enemies, friends,both?

earth and fire

  "Did you find him?"

"Yes master I did" "

did you break him yet."

"No sir"

"he is useless to me if hes not broken, he must be broken so i can mold him."

"I understand"

"then break him"

 

"What do you want from me?" Jonghyun said glaring at me. I had moved him over to my moms tree to lean him against it. (She was kinda worried) i gave him a look and said " i don't want anything."

"Yes you do, thats the only reason your helping me. You want protection from joon."

"No" he was shocked by my reply. "I don't need you to stand up for me or fight my battles, if joon is gonna get me he's gonna get me."

"Then why" he ruffled his platinum blond hair confused.

"Because your hurt and I am just wired in a way that makes me want to help you, because even if you did hurt my feelings I'll get over it and hope that you won't always hate me, even if that's all your ever going to do. I'm used to it" i sighed and finished applying the herbs i grew to the wounds

"Thanks. This doesnt mean we are friends" he said coldly.

"Never said it did." I replied

"And I don't hate you" he muttered

"I don't hate you either" he looked puzzled by my reply and left. I whipped my head over to my mom. " don't even think about me liking him mom its not gonna happen." There was a rustle before I blurted out a "yah! Why are you disappointed by that?!?!"

 

" is he powerful"

"He could be"

" well how should we break him"

" let's use that one."

"You mean..."

"Yes."

 

I've almost been here for three weeks and some how I managed to not get discovered by joon. The jonghyun boy was a different story. He seem to keep appearing at the library at lunch which was near the garden and he sat by the window. He read alot it seems but I also caught him glancing at me. One time I caught him looking and he picked up his book so fast he didn't realise it was upside down. Does he want to be friends, or is he trying to scare me. I really cant tell. At one point I got annoyed so approached him. "Yah! What are you doing."

"Well I'm reading, thats what you do at a library." He answered sarcastically

" you keep looking at me and your reading that book upsidedown." He glared at me before his face turned subtly pink. "I... Gotta go" and he ran like his life depended on it. What the hell is up with Kim jonghyun.

*KNOCK,KNOCK,KNOCK* some one knocked on the door. I honestly wondered who the hell would be knocking on the door at 2:00 in the morning. I grumbled as I trudged to the door with my baby blue rubber duck pj bottoms and a large T-shirt. I Had my neck length light brown hair in a pony tail. I scooped up my glasses and ripped open the door to be yanked out of my room by a certain blond hair'd maniac.

"Kim jonghyun what the hell are you doing knocking on my door at 2:00 in the morning." I looked him up and down and he was fully dressed and I was in PJs. He smirked

"Cute PJs. Any way um.. I came here to ask you if you would be willing to help me with-"

"I thought we weren't friends" I cut him off he stood in silence. Its as if he didn't realise what he was doing was strange. He looked as if he was suddenly understanding what he was doing. I could see it in his eyes, he was gonna run for it again. I grabbed his wrist and dragged him away outside. I was going to find out what he wanted.

  "What's wrong"

"I don't know honestly" jonghyun answered slightly distressed something I found familiar.

"Your lonely."

"No"

"Yes"

"I'm not-"

"Tell me your friends then" I argued back and he fell silent. It was quiet for some time before he spoke.

"I used to have friends, and family, teachers who adored me. I wanted to sing and I worked at a cafe near my home" why was he telling me these things. He smiled a small sad smile that I'd never seen that made me feel like he wasn't so bad.

"I don't even know why I'm telling you this-"

"For God sakes jonghyun just finish." There was a pause I realised how bold he made me sometimes. After a moment he continued

"Things changed when I got my power. I was so angry, so angry at my parents for something I don't even remember and I lost control. I always lose control no matter how many times I go back, no matter what i do in the end it was my fault." He turned his head from me and I knew he was crying. I had witnessed Kim jonghyun crying.

"Are you happy to see that I am fragile" I had also realised it had hurt to see him that way

"No" he looked at me shocked tears streaking down his face. "I'm a monster."

"I don't think so, monsters don't cry." I looked up at the sky leaning against moms tree. I patted the spot next to me. He complied easily.

"This tree here is my mom. This is the only way I can have her with me. My mom died last year when I was 17. No one ever told me what happened and my mom till this day can't tell me who did it" he looked up at my mom. 

"Its pretty" 

"Thanks jonghyun"

"Its hyung to you duckie"

"Omo really" 

"Yea I'm 19" there's was a peacefully silence until

"Yah who are you calling duckie, you dino."

 

  "Jinki hyyunnnggg, heeellllo!" Taemin called as he waved his hands over my face snapping me out of my trance. "Hyung you've been like this all day." I gave tae an apologetic smile. I dont mean to day dream its just that ive been thinking about last night. Jonghyun had was asking me that night if i could grow some roses and lilacs in the garden for his parents in there memory. We then procceeded to fall asleep on eachother under my moms tree, giving my mom alot of ammunition to tease me with. I could fall for hyung, hyung he let me call him hyung. "Omo jinki your face is red" key said poking my cheeks." 

"O-oh nothing im just kinda hot thats all."

" jinki you do know I'm the almighty key right and i know that-" at that moment minho came into the classroom  

"JINKI HYUNG QUICK THE GARDEN"

   There was a large commotion in the garden and jonghyun met me half way looking puzzled before he and I pushed to the center of the crowd. They was dead flowers every where and I felt cold all over. I looked up.

" hello little rabbit you've finally arrived, oh and jonggie nice to see you too im glad you came to see the show."

"W-what are you doing?" I said nervously

"Yeah joon what the hell?" Jonghyun piped in angrily and confused

"See my dear little rabbit ive been watching you, ever since you first stopped showing up during lunch. Mm, some one thought they could out smart a fox did they." I looked at him like he was crazy.

"It only took one touch to kill those plants jinki, those small plants though aren't what are really important to you are they."

"What are you-" the words dried up in my throat and everything slowed down. Joon taking two steps back, crouching down, the moment of him touching the soil. My mom screaming. Screaming in my soul as the tree slowly and turned to ash. Joon gave me a smile. A big brilliant smile

Crack. My mom was gone

Crack. The soils gone.

Crack. Her warmth gone

Crack. My memory of her gone.

"Mommy! Mommy! I scraped my knee waaahhh!!!" My mom came rushing over me and she pulled me onto her lap. "Its ok jinki baby" she put a bandaid on my knee and kissed my forehead. "Mommy looked what i got for you" i held out a twig with cherry blossoms on it. "How did you get that" she said delighted and surprised. "I climb the tree for you." I gave her a toothy smile before saying "mommy your pretty like the flower so i got it for you" "aigoo jinki your so cute thank you" 

"I love you mommy"

"I love you too, forever"

Crack. Why do we own things that break...

_____________________

Authors note: I was inspired to do more and this happened. Sorry for the sadness but hey life is full of ups and downs right, well stories do are full of them too. Until later 

Bye :3