chapter three

Misunderstanding

 

 
~
 
After school I walked to Mirai's house after being told by Yamada to call him as soon as I leave her house... He is so over-protective. No wonder Mirai's mom hates him...
 
*ding-dong*
 
Her mom opened the door, "Oh Suzuka-chan! Mirai is sick right now. She's been throwing up all day!"
 
"Oh that's probably because..." Oh right I'm not suppose to say anything about her being pregnant... Her mom stared at me curiously "Uhm... because it's flu season" I quickly made something up.
 
"Oh..." her mom nodded understandingly "I would let you come in but I wouldn't want you to catch what she has"
 
I mentally scoffed, you can't catch pregnancy, I wanted to say.
 
"I-I got a flu shot! So I'm okay" I said
 
"Bu-" I cut her off, "Thank you!" I said and ran inside the house and into Mirai's room.
 
She stared at me from her bed.
 
"Yamada was really worried about you"
 
"Aww he was? Did you tell him about me being pregnant?" she asked.
 
"No"
 
"Why?" she almost looked mad
 
"You're the one that told me not to tell him!"
 
"You don't have to get mad" she started crying "I just thought you would have enough common sense to at least tell Yama-chan! He's my boyfriend for goodness sake"
 
Well I'm sorry for keeping my promise, is what I wanted to say but pregnant people are emotional, I have to be careful of what I say.
 
"There's one other person I want to tell..." I started
 
"Who?"
 
"He's this transfer student and he thinks I'm the one who's pregnant- It's a long story"
 
"Well you can't tell some guy I don't know that I'm pregnant! I don't trust him!"
 
"But I don't want him to think that I'm pregnant!"
 
"Well figure out a way to tell him without telling him about me!" she said
 
"Whatever" I rolled my eyes "I'm leaving" I closed the door and left her house after saying bye to her mom.
 
~
 
-Next day at School-
 
"You didn't call me yesterday!" Yamada yelled as soon as I saw him
 
"Oh I knew I was forgetting something" I mumbled
 
"I can't believe you! Do you not have a heart! Don't you care about how much I care about her?!"
 
Oh my god. This couple has got to be the annoyingest couple on earth. I would smack them both if I wasn't friends with Mirai...
 
"Well I would tell you what's wrong with her but there are too many people around" I said
 
"Just tell me!"
 
"She's pregnant"
 
His jaw dropped. "Suzuka-chan! This is a serious matter! You should be more careful about saying these things! Why would you say it when there are so many people around!"
 
I'm gonna smack this . I raised my arm to punch him when Nakajima popped up and grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the classroom.
 
"What are you doing!" he yelled
 
"What are YOU doing?" I countered
 
"It's not only your body now! You can't just pick fights, especially with guys! And it's not good for the baby to stress yourself"
 
"Nakajima, I'm gonna say this one time and one time only so listen carefully, I am-" while I was talking the bell rang "-pregnant"
 
"Yes I know you're pregnant! That's why I'm telling you, I'm not stupid!" he rolled his eyes.
 
This damn fool! He didn't hear the most important part of the sentence. Stupid bell! Curse my luck!
 
"Now CAREFULLY, let's go back inside the classroom.
 
And once again this idiot escorted me to my seat.