Getting To Know Another You

As Bitter As Coffee

Weeks had passed by since I spoke to Taekwoon. I tried to avoid everything that has to do with him, even though Hakyeon tried to find out what happened that day, the first four days after I spoke his roommate but gave up knowing it was pointless since I wouldnt give an answer. Also since a few days, the hickey in my neck had fade away completely, so some weight did fell off my shoulders. Now I was able to forget about it.

 

But luck wasn't on my side. At English class the teacher had decided to give a project. that wasn't really the worst part, the worst part was that I got paired up with Taekwoon. Why couldn't she just pair me up with some random guy or girl? just anyone else but Taekwoon.

 

And if I thought it couldn't get any worse, Taekwoon started to make fun of my English as we both were in my room. making a start on the project.

"Can you even speak English?" He asked "You know you always have to put the time at the end or the beginning of the sentence? You can't put it in the middle. Thats grammatically wrong."

"Of course I can speak English." I said annoyed and continue typing in a word document.

"Really? Maybe you should actually learn some English before we start on this project."

 

He closed my laptop and shove it to the corner of the desk before taking a paper and wrote some words and sentences down for me to translate. He stood really close to me as I felt his breath into my neck sending shivers down my spine. This was why I wanted to stay away from him, he made me feel like this, all nervous and weird from the inside. I just didn't understand what it was, since I never had a feeling like this before.

 

I took a pen and wrote down the translations, of course making lots of mistakes. It wasn't my fault I'm good at it, it isn't even my first language.

 

"This is pointless... okay let me teach you the basics of the grammar since you seem to not understand anything." he said "can you shove a little?"

 

I did as he said, and shoved a little he then took a seat on the same chair and we both sat close to each other. I cursed inside my head for having only one chair.

 

More time had passed and now I did understand a little from the English grammar but still I had to go a long way. So he told me to teach me some more every day. Taekwoon was so much nicer while teaching something, he was really patient and clear with what he explained. I guess he wasn't only as bitter as coffee, he had a sweet and kind side as well. but he didn't seems to show that, that often.

 

And so on I kept meeting up with Taekwoon. I came to know him better as the days passed by. He looked so charming, the way he spoke and how he teach, his eyes always shone brightly the moment I understood something. And seeing his smile that could light up a whole city, and those lips they look so soft and kissable... wait what? did I really just thought that? Oh my gosh I must have lost my mind. We are both guys... why am I thinking about kissing an other guy? I must have gotten a fever or something.

 

"Are you alright?" Taekwoon asked me, we were both at the park. We decided to work there since it was such a really nice day in May.

"I-I'm fine."

 

I tried to keep calm after that but it wasn't really any use... I kept thinking about him, having questions like: how it would be to kiss him? How would it be to be held close by him? How would it be to get touched by him? Those thought made me unsure of my own uality. Where all those people right? Am I indeed gay? I didn't know.

 

"Maybe we should take a break." he said and closed the book. "You want something to drink?"  

"Yes please."

 

He stood up and walked away to get both of us a drink. I let out a sigh and lie down on the grass looking at the few clouds in the sky blue sky.

 

"What's wrong with me? Why do I feel like this?" I ask myself outloud

"Feel like what?"

 

That voice it was familiar, it was Taekwoon. How long did I lay down?

 

"Nothing..." I answered

"I got you some coffee for you." he said changing the topic "I hope you like it"

"Thanks..." I said hesitantly, taking the cup from him

"Something wrong?"

"I don't really like coffee." I said

"I'm sorry" he said with a sad expression on his face

 

Seriously why did he had to look at me like that? He looked like a small kitten that just got kicked or something. It make me feel guilty.

 

"It's okay, you couldn't know."

"You want something else?"

"No, no, you don't have to. I can drink this."

"You just said you didn't like it"

"Just forget what I said" I said and took a sip of my drink

 

I had to do my best not to show that I really dislike it. What kind of coffee is this? It taste so bitter and was there even sugar in it? But I just felt so guilty, he paid for this coffee how could I reject it? That isn't possible especially when he looked like a kicked kitten.

 

After our break Taekwoon continued to teach me some more before we went back to our own dorms. According to him, I was ready to start with the project now my English had improved. I was glad to hear that, now we finally could start. I didn't want us to fall behind because of me.

 


Autors note: Here is the next chapter ^^
I already got some more to upload so I'll do that too. I write on my phone and later upload it with the pc but since I don't use my pc that much at the moment Since I still have to finish a cosplay in less then a month... I waited to long to get started with it...  Anyways I hope you like it :) Also thanks alot for reading and leaving comments on this story~! It means a lot to me and makes me happy~