Chapter 6

My Secret Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the start of another beautiful summer morning in Busan. The sky is slowly being painted in red and orange hues as the sun starts to rise. Jung Yonghwa finally decided to abandon the thoughts of sleep after tossing and turning for hours. His body has been so used to the irregular sleeping hours brought about by the hectic entertainment world.

 

 

He tossed the sheets and decided to take a morning walk. Less people around, less chance of him being recognized. He does not want a repeat of what happened on the afternoon he came back home.

 

 

Yonghwa leisurely jogged around the coast, enjoying the sea breeze and the stillness surrounding him. He misses moments like this. The silence, the calmness. He loves his job but sometimes it can all get too much. As they say, it is indeed good to be home.

 

 

‘Ppo Ppo, slow down boy’

 

 

He turned his head at the familiar voice and saw Joohyun chasing after a running ball of white fluff. She looked like she was having a hard time, he turned back and caught the runaway dog who was coming in his direction.

 

 

‘Hello little one, aren’t you a cutie’ he said cooing at the adorable dog.

 

 

Joohyun stopped in front of him, trying her best not to show just how unfit she was. She shouldn’t have let him loose from his leash. But then again, nobody was around and she didn’t think the tiny little thing would run so fast.

 

 

‘Thank you. I’m so sorry to bother you.’ She said with a bow.

 

 

‘Nah, it’s all good. I was actually starting to get bored. So, what brings you here so early in the morning?’

 

 

‘My body is still adjusting to the time difference so I thought might as well take a walk and watch the sun rise.’ Joohyun replied as she tried to attach the leash on the wriggling fluff in Yonghwa’s arms.

 

 

‘Why are you up so ear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter