03.

Masked.
Please log in to read the full chapter

I push open the doors to the café and the familiar sound of the door creaking greets me. At the counter, Jooyeon looks up and breaks into a smile once she realizes I am here for my shift and to save her .

“You are finally here!” She exclaims and follows me into the back room. “You’re early today.” She leans against the frame of the entrance as I change my slippers to my work shoes.

“Aren’t I always early?” I look at her with a raised brow as I fit my heels into my shoes. “How was business this morning?” I turn around to look for a rubberband in my bag.

“It’s Friday,” she shrugs. “Lunch was okay; nothing I couldn’t handle,” She grins.

“With the help of the kitchen occasionally, you mean.” I correct her with a smirk and give her a quick hug before stepping out. “Do you need a break? Since I’m here already.” I offer. It is only 4pm, and my shift doesn’t start till 5pm, but I am getting paid by the hour, and Jooyeon, being the full-timer here, probably needs a break more than me having stood here since 7am.

“Well, since you offered…” She trails off slowly and takes a step back. “I shall not decline then.” I chuckle and wave her away and she laughs along. “I’ll be inside if you need me, but please don’t need me.” She wags her finger jokingly and turns towards the back room to have a little rest.

I take a glance around the whole café. Everyone has a drink on their table and they all seem to be immersed in their laptops. Seems like a typical Friday to me.

I heave a small sigh and head towards the espresso machine. I start to do my usual coffee – espresso on ice – and just the sounds of the grinder and the machine working puts me at ease. Just as I have my first sip, the door opens and a regular customer comes in.

A smile comes on my face naturally (not just because he is cute) and I head over to the counter to take his order.

“Hey, your usual?” He nods and hands me the exact amount, and heads over to his usual spot in the corner. I start the machine again, and after steaming milk, I try to perfect my tulip.

“Your art got better,” he comments as I place the cup down on this table.

“Thanks,” I grin. “At least I’m not serving you weird-shaped hearts anymore.” I shrug and he laughs lightly at my comment.

“I don’t think I’ve gotten your name after so long though, sorry.” He leans back in his chair and smiles sheepishly.

“Suyeong. Kim Suyeong.” I place a hand out. “I don’t think I got your name either,” I lie, because I know perfectly what his name was and what was his job. And FYI, I am not a stalker; I just happen to have really good sources. Aka Jooyeon, who is probably sleeping in the back room by now.

“I’m Luhan,” He places his hand in mine and gives it a good firm

Please log in to read the full chapter