Chapter 01: The First Call

Somebody To You

TAP, TAP, TAP.

I was standing in the balcony of our practicing studio when I heard someone was walking pass me from behind. When I took a look, it was Jonghyun hyung and, weirdly, after a few steps away from me, he backward-stepped to me and looked through my shoulder.

“What’s that? He asked with a suspicious look.

“A piece of paper.” I answered shortly.

“Damn, I’m not that stupid, kay? Why on earth would you hold a piece of paper and then stand here, enjoying the view like one of those scene on drama?”

“Why on earth, you want to know so much, ey, hyung?”

He stopped asking but also didn’t move at all.

“It’s a phone number.” I showed him the paper.

“And why would yo-“

“Oh, for God’s sake. Please just stop asking, I got enough things on my mind, right now.” I gave him a pleading look.

“Ooooh! I know! Who is it this time Amber? Ailee, Ellin, the girl from the bar yesterday, or which one?? You being naughty again, aren’t ya?” He poked my nose and gave me a misciveous look.

“Wow, wow, stop it. I’m not that naughty okay. Never meant for things to turn out like this and that.”

“It’s the girl from the festival, if you remember.” I didn’t even have any idea why I told him. History told me nothing really wise ever came from this lovely hyung of mine.

“Oh, my God! That cute yet icy girl from back then? I thought that was only your one-night-stand. Why did you have her phone number?”

“Okay, first of all...” I never expected him to this dramatically shocked.

“I never do one-night-stand, and secondly....” I hesitated for a bit how to explain it.

“She gave me her number so I have it now. Not that I stalk her or whatsoever.”

“Please add the third one explaining why did you hold it like, you know, it’s some kind of big deal.”

“Well, because it’s kinda a big deal.”

“Oh my, you do fall for her, don’t you?”

“She asked me to find her. That’s all, for now.”

“The call her! Did yu just wish the nice wind we have this afternoon would give your message to her? Nah, bro!” He patted my back and to my surprise, finally left me alone.

Even Jonghyun hyung told me to call her. It’s been almost a month and I didn’t even know what was holding me back from reaching her. Maybe I just didn’t know what to say whe she’s picking up my call. Or maybe I didn’t really sure about what ‘this’ is gonna be. The only thing I knew for sure was that the girl has left a big mark on my heart.

“The writing was kinda messed up for a girl.” I startled a bit when a hand reached out for my shoulder.

“The girl is cute but the writing is ew~” I looked Key hyung was analisize the paper. How can I be so naive, of course Jonghyun hyung left just to tell Key hyung about the whole thing! I gotta face another weird hyung now.

“It was my writing actually?”

“What? But Jonghyunie just told me that this was-“

“Yess, that’s all true. But Krystal wrote on the inner side of my varsity and when I was gonna wash it, I wrote it down on a paper.” I can’t believe I explained the whole thing to this two.

‘That was the sweetest thing ever happened... to you, actually. So why until this time you haven’t call her yet?”

“What should I say then, hyung? If she really picking up the call. What if he didn’t even remember me? What if-“

“Ssssshhh, come here, come here, you poor little thing.” He started to pat my shoulder and brought me to sit when he saw me started hyperventilating.

“First, Amber, I never saw you act this why when it comes to girls. And that only means, you want her. I don’t know what kind of ‘want’. It’s just you need her now to find out about all the questions been on your head God knows how long.”

Then there’s a silence between us.

“And what was the second thing?”

“Er, nothing, I could only think of one reason actually.”

“So, I should call her? Now?”

“Yes, now.”

So I took my phone from my jeans pocket and started typing the number. After a split second of hesitation, I pressed the green call button.

“Hello, good afternoon. Who is this?” After three rings, finally I heard again, the sweet voice I’ve been longing this past month.

I used to wanna be

Living like there's only me

But now I spend my time

Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind

I used to be so tough

Never really gave enough

And then you caught my eye

Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike