Chapter One

Broken Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 15th, 2014

“What are you doing?” Sungjong questions, as soon as he enters the connected walk-in closet. He stops at the door way, and looks at Myungsoo, who is frantically pulling shirts off their hangers and stuffing them into his duffle bag.

He says nothing, but continues to pack the clothes. There was silence between the two as Sungjong decided not to push the question any further, keeping his eyes on the white shade lamp hanging from the white ceiling, its light making Sungjong see white spots as he glanced elsewhere.

Myungsoo helps himself up using his knee, and turns around to look Sungjong directly in the eyes. The younger male shifts from one foot to the other. Myungsoo’s eyes start to brim with tears at his waterline, and Sungjong bites his bottom lip worriedly. He walks over to Myungsoo in quick steps, carefully wrapping his arms around the older male’s torso. Myungsoo places both hands on the sides of Sungjong’s head, and gently presses his lips against the younger male’s forehead.

“What’s going on, Myungsoo?” Sungjong asks, craning his head so he meets the other’s warm eyes. Myungsoo sighs deeply, then caresses Sungjong’s cheeks with his thumbs. The younger male stares at Myungsoo for an answer.

“General Lim received a direct message from President Park, telling him that he should immediately assemble all units of the South Korean Infantry, before it’s . . . before it’s too late.” Myungsoo says, voice breaking near the end. He looks at the frown on Sungjong’s face, and leans down to kiss it away.

Sungjong pouts deeper as he looks at Myungsoo for a response, “I don’t get it?”

“North Korea is planning on dropping a nuclear bomb on us, meaning we’re going to war with them, Sungjong.” Myungsoo explains. Sungjong’s face contorts into a horrified expression, and he steps out of Myungsoo’s embrace.

“A-And you need to go now?” Sungjong asks with a frown, eyebrows knitted together worriedly. Myu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter