CHAPTER 1- WAKE UP! WE'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!

COLLEGE DIARIES (A RED VELVET JOY STORY)

 

Kriiing! Kriiiing! The sound of the alarm from Joy's cellphone rang and filled the whole room. She jumped out of her bed and checked her phone.

"Omona! It’s 7:45 already?! I'm going to be late!" she exclaimed.

"Yah! Keep your voice down. I still want to sleep," Yeri, her bestfriend, said. She rolled on her bed and hid her head with a pillow.

"Yah, wake up, sloth. We'll be late for class. Yours will also start at 8 right?" Joy reminded, as she was busying herself pulling out clothes from their cabinet and getting her toiletries. Yeri jumped up and checked her phone.

"Oh my gosh!" She did the same as Joy and ran to another bathroom. "I thought you had your phone on alarm?" said Yeri.

"Yeah, it was but I guess it was covered with my pillow that's why we didn't hear it on the first alarm! Ppali, Yeri-ah," Joy shouted from the other bathroom. She was now rinsing the shampoo off her hair and quickly got out of the bathroom.

Yeri followed suit and they quickly changed on their t-shirts and pants. "First day of school and I think we will be late."

Joy and Yeri are both freshmen students in the university. Joy majored in Dance while Yeri in  Music. They ran out of their dorm and headed to the campus, running like crazy because they still have to find their rooms.

"I'll go this way Yeri! See you in a few hours?" said Joy.

"'Kay! Bye Joy!" Yeri walked away quickly in search of the building of her first class. Joy checked her schedule. PAB-25- 8AM

"PAB-25? Where is this building?" she asked herself. She felt someone tap her shoulder and she looked up.

"Annyeong! I heard you say you are also heading to PAB-25? Can I go with you? I am also heading to that same room, and I think I am a bit lost," the shorter girl said.

"Ah, nae. Let's go ask the older students. By the way, I am Park Sooyoung. You can call me Joy," Joy said to the girl, plastering a big smile on her face.

"Bae Joohyun. My friends call me Irene." They both shook each other’s hands and together they looked for their room.

With the help of the students they found the room they were looking for. It was located at the second floor of the Performing Arts Building. The room was at the farthest end of the corridor. It was a dance studio. Some students were already there and so was the teacher.

"Ppali haksaeng," the teacher ushered. "I'll let your tardiness pass today but next time I won't tolerate it."

"Joeseonghaeyo, seonsaengnim. We got... Lost." Joy and Irene were red in embarrassment. Both ran to the back of the class.

"Gwaenchanayo," said a girl as soon as they sat down. "Everyone knows she is a bit of a badass teacher.  Ms. Kwon Boa. Terror but the best in the dance department."

"Oh. Kamsahamnida," Joy reacted. Irene sat in the middle of Joy and the other girl.

"Hi, I'm Kang Seulgi." The two girls greeted her and became silent right after for the orientation of their teacher.

Joy looked around. She can't believe that she was already in college, when just two months ago she was still a high schooler. Here she was sitting in the dance studio she will be treating as a classroom for the next years.

She looked at her classmates, the innocent expressions on their faces which will soon be covered in different kinds of emotions with the things they will be facing for the next days.

Her eyes landed on a male student’s face. He was looking at her with a cold expression on his face. Joy tried to look away from him, but she can still feel him staring at her. It was like a hole was being drilled through her and it feels so awkward.

The next hours was spent with them attending classes, listening to the orientation and the likes. Since she had the same major with Irene, and Seulgi, they were classmates in all classes.

"It's a relief that we are together in all classes," said Seulgi.

"You're right," said Irene, who they found out was the eldest in the group.

"I'll introduce you to my bestfriend later. We will be classmates with her for the next class." Joy was excited.

"Oh, that's great! I'd like to meet more of our classmates and make friends but well, the first few classes we never had the 'Introduce Yourself' thingy so, I'm still shy." The two girls laughed at Seulgi. Together with Joy, Seulgi is talkative. Irene was the silent type who just likes listen to them when they talk.

They walked to their next class and there he was again, the boy who was staring at her in the first class. As she came in, she saw him staring at her again.

"What the heck. That boy has been staring at me like I've done something bad to him," Joy said.

"Huh, nugu?" Irene asked.

"Him." Joy pointed her head towards him, trying not to be obvious.

"Ah, Nam Taehyun," Irene said. "I came from the same school as him."

"You were classmates?" Joy asked.

"Aniyo, he's from a different class but he was quite famous in our high school," Irene continued

Joy looked at him again and he turned as soon as she directed her sight to him. Joy suddenly turned around upon hearing a familiar voice.

"Joy!" Yeri called, hopping to their direction. A girl was following her from behind. She was taller than Yeri and was smiling.

"Ah Yeri-ah. Come, we saved a seat for you," said Joy.

"I have someone with me, do you have an extra?" Yeri asked.

"Nae, here beside me." Seulgi offered the free seat beside her. The girl with Yeri came to her side. "Hi, I'm Kang Seulgi."

"Son Seunghwan. You can call me Wendy." 

"Hi, I am Kim Yerim, but please call me Yeri. Joy and I are bestfriends since junior high." The others introduced themselves. The classes resumed until the first day of class ended. Yeri and I went back to our dorm. That night all I could think was... Those cold eyes.

*****

Annyeong! Satisakro_chi here. I'm back with a new story and this time, Joy will be the lead! Clap! Haha! I also added our new maknae, Yeri! Sorry for a short chapter here. I am currently gathering ideas for my two new stories and I can't really promise to updated as fast as I did with My Heart because the next coming days, I will be very busy with work and school because of my work in the bank and I will be taking Diploma in Teaching. Please be very patient with me. I'll appreciate if ypu leave your comments. Kamsahamnida yeoreobun!

Love lots,

satisakro_chi