No Remedy For Memory

No Remedy For Memory
Heat. Pain. A large weight was pushing against my chest. It took a lot of effort to move my limbs. My brain felt larger than my skull. I don't know where it is. If only I could open my eyes. Bright. White. My lids only opened a slit but already my head was spinning. I begin to see blurry objects slowly sharpen. A monitor. IV drips. Thin white sheets. "Song Ji Hyo!" an unknown, deep voice now coming in clear. I turn my attention to the male's voice and become confused when I don't recognize who this person is. "Ji Hyo ah!" he shouts again, "I'm so glad you're awake!" His lips touch my cheek. "Who are you?" I question, shocked by his act of affection. His excited expression quickly shifting to worried. "Do you not know who I am?" he asks, the tone of his voice desperate. I give him a good look up and down. There was nothing about this man that I found recognizable. He was handsome. That was a fact. But other than that I had nothing . "Mianhe but I don't know who you are." The man sighs, "I'll go alert the nurses that you are awake." "Do you know where Gary is?" I didn't notice him as I scanned the room."Gary? Kang Gary?" his eyes widen."Yes! Gary oppa. My boyfriend!" I wail. "He's in rough shape right now. He was the worst damaged of the two of you. He's lost a lot of blood right now. The nurse says that they are doing everything they can to save him. Also, you two aren't together anymore and you haven't been for over a year" Tears start to fill and build up in my eyes but I don't let them fall. "I'll get the nurse," he says once more. The other man leaves me alone and I break down. I can't lose, Kang Gary. I can't imagine a world without him in it. I pray to God that they can save him.The nurse enters the room in the midst of my outburst. "Song Ji Hyo ssi," she starts before I interrupt. "…Is Gary okay?" the tears mix with my snot. "He's awake but in critical condition. They are bringing him out of surgery right now," she answers. "Oh my god," I cover my mouth and sob. "I've got to ask you a few questions as it appears you are suffering from memory loss." "Go ahead," I mumble. "Name?" "Song Ji Hyo" "Your real name?" "Cheon Seong Im" "Date of birth?" "August 15th, 1981" "What year is it?" she asks. "2013," I say. "It's actually 2015 right now," she corrects me. That man must have been right. What happened between Gary oppa and I that we weren't together? I may have suffered from some slight amnesia but I know in my heart that the only person I truly love is Kang Gary. "Who was that man?" I ask the nurse. "That was your fiancé, Baek Chang Joo." "Fiancé?!" I was shocked. I quickly looked down at the fourth digit of my left hand. There it was. A diamond ring. I suddenly felt sick and wanted to rid myself of the tight jewelry. My fingers must have become swollen from the accident because it took a lot of effort to pry it off. "Yes, fiancé," she reiterates. "I'm going to go talk to the doctor about setting up some tests to see how severe this amnesia is. Please stay in bed and rest. I'll be right back." As she exits the room my best friend, Kim Ji Soo walks in. A look of relief crosses her face."Ji Hyo ah, I'm so glad you're okay!" she trudges over to my bedside and gives me a hug. "Well, apparently not everything's okay," I mutter. "What do you mean?" she asks, worry now appearing in the furrowing of her brows "Why aren't I still with Kang Gary?" I ask her. "Why am I getting married to someone I don't know?" "Gary and you haven't been together for now" she squezzed my hands "You're not the first person to tell me that," I sigh in frustration. "What happened between us? More importantly, why were we in this accident together?" "You stood Chang Joo up at the alter for Gary. The paparazzi got a good kick out of it and bombarded your car during your escape. You crashed into another brake." "But why was I going to marry him in the first place if I love Kang Gary?" I couldn't keep up with all the information being shot at me at once. "What month do you think it is in 2013?" Ji Soo's question intriguing me. "April… wae?"