He doesn’t really like it when his best friends are mocked, being played with or anything bad.

“Um.. Dito..” Said Namsung quietly since he can’t really quiet Jungwook down when he’s mad, angry or annoyed. Only Doyah can do this so he always asks Doyah help to calm Jungwook down.

“Jungwook… come on! Don’t think of it so much! She’ll get it one day, okay? And look at Namsung, he’s perfectly fine! It’s not that he got beaten up or something~ Right, Sungie?” Grinned Doyah as he tried to calm Jungwook down with a cute voice. Namsung stood up and shook his head aggressively showing that he’s perfectly fine like what Doyah has said.

“Ugh… She’ll get it one day.” Said Jungwook as he slumped down into his seat with a pouting, annoyed face. “Aww, that’s our cute little Wookie~” Doyah said as he pinched Jungwook’s cheeks like his some sort of kid. Jungwook threw him a playful glare and the trio laughed of Jungwook’s acts.

“So, about that popular kid… We don’t know him yet right? And it’s just the start of the school so we don’t really know if anyone around here actually knows him.” Doyah started the conversation with crossed arms.

“True… We’ve been friends since elementary school so we only know each other. Everyone else seems like strangers in this class.” Namsung joined.

“But yeah, it’s just the start of the school. We’re going to get close with them anyway.” Jungwook continued.

 

 

Artists Cameos : B1A4 Jinyoung & CNU

Chapter Status : Incomplete

Author's Note:

Starting of a story I see? You might see this irrelevant to the main story but just wait. c:

Do ask me on my personal accounts if you have any questions ~ ! And have a good day <3

Facebook || Twitter