Final

Illicit Lights

Oh darling

Please believe me.

 

Jongin sat criss-crossed on the floor of the hotel hallway, waiting patiently for Kyungsoo to open up the door.

 

Silent and sparkling, the dust from the California sun seemed to float around like glimmer in the breeze; resting tiny feathers floating around the atmosphere unable to be caught.

 

He swore he’d never do Kyungsoo any harm.

 

But as the sun began to rise he realized exactly what had been wrong.

 

His darling Kyungsoo didn’t love him back.

 

“Open up honey dear, please.” Jongin begged in that Okie accent of his he tried so hard to get rid of.

 

He knew it was no use, no amount of California sunshine and sweet smiles can get that little crazy to budge.

 

“No!” Kyungsoo shouted from the other side, obviously crying as he banged a fist on the mahogany.

 

“But I love you.” Jongin paused, tears b on destruction as his eyes began to water rapidly; all he had ever known to love was Kyungsoo.

 

“If you loved me you’d go away!” Kyungsoo pushed, breath hitching as a new set of tears formed over his eyelids.

 

“Why would I do that?” Jongin stalled, rubbing his hands over his eyes in an attempt to clear the rising storm.

 

“I can’t love you back!” Kyungsoo screamed again.

 

Unbeknownst to him, a cleaning lady whipped her head to the side to scan what exactly was the commotion going on outside room 390.

 

At this point Jongin didn’t seem to care.

 

“I don’t give a damn if you don’t love me back!” Jongin tried again, standing up and grabbing hold of the doorknob before twisting it left and right.

 

No use.

 

What a crazy.

 

“I love you and I want to make sure you’re okay! And Lord behold I leave you in this ty hotel like this because all I want to do is drive you home and we can talk all of this out later you’re God-awful-”

 

Jongin stopped his rant as soon as the door swung open and Kyungsoo flew right into his arms.

 

“Promise me you’re not a phony!” Kyungsoo cried, digging his face deeper into Jongin’s chest as he held onto him.

 

“I promise I’m not a phony.” Jongin said. “I will love you until forever ends, and even then you will still be mine.”

 

“You can’t take it back!” Kyungsoo wailed, clinging onto Jongin’s starched white shirt even harder.

 

And Jongin knew.

 

He could never take it back.

 

Because Kyungsoo was his darling.