Chapter 2-Orange-Haired-Guy-Who-Doesn’t-Know-The-Word-Sorry and Mr. Cold Eyes

COLLEGE DIARIES (A RED VELVET JOY STORY)

Chapter 2-Orange-Haired-Guy-Who-Doesn’t-Know-The-Word-Sorry and Mr. Cold Eyes

 

Joy's POV

 

            Second day of school. Thank god, Yeri and I woke up early. We don't want to run late again. We quickly fixed ourselves and went to school. We met up with Wendy, Seulgi and Irene for our first class for that day.

 

            "Yah... Class will start in 15 right? Can we go to the dining hall first? I'm hungry," I said to the girls as I rubbed my tummy and did an aegyo.

 

            "Aigoo! The baby attacks," said Wendy. "Kaja! I'm also hungry."

 

            The five of us walked to the dining hall to get something to eat. We quickly bought something to munch on and headed back to our classroom. We chatted happily on our way back. I was getting a big bite on my sandwich when suddenly, I bumped into someone. I caught on my sandwich just in time for it to fall off my hands and looked at the person who bumped into me.

 

            "Joeseonghaeyo!" I turned back and bowed to the orange-haired student I bumped into. He looked at me blankly as if he didn't care and continued to what he was doing.

 

            "Weird. Does he have no tongue? Is Sorry that hard to say," I under my breath.

 

            "Gwaenchanayo?" asked Irene as she held my arm.

 

            "Nae, thank goodness my sandwich did not fall," I said.

 

            "Really, you still thought about your sandwich?" mused Yeri.

 

            "Baegopayo, Yeri-ah," I reasoned out. "Kaja! We don't wanna be late for class!"

 

            We all ran to the classroom because class was about to start in five minutes. I sat down on my seat when the one sitting in front of me suddenly introduced herself to me.

 

            "Hello, I'm Chrissa Lee," said the girl seated in front of me, as she looked back to me with her hand extended for a handshake. "And these are Kim Yoojung and Kim Sohyun, my friends."

 

            I smiled and shook their hands. They said hi to Irene and we introduced the other girls to them. We happily got to know each other, talking about ourselves. The teacher hasn't arrived yet and it has already been fifteen minutes. I suddenly looked at the door when I saw a male figure come in, Mr. Cold Eyes.

 

            "Taehyun-ah!" Chrissa chirped, her hands shooting up and calling the boy. I looked at her. "Come here. I want to introduce you to these five lovely ladies." she stood up and pulled the boy to us. "Everyone, this is Nam Taehyun, my cousin."

 

            He looked at us with that uninterested look but still held out his hand to us. We all greeted him and when it was my turn to shake hands, he didn't even look at me.

 

            'What's this?' I thought. ‘How can he be so rude?' But the moment his skin got connected to mine, electric shock all over my body. He looked to my direction, his face unchanging but I continued staring at him feeling the tingle left by the shock I felt still in my fingers. He is handsome, I thought.

 

            I remembered that our hands were still together so I immediately pulled them away. "I-I-It's nice meeting you, Taehyun-ssi."Aigoo, why do I have to stutter? He just simply nodded. The teacher arrived and so the class started.  He sat down in front of Yeri who was sitting right next to me. Our class teacher spoke to the class but what the heck! All I did was stare at the back of his head. Stop it, Sooyoung!

 

            "Aish!" I said. The girls turned to me with confused looks on their faces. "Waeyo?" asked Irene.

 

            I looked at them and blinked. "Aniyo, it's nothing. Don't mind me." I shook the thought away. I am just looking at him because he was sitting in front of me, I convinced myself. It was nothing, but even when I did that I can feel my heart beating fast inside my chest.

 

            What's wrong me? Why am I feeling this way? Aigoo! I should really get my head straight.

 

TAEHYUNG'S POV

 

            Another year here in the university, another boring life, aigoo, Kim Taehyung. I walked leisurely to the dining hall to meet my friends. I whistled as I headed to its direction when I suddenly bumped into someone.

 

            "Joeseonghaeyo!" the girl said as she bowed to me. I stared at her. She doesn't look familiar. Must be a freshman. I tried smiling at her but it seemed to have turned out as me staring at her blankly and my feet seemed to have a mind of his own. I turned around and walked towards the dining hall, leaving her and her friends there.

 

            "Pabo!" I said under my breath as I entered the hall. I scratched my head in frustration and headed to the table with my friends.

 

            "What's poppin' dude?" said Namjoon as we clapped each other’s hand and bumped shoulders. I did the same with the others and took my seat.

 

            "Nothing. Just so many new faces here in school today," I said as I took a handful of chips from Jin's plate and stuffed them in my mouth. He slapped my hand and told me to buy my own. I just sticked out my tongue at him.

 

            "I might try seeing if there are new pretty freshmen. Maybe I can date someone," Jimin said, with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

 

            "Baram! Stop it with your playboy antics, hyung. You might get yourself in trouble," Jungkook, the youngest, said.

 

            "Why, our Jungkook seems jealous! Then maybe I'd date you instead?" Jimin playfully hugged the younger boy.

 

            "Yuck! No way in your wildest dream, short guy!" Jungkook struggled to get off his embrace and ran around the dining area as Jimin chased him. We laughed at these crazy ones.

 

            "Anyway, Taehyung, I was just telling these guys that we'll start practicing soccer tomorrow after class. We need to win against the Nursing Department in this year's University Week. We have to start practicing as early as now. Got it?" Namjoon said. I nodded. He was all fired up just like the way he is when we perform to our songs.

 

            We continued talking for the next few minutes, laughing over a lot of things, when my eyes darted over someone with long brown hair who came in the hall. My eyes followed her figure as she came down and sit with her friends it was a big group with only one man who was following them. Was he? Ah well that doesn't matter. My eyes went back to staring at her. Hmm well... I smiled.

 

TAEHYUN'S POV

 

            I followed my cousin, Yoojung and Sohyun as we walked out of the classroom. The three have been making friends with the five girls in class, whose names I can't remember. They did not register in my mind. I was only familiar with Irene, who was my schoolmate in highschool. Yeah, here I was, following my cousin around. I was still too shy to make new friends. I can't even talk to someone straight in the eyes.

 

            "Oh, really? So you must really be good in English?" said Sohyun, referring to one of the five girls who said she grew up in Canada. Uhm, I think she is Wendy.

 

            "Of course, pabo. She grew up there. Of course she will naturally have to speak English," Yoojung said to Sohyun jokingly. They all laughed.

 

            I tried to be as silent as possible but I was suddenly surprised when one of them spoke to me.

 

            "How about you Taehyun? You're so silent. Tell us something about yourself." I stared at the girl named Joy, like I was staring at some odd object in front of me. I hope I didn't offend her with that. It's just that being asked upfront like the way she did just now, really makes me nervous.

 

            “I think there is nothing I can really say about myself,” I simply said, trying to act uninterested in the conversation.

 

            “Aigoo! Look at you, nothing to say about yourself,” Yoojung said.

 

            “Sorry about my cousin here. He’s just not really the type to be interested in conversations like this but I guess, in due time, you’ll get to know him better once he warms up. Right, Taehyun-ah?” Chrissa looked up to me, elbowing my side, expecting me to answer. Well, when it comes to my cousin I become a softie. I just nodded to stop her from bugging me.

 

            I excused myself from them. As I stood up, I noticed the girl who asked me earlier following her gaze at me. I didn’t mind it though and left them in the hall. I walked out suddenly feeling rude about what I did.

 

JOY'S POV

 

            I stared at his retreating figure feeling, feeling a bit insulted at the way he answered to my question a while ago. I looked back to the girls and saw a sour look on Wendy's face.

 

            "Is he always like that? Your cousin? Really, that was rude." Wendy frowned, following Taehyun as he left the hall.

 

            "Sorry. It's just that, Taehyun is just painfully shy," Yoojung said. Sohyun nodded beside her.

 

            "He’s just really like that. He'll get better once he gets used to you,’ Sohyun added.

 

            “Let’s see. But it’s annoying still,” Wendy ranted.

 

            “Blood pressure, girl. Watch out,” Seulgi said, playing with a game in her phone, not really caring about what happened.

 

            Irene and I suddenly turned around when we heard the booming laughs of a group of boys passing behind us. They seem like our seniors, I guess and I immediately recognized one of them. The orange-haired guy, the same man I bumped into a while ago. He didn’t look at our direction. He just continued walking with his friends.

 

            Really, there seems to be a lot of weird guys here in college. That includes Orange-Haired-Guy-Who-Doesn’t-Know-The-Word-Sorry and that Mr. Cold Eyes.

 

*********************************

Hello! Sorry for the long wait on this update. I've been really busy these past days so I wasn't really able to have the luxury of the time to write but here it is. Chapter 2 for all of you!

 

And OMG to the comeback of our boys! BTS! I Need You! So lovely. And their MV, so dramatic. Acting skills, Video, Song, Choreography. Two-thumbs up for everything! I’m so proud of them. They really deserve the first place. Let’s work on that everyone! Fighting!!!