No Remedy For Memory

No Remedy For Memory
"April was a good month for the two of you. You guys were very happy with one another. You were expecting a child. During the last week of May you suffered a miscarriage and it tore apart your relationship. You found Chang Joo few months ago. He treats you like a princess. He's a good guy. Don't dismiss him just yet." The information flowing out of so fast I can't get a word in. I have learned so much in the past twenty minutes but it still doesn't make any sense. I need to see Kang Gary. "Mianhe unnie I'm feeling exhausted from the stress of everything. I think I'm going to take a nap now, if you don't mind," I hate lying to her. "Not a problem. I know it's a lot all at once. Take your time," she smiles and gives me a little wave before exiting the room. When I am sure she has at least rounded the corner in the hallway I make a break for it.I take my slippers and begin to search for Gary's room. I ask a nurse at reception who seems a little hesitant to give it to me but once she realized I was in the accident with him she allowed it. When I find his room I am taken aback from the state he is in. He's hooked up to so many monitors. Blood appearing on the bandage around his head. Bruises all over his face. I want to cry but I force it back to stay strong in his presence. "Mong Ji," his voice was hoarse and groggy. "Oppa" my voice an octave higher. I cautiously walk over to his side and place a kiss on his cracked lips."What happened to us?" I ask him. "We were in a car accident," he replies. "I know that, but I mean us. I just found out that we broke up. I lost a baby. I have or had a fiancé. How did we end up here together?" "There was an accident," he starts. "I know that but why were we in the car together? Wae?" I was raising my voice and I definitely didn't mean to. "I objected at your wedding. You didn't think twice, you ran towards me. You said you made a huge mistake and wanted to run away with me… forever. We hopped in my car, the paparazzi was waiting outside since it was you, Song Ji Hyo wedding and they bombarded my car and I couldn't hit the brakes in time. I'm so sorry." "Kwenchana oppa," I kiss his chapped lips once more, "I love you Kang Gary." "I love you too, Ji hyo ah." "Good," I sighed, "I was afraid you didn't love me anymore. "Ya, I never stopped loving you," he admits. "What are you doing here?" the other voice startling us. When we both turn we realize that it's Chang Joo. "Being with the man I should have been standing at the alter with," I return to him. "Do you know what he's done to you?" He yells. "The accident wasn't his fault!" I yell back. "Not just the accident, Ji Hyo! He's emotionally screwed with your brain since you lost the baby!" "I think you're using my memory loss. You can say anything you want to me right now and there's no chance I'll believe it!" "I can't believe you!" Chang Joo shouts. "You know what!?" I match his volume, "Maybe this was a blessing in disguise. It's a good thing I don't remember the past. I've forgotten the horrible thing that lead us to break up. I don't remember going through a miscarriage therefore and I no longer feel attached to the situation. I've never been more in love with Kang Gary and I have no idea who you are so you better leave now before I call security!" "What makes you think he's not using you to get you back!" "I trust him. I love him. Obviously you did something wrong if I left you at the alter," I spit out my last tought. "You're going to regret this," Chang Joo slam the door before leaving. I am not going to regret a thing. In this moment I am content with my decision. I love Kang Gary. And that's final.