The Night Owl Café 17

The Night Owl Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~•The Night Owl Café•~

It had been two days. Dohyun finally felt good and healthy enough to move about and decided she would go to work first thing in the morning tomorrow. Yixing had been acting extra nice for some odd reason and even did unusually nice things. Examples would be making her bed ready for her to sleep in, running her bath and even giving her some of his snacks. She shrugged off his odd and off-putting generosity as him feeling pity for her when she was sick.

Minseok hadn't been sending her any message besides the usual 'get well soon' and Kibum never messaged her unless he absolutely needed to. Myungsoo basically never messages her at all. The only person who probably bombarded her phone was her apparent 'boyfriend', Jongin.

Standing with a cup of espresso in her hand as she leaned lightly on the kitchen counter, Dohyun took a sip and closed her eyes. Memories of Jongin's visit were vivid and clear. How he came over to take care of her, gave her a lunch bar and fed her medicine like she was a child. Not to mention what followed after, he cuddled her. Well, to be fair, they cuddled together. She had fallen asleep against him with her head on his chest and his arms wrapped securely around her waist. She bit her bottom lip and almost felt as if his arms were still around her and his hands and entangling in her hair.

He felt so warm, so comfortable. They had both fallen asleep, she fell asleep first and him, second. Dohyun didn't quite know how long they were asleep but when she woke up, Jongin's head was on top of hers and he held her so close to him like a child did to their favourite teddy bear. His lips were gently pressed against her forehead and the top of his cheek was nestled on her head. His grip had loosened a bit but was still there nonetheless and his calm breathing was relaxing.

A month and a few weeks ago, Dohyun would have never thought that she'd ever think these things about Kim Jongin. Not once. However, here she was. Standing in the kitchen and sipping on espresso, remembering what happened days ago. When he woke up, he stared at her for a good minute and then yawned and let out a small sound akin to a whine. He then buried his face in the side of her neck and tried to go back to sleep but by then she had already found things too awkward and started fidgeting. Jongin surprisingly let go of her and then started with his endless teasing of what just happened.

"You liked that, didn't you? You did! Don't deny it."

He always somehow finds a way to totally ruin the moment. It was one thing to acknowledge that she actually did enjoy it but to rub it in her face was like asking for a knuckle sandwich and a fruit punch.

Yixing's absence from the apartment made her somewhat lonely but a bit relieved and less suffocated. She partially couldn't wait to get back to work, not seeing Kibum, Minseok and Myungsoo was a bit odd even for only a few days or so. It was quiet.

Too quiet.

Whipping out her phone she hurriedly tapped a few keys on her keypad.

To: Jongin

Hey

She must have been extremely bored or totally out of it. She just texted him out of her own free will. Almost instantly, a reply came back.

To: Dohyun

What is thiiiiiiiiiiiiis???!!! Who are you!?

Confused, she frowned and tilted her head. Who was this? Did Jongin get his phone taken or something? With a hesitated sigh, she replied.

To: Jongin

......Who are you?

To: Dohyun

No, no, no. The question is; who are you? N'aaaw is my baby texting me first? I can't believe it <3

She smiled slightly at the message. This was definitely Jongin.

To: Jongin

So, I can't text you? Okay, fine. /:

She was only teasing him, anyway.

To: Dohyun

NOOOOO OnO Talk to oppa!! DX

Jongin uses a lot of emoticons for a guy, she called him oppa once, seriously. Talk about persistence.

To: Jongin

I'm not calling you that, you know.

She didn't even refer to her friends or even Yixing as oppa, why should she do so to him?

To: Dohyun

You will, eventually :P anywaaaaay. Feeling better now?

Oh, she felt better. She could finally explore her taste buds to its full potential and move up and about without feeling the need to lie down every now and then.

To: Jongin

Yeah, actually. I'm going back to work tomorrow.

To: Dohyun

It's cause of me, isn't it ;) It is. I'm so nice.

Her espresso was becoming cold and forgotten as she texted Jongin back.

To: Jongin

If it helps you sleep at night then, okay.

To: Dohyun

You can't see it but I'm totally sideway glancing at my phone right now. So, what does my princess think about possibly going out later?

Pet names, again. Should she go? If she didn't she'd just spend the day in front of the tv and being smothered by a mother hen in the form of her roommate.

Go out with Jongin or play housie-housie with Yixing?

To: Jongin

Sure, why not?

She'd really rather go out than stay cooped up in here.

~•The Night Owl Café•~

Kibum scrutinized the big packet of baking powder and scoffed as he read the label.

"'Open by hand'," he read aloud. "As if I'm going to use Xiumin's toenail to open this."

Minseok gave him a hard stare. "Wow, good thing you saw that then."

Myungsoo harshly slammed his tray down on the counter, gaining both the attention of his friends as well as a few customers'.

"We have got to stop these outbursts, people look at us funny." Minseok commented, earning a nod of agreement from Kibum.

"Don't you guys get it!?" Myungsoo harshly whispered. Staring at both Minseok and Kibum in disbelief he slapped his hand against his forehead. "Song Dohyun is in a relationship with that guy!"

"You mean, Jongin." Minseok helpfully added. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes and Minseok cautiously back away just in case.

"I don't care."

"Okay, stop picking on Dopey, what's your problem Grumpy?" Kibum harshly retaliated.

"The one time you're actually defending me and you're comparing me to the beardless drawf from Snow White." Minseok whined but he was ignored.

"What's my problem? What's your problem? I thought you of all people would at least be on my side here." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

"I'm not happy about it either!" Kibum shot back. "For one, she didn't tell us, who knows how long those two were conspiring behind our backs-"

"Since when was Dohyun's love life become our business, anyway!?" Minseok helplessly pitched in.

"Since we met that guy and he gave off bad vibes!" Myungsoo snapped.

"Both of you, stop it!" Kibum yelled and smacked them both behind their heads.

"Every time!" Minseok hissed.

"Quiet, children. Now you two listen here and listen good. What Dohyun does with her life is her thing, okay? I'm well aware that the guy she's with isn't exactly in our good books but let her learn from this. We've had our fair share of relationships haven't we?" Kibum prompted them and looked at them both straight in their eyes with his piercing gaze. Minseok averted his gaze and bit on his lip while Myungsoo gave Kibum a blank stare and slowly raised a questioning brow.

"What?" Kibum snapped.

Myungsoo hardened his gaze and crossed his arms. "You say you're well aware that the guy she's with isn't exactly in our good books, huh?" Myungsoo mockingly smiled. The three boys stood like that in silence for a few more tense seconds until Kibum gritted his teeth and growled.

"Uurgh! Fine! It is absolutely not fine! He can't take care of our Dohyun, she'll die!" Kibum blurted and bit his nails anxiously. "I was trying to be the logical and mature person here but come on!"

"What's you problem?" Minseok warily asked.

"Same as his!" Kibum pointed at Myungsoo. "We don't know if he has a job or not! We don't even know him well. He can't even feed her unless he takes her out for food! He'll end up making meat balls for her on her anniversary night and she'll probably die after the dinner cause they were so hard!" Kibum mockingly wailed as he exaggerated. "Dohyun might as well swallow a rock." Minseok laughed but Myungsoo's unimpressed face stayed the same as ever.

Myungsoo groaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter