01.

Masked.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Suyeong bid farewell to her friends with a smile as she got into the cab. “Mapo-gu,” she told the driver her address and sighed as she leaned back, sinking into the seat. She rummaged for her wallet in her bag and opened it, only seeing a 20,000won note left inside. She just hoped this would be enough for her cab fare.

Suyeong looked out the window and stared at the passing rows of trees. Her smile faded by now, and she felt tired, both physically and mentally. Besides entertaining friends, she had two part-time jobs, on top of her studies. Sometimes, she wished she had a more -it attitude, and maybe just die on the streets or something. But she thought of the remaining months left in school and she sighed. The least she could have is a diploma to her name, and she wouldn’t want to waste the past few years of slogging for nothing.

People often asked her “What do you want to do after graduation?” and her reply would always be a shrug, because she really did not know what to do. Accountings? Too boring; she wasn’t good at numbers to begin with anyway. Business? For what? You don’t need to know business to do business anyway. Arts? Well, she could try, but her confidence level for her singing is only that high and she had two left feet.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes; her entrance exams results are coming out soon, and she still did not know where or what to apply for. Just then, the cab stopped, and the driver broke her out of her thoughts. “Miss? We’re here.” She blinked, and looked at the meter: 19,400won. Just nice, she thought and took out the 20,000won in her wallet.

“Keep the change,” she smiled and stepped out. It was already past midnight, and her phone rang just in time. She sighed as she picked up the call without seeing the caller ID. “Yes I’m just outside, bye.” With that, she ended the call and entered her house.

“Why don’t you pick up calls? What’s the use of a phone when you don’t use it?” Suyeong rolled her eyes. The same sentence, every single day.

“Why are you so late today?” She did not even want to waste her breath explaining anymore, since it seemed that nobody listened to her anyway. “The

Please log in to read the full chapter