The Cure

The Cure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Where is that study lounge?’ You muttered, surveying the area before stepping onto an escalator that was leading you to the top floor. You were pretty sure this was the place but the atmosphere of the building gave you a fun-filled vibe.

The basement had air-conditioned flea market which sold anything from power banks to clothes. It basically sold things that were trendy. The ground level had a skate park outdoors filled with hipsters doing tricks on their boards while the indoor were eateries with Korean and Western cuisine. The 2nd level was more for entertainment such as the skating shop, which sold many boards and rollerblades. A penny that had colourful designs caught your eye when you passed by the shop just a while ago but the price of it shocked you too much. You passed by a billiard shop, as well as a music school and a karaoke place before stepping onto the escalator up.

The finals were coming up and you needed an appropriate environment to study since your house was really noisy with your two brothers constantly bickering. Besides, you could concentrate better outside. You researched online and an article stated this building had a new study area for youths.

*I hope this is the place.* You glanced at random groups and individuals dancing at the top level’s empty spaces. Glass walls were everywhere so that dancers could look at their reflection just like a normal dance studio. The environment didn’t seem too ‘study like’ in your opinion.

You walked around the level, clutching your bag and books. You eventually found a huge hall with tables. You peered inside before pushing the glass door that said ‘Hub-quarters.’

You embraced the cool air of the hall as you tiptoed to an empty round table, careful to not make any sound. The place had round white tables with five orange chairs around each of them. Youths and even a few adults were using their laptops and reading their materials. The place was surprisingly quiet with only occasional discussions between a few people.

You smiled. This crib was perfect for you to study.

---

‘Finally.’ You stretched your arms out after solving your last question. You checked your watch, it was 8pm. Most of the people left and you guessed it was because they had to eat dinner. You looked out of the glass walls of the room to see that there were people still dancing outside. Your eyes landed on a dude doing body waves. *Wow, if only I can dance like that.* You awed, feeling a pinch of jealousy. You could sing, you could play instruments, you were good in your studies but you just couldn’t dance. You basically looked like a wooden plank when you danced.

You snapped out of your thoughts before packing up your stuff and headed home.

---

Hoya glided along with the track in his black tank top and sweatpants. He did a combo of body waves and popping that made female dancers around his area swoon over him. Despite envious and wide-eyed stares from passing people, he kept his whole body and soul into his dance and song, totally oblivious to his environment. This was what dance does to him. It brings him into the zone and he will stay in the zone till the song was over. Hoya ended off with a freeze before he looked at his reflection and smiled. *Another choreography done.*

He stepped forward to get his towel to wipe his sweaty forehead when he spotted someone at the corner of the reflection stoning at him. He turned around but saw that the girl had already stood up from her chair. He shrugged. *Probably one of those female students who didn’t get into my dance class.* He thought, remembering your stare towards his direction in the reflection.

---

Since there was a week left to finals, you went to the hub-quarters everyday to make sure that you didn’t waste any time. You really wanted to do well in your finals and graduate with a decent diploma.

You looked at your Physics revision paper. You were left with this subject to revise since it was your weakest and you were dedicating two whole days to get this subject right. It was already 9:15pm and you were still at the hub-quarters. There were only a handful of people left but they seemed to be leaving soon.

‘Hence, find the magnitude and direction of the force.’ You read quietly, spinning a pen in between your index and middle finger.

*What is the magnitude and direction? What is the magnitude and direction? What is the magnitude and direction?* You repeated it in your head, each time feeling more and more frustrated. You let out a loud groan and smacked your forehead towards your Physics book. You didn’t care if the rest of the people gave you looks. There were just two days left before the paper and at the rate things are going, you were definitely not get a decent score for this burdensome subject.

You jumped slightly at someone tapping your arm. You looked up to see a note in front of you. You sat up to see a guy sitting at the same table, across of you. He waved your pencil at you, as if greeting you. He was holding his water bottle, ready to take a sip. You were so caught up in your question and frustrations that you didn’t even realised someone was sitting across of you and even using your pencil. Well, so much for not taking other people’s possessions before asking.

‘Why so serious?’ You read the note and glanced at the stranger. You picked up your pen and scribbled.

‘Finals coming up and I’m in hot soup.’ You slide the note across, studying his face. *Hmmm, he seems really familiar.* You raised your eyebrows as he read your message. He looked up and you met eyes with him.

‘I know just the cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter