002

Nothin' Like You

The bass boomed in the adjacent common room, and the walls to Claire's bedroom vibrated with each beat. She clasped on crystal earrings, tucked her feet into two-inch heeled golden pumps, and brushed a thin layer of mascara onto her long eyelashes. A leopard body-con dress flattered her fit, athletic body, and a golden heart necklace rested right above the neckline. Her long hair was curled into smooth waves, and her crimson red nail polish glistened under the lamplight.

 
Claire dabbed her lips with a small amount of pink lipstick, and took her coat off the hanger. "Melanie, you ready?" she yelled through the wall to the room next to hers.
 
"Yeah, hold on a sec! Getting my shoes on!" her best friend yelled back.
 
"I'll wait outside for you!"
 
"Kay!"
 
Soon, the two girls made their way through the hilly sidewalks to the college's nearby student center. The seniors were given a dance party to celebrate their last 100 nights at the college, and both Claire and Melanie couldn't be more excited. After all, nobody was missing this night.
 
As they arrived, Chanyeol spotted them. "Hey girls! Looking good today!"
 
"Thanks Chan," Melanie smiled. "You're looking dashing yourself!"
 
"Haha, thanks Mel. I just wish Anna was here too."
 
"Did you give her a call?" Claire asked.
 
"Yeah, I did, she was about to go to bed since Hungary's ahead of us," Chanyeol answered. "Still though, I miss her."
 
"I know you miss her, but I'm sure she'll be happy knowing you're having fun here," Claire comforted him.
 
"Of course! And besides, you two are two of my closest friends!" he exclaimed before clasping both his hands on their shoulders.
 
"Aww, you too Chan," Melanie laughed.
 
They soon entered the venue, and after putting away their jackets and IDs in a safe place, they made their way to the center of the dance floor. The air was humid from the sweat, but they jumped, danced, and sang their hearts away to the most popular songs of the year. 
 
At some point, Sehun and Kai arrived at the dance floor too. "Yo, I see Chan," a very drunk Sehun pointed out.
 
Kai, while steadying him, nodded. "Let's say hi?"
 
Sehun then screamed, "Chanyeol!!!!!"
 
Claire jumped in surprise before turning around and laughing. Sehun's eyes were glazed over, but a wide smile stretched to both corners of his cheeks. "Yo, Sehun, why are you so drunk?" Chanyeol laughed before enveloping Sehun into a bear hug.
 
"It's a Saturday night, gotta party and have chicken!"
 
In the meantime, Kai gave Melanie and Claire each a tight hug. "Hey, Claire," he murmured as he pulled her close.
 
"H-hey..." she gasped in surprise. She smelled the slight scent of alcohol of his breath, and felt his strong arms envelop her waist for a second before they pulled apart. "Did you just get here?"
 
"Yeah, but we're leaving soon."
 
"How come?" Melanie asked.
 
"Sehun wanted chicken from the late night food bar," he shrugged.
 
"That's it? Why not stay longer?" Claire asked while grinning in humor.
 
Kai laughed, "Do you see him? He needs someone around him unless he's going to fall over in the snow."
 
Claire smiled, "Aww, you're such a good friend. Have fun with the chicken!"
 
"Sure thing," he grinned.
 
After Sehun and Kai left to get food, when Chanyeol started greeting his other friends, Melanie whispered into Claire's ear, "Claire, was it me or did it seem like Kai was going to kiss us?"
 
Claire only shrugged, trying to not think too much of it, "I don't know, he seemed to have had a bit to drink. Maybe he's more touchy when drunk?"
 
"Could be," Melanie agreed.
 
"What's up?"
 
"Not much, it just caught me by surprise," Melanie admitted.
 
"You're not the only one then," Claire agreed with her.
 
A few hours later, once she arrived home with Melanie, Claire took off her high heels and logged onto her computer. A Facebook message popped up. "Who's messaging me at this time?" she wondered aloud before opening the tab. 
 
Kai: You look lovely tonight :)
 
She in a breath. She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What?" she muttered. For all she knew, Kai was one of the quietest guys she knew on campus, and it didn't seem like something he would do. Also, even though they've known each other since freshman year, they barely spoke to each other or met in person. This seemed so odd, Claire wondered. Nevertheless, she decided to be polite. After all, he hasn't done anything to hurt her feelings. 
 
Claire: aww thanks :) the party was really fun! i was kind of sad you didn't stay for longer, but i'll see you around! good night!
 
With these words, she closed her laptop, washed up, and snuggled into the comfort of her bed before forgetting her confusion and drifting away into dreamland.
 
 
 

Chapter 2 is up! So just to clarify, Anna's someone very dear to Chanyeol :) Ah young love. Feel free to comment, or suggest anything! See you guys soon!