Nineteen

Speak To Me

Taekwoon leaves earlier than either of them expected. It is because his parents return a day or so before they originally planned.

Both Hakyeon and Taekwoon take their time saying goodbye to each other. It takes the entire day before they are even willing to leave each-others sides. Hakyeon even helps them pack the car after being introduced to Taekwoon’s parents. He was surprised that Taekwoon had introduced him as his boyfriend with shy confidence.

Neither Taekwoon’s mother nor father seemed surprised or bothered by the fact that Hakyeon was dating their son, they weren’t even shocked. In fact, Taekwoon’s mother had hugged Hakyeon and thanked him for looking after her son so well while they were away.

Once the car was packed and Taekwoon’s parents had said their final goodbyes, Taekwoon had to let Hakyeon go.

They both promised to text and call each other every day, and Hakyeon said he would study hard so he could get into a good university in Seoul. They kissed one last time, and held hands until they couldn’t any more. And as the car drove off Taekwoon looked out the back window with tears running down his face, watching as Hakyeon slowly grew smaller and smaller until he was nothing more than a dot in the distance.

Hakyeon cried the hardest, as he walked back to his house. He cried even harder as he fell onto his bed. All because he knew that Taekwoon wouldn’t text. That Taekwoon wouldn’t call. Not for a while. Because that’s how Taekwoon coped with loss. That’s how Taekwoon could stay strong. It was also how Hakyeon knew that no matter what happened, he would have a space in Taekwoon’s heart forever.

 

Three Months Later

Taekwoon finished writing and placed the piece away with all the rest in a box next to his desk. One day they would be read.

He stretches his arms above his head and yawns as his back cracks. It’s late on a Saturday night, all of his friends have gone out somewhere together, they invited Taekwoon too, but he declined because it’s not his thing. His parents are also out, having decided to over a month ago to make Saturday date night, thus leaving Taekwoon to his own devices for anywhere between two to five hours.

It’s become a habit to write every night before he goes to bed. He writes about his day, about his thoughts. He always jots down any queries he has as well, all before placing the date in the top corner and filing the pages away in a shoe box on the floor next to his desk.

It is how he copes.

In the past months he has been moved to the advanced classes at school. There is a seat next to his that is empty and every time he looks up he expects to see Hakyeon their smiling at him brightly. Every time he forgets his place he turns to that seat as if Hakyeon will just be there pointing to the number at the top of his page knowingly. And so, every day he is reminded of how much his heart aches to see the other.

Even though the made promises to text and call, neither of them have.

Days before leaving Taekwoon had told Hakyeon that time would move slower at first but eventually, before they knew it, they would be able to see each other again, and that if they texted it would just make them unfocused. That it would distract them and they would struggle in daily life before eventually running away from their goals in order to see each other. So he made Hakyeon promise to not text him, to not call him. Just to make it easier.

But after the first day Taekwoon wanted to break that promise. He wanted to make his parents take him back to Hakyeon, to that town that he thought would be living hell.

It was after watching one of his sister’s dramas that he thought of writing. Letters that he would eventually give to Hakyeon, but would never send.

It helped. A bit.

There are still times that Taekwoon wanted nothing more than for Hakyeon to simply be in the room with him. Times that Taekwoon wished he could talk to the elder but he knew that he had done this to himself. That it was his idea to make time pass faster. That this was how he coped. Or at least. Use to cope.

Yawning once more, Taekwoon stands and makes his way to the bathroom, he needs to clean his teeth. On the way there he looks at the clock, his sister is meant to come check on him at nine-thirty, because his parents are still paranoid about leaving him alone. He still has a little while to get ready for bed before she gets here but still, he just wants to sleep.

He hums to himself as he brushes his teeth, it’s one of the songs that Hakyeon always made him play on the piano. It has been burnt into his memory since he left, he doesn’t even need the sheet music any more, his fingers know everything without him even trying. His piano teacher was impressed by the number of songs he memorised while living with his grandmother, he hasn’t told her it is because Hakyeon always stole the sheet music or forced him to play without it whenever they were near a piano.

In the end, everything comes back to Hakyeon. He can’t help it. It’s just how he ended up.

He checks the time one last time – half an hour. He decides that he can lay in bed ‘til she gets here, and then he can sleep.

 

Taekwoon is awoken by two things at once. The first is his alarm ringing by his ear, the second is a rather loud banging at the front door. Unlocking his phone he disables the alarm and curses himself for even setting one on a Sunday and gets up, stumbling, and makes his way to the door, scrolling through his phone as he does so.

There is a message from his mother telling him that she and his father won’t be back until Sunday afternoon, something about extended plans. There is also one from his sister telling him to stay home all day or to text her if he leaves because she doesn’t want to get into trouble. He scoffs at that. He didn’t have any plans anyway.

Finally at the door, he wipes the sleep from his eyes, and mumbles a ‘yeah, I know’, to himself as the banging increases. Sighing he unlocks and opens the door.

“Finally! I thought you would sleep all day at this rate!”

Taekwoon’s eyes widen and his heart drops. Breathing becomes unnecessary, as does blinking, because it has been too long since he has seen this face, been in this persons presence.

Warm arms wrap around him, but he can’t move.

“Taekwoonie.” Hakyeon whispers. His voice is strained, just like Taekwoon’s would be if he were to talk right now, but the tears that are streaming down his face say it all for him, and Hakyeon knows that.

“I missed you too.” He mutters, holding him closer. 

 

A/N:: I apologise for taking two months to write this, at first it was because I spent a month watching anime and dramas but then I attempted to write this and I couldn't cause I knew what was coming and I had a bad case of writers block. But that seems to be fixed for now because my friend and I are writing this really weird crack fic that will NEVER be put up any where (I hope).

Anyway, there is still one more chapter to come that will be rated mature. Hopefully that will be up in a few days (or hours). So if you want to stick around for that it would be great~! If not, thats fine, the story is TECHNICALLY FINISHED anyway.

Thank you so much for your support and love and you guys are just amazing and perfect people, I love you all so much for just being so amazing and paitent and just being you~!!

 

BONUS::

My friend wrote a chapter summary for me when I was struggling:

N and leo r sad bcuz they got a VERY bad case of the gayz and he have to uni frown emoticon and he hav 10 entire slabs on meat in his van and they ytake lotsa room and stink.