chapter 04

Red Lines

I'm meeting him again, diary. 

I'm really scared. And nervous to be honest. 

I wonder if Hoya would come with again, but then again, he might be busy with his own project. 

A sigh escapes HaNa's lips as she closed her diary and placed it onto a shelf filled with similar looking diaries. A collection of her every memory since she was 13, a total of 4 years worth of information. It was Sunday, a day where she was suppose to get rest and prepare for school the next day. Yet, she was going to spend it with MyungSoo, whom she preferred to called ' Myung ', to do their project. A week has past since their last meeting, and through the week she learnt something about MyungSoo and friends. They were popular. Wait, no, scratch that. They were insanely popular among girls and boys. It almost seemed like they were all girls' dream boyfriend and to the boys, MyungSoo and friends were goals. 

HaNa had enough of those kinds of boys. That's why she was dreading her meeting with MyungSoo. 

With only 10 minutes to spare, HaNa grabbed her converse, slipped into it and shut the doors behind her. HaNa immediately plugged her earpiece into her ears, drowning the world with music. Upon seeing the meeting place, StarBucks, HaNa self-consciously smoothed out her hair before entering the cafe. While most people would flash a smile and wave at you to approach them, MyungSoo was different. He flashed a glare at HaNa the moment their eyes met. 

" Well, hi there Mr Sunshine, " HaNa mumbled sarcastically as she pulled out a chair, sitting opposite of MyungSoo. 

Even though they were only meeting to do project work, HaNa couldn't help but feel that MyungSoo could have been more approachable. She couldn't understand why the girls at their school would kill to be with him. Maybe its the logic of having what you can't have.

" So ? Have you done your research ? " HaNa asked, raising an eyebrow almost expecting him to not produce anything.

MyungSoo placed his laptop on the table, with the screen facing HaNa, revealing that he had already moved on to doing the report. HaNa was caught off-guard but read his report. She was more than impressed with the words MyungSoo chose and the sentence structures, but she felt that it wasn't good enough. HaNa felt that MyungSoo's report wouldn't render her an ' A '. 

" Erm, I think you could use some help here, " HaNa said pointed out to the screen.

MyungSoo blinked, feeling a little lost, before pulling his chair beside HaNa, " Where ? "

HaNa's face pinked upon seeing such an innocent expression on his face but reminded herself that the boy was Myung

" Here. I think that you should phrase it like this, " HaNa said while she deleted the sentence and replaced with her own.  

MyungSoo nodded before his lips parted and he raised a question. " Have you done your research ? " 

HaNa nodded and pulled out a thin stack of paper, " Even done with the report. " She beamed proudly. 

MyungSoo took the paper out of her hands and read through it, clearly impressed with each and every word typed onto the pages. " Could you, possibly be interested in journalism ? "

" Of course ! I was the head editor back at my previous school. "

MyungSoo nodded. He couldn't remember the name of the girl sitting next to him, so he assumed that she was just another journalist enthusiast. 

" I'm sure you've read my work before right?  Travelling With the Wind. " 

It then all came back to him. The person that pushed him over the edge. Lee HaNa, Child Prodigy. Lee HaNa, the girl who's writing was better than professionals. Lee HaNa was the inspiration for MyungSoo to join journalism.

" You're Lee HaNa ?! You should have said something about it! " MyungSoo exclaimed, attracting unwanted attention from the customers in the cafe. 

" I did. I told you my name yesterday. I just thought that you maybe didn't care about journaling so I didn't say much. " 

HaNa looked at MyungSoo, of course he wouldn't remember my name. 

" I didn't expect you to be... like this, " MyungSoo murmured softly. 

" I heard that, " HaNa flashed a playful glare at MyungSoo but then broke out into a soft smile.

MyungSoo returned a small smile as they both got back to doing their report. MyungSoo would occassionally slip in some sort of question to HaNa about his nerdy hobby, journaling, inbetween the project, letting HaNa meet another side of MyungSoo. 

She met the cold MyungSoo, the nerdy MyungSoo. What other sides of MyungSoo would she get to meet through the project ? 

---

A short update >< 

NEW STORY  : Haunted Wonderland 

Please go check it out. Its a horror themed story revolving around missing ( and possibly dead ) BaekHyun :)

- Hakiryu