Unveiled Visage

Unveiled Visage
Please log in to read the full chapter

He loved riding around and looking out of the window. It didn't matter if he drove himself, he was driven or if he was using public transport. As long as he could watch the landscapes flashing by and enjoy his music, he was content. It was his favorite pastime. It made him feel alive, unburdened with all the chaos in his life, his own little world.

There was also another reason why he loved to watch the rushing outside pass him by.

Seungri had always been able to see things other people couldn't see. It was most apparent when he was enjoying his trips around the city. He could see glimpses of another world. A world similar to his own but still very different. The buildings and streets were the same but the people and the signs in them different. It was like the streets and the buildings were permanent in both worlds and the people and signs in them were an overlay. Most of the time he could only see his own overlay, but sometimes it was as if the other overlay was more prominent.

At first his discovery of this other world was scaring him, but now it didn’t faze him anymore. He even welcomed it, trying to catch as much glimpses of it as possible. It was kind of like an obsession an itch that needs scratching. Even with his hectic schedule he made time to peruse through the city. He just had to; he wanted to understand what he saw. It resulted in many sleepless nights and his oh-so-famous dark circles around his eyes. His fans so lovingly called them his panda-eyes, heck they even called him a little panda. There were internet memes around the whole world wide net with him depicted as a panda.

Seungri always said during interviews that he couldn't help his dark circles, that he even consulted a plastic surgeon to see if they could be reduced, but he knew better. He knew that it was because of his lack of sleep, because he was straining his eyesight to see another one of his glimpses when he was traipsing through the countryside. This was his little secret, his little guilty pleasure. If his fans knew he was even using public transport to get his little fix they would just faint. He loved his fans but sometimes he wanted a little alone time. Alone time in public that is.

Like today, he just finished another performance at a music show. It was close to midnight. The rest of his band members had left for the dorm. He just said that he wanted to go to his own house instead of going to the dorm. They didn't know about his little obsession, his need to see more of the other world. It was like he longed for it. He was curious to know if the other world could see him. He wanted to be acknowledged by the other world. It was not that he thought the other world was better, but something was calling for him and he needed to find out what it was.

So once again he was waiting for the last bus of the schedule to arrive. He pulled his wide-rimmed fedora a bit further over his eyes and tucked his shawl closer around his neck so he wouldn't be recognized that easily. Fortunately there weren't a lot of people on the last bus and he could settle quite comfortably in the back of the bus. He sighed with content. Some how he felt more alive just being by himself than joining his bandmates on stage and performing for their fans. Don't take it the wrong way, he loved his fans and he loved making music but he felt more comfortable when he could see glimpses, flashes of the other world. It pulled him in somehow. The colors there were different, brighter, and clearer. It was hard to explain but the colors were more alive. He knew that there was something waiting for him there. Not necessary better but something interesting, something worth looking for.

Once again the streets flashed by, once again he tuned out all that happened around him and just drifted away. Seungri noticed that if he didn't look for it, the glimpses would come more frequently. Sometimes he only saw it from the corner of his eyes, and sometimes it was like a full blown HD resolution photo or movie. Today there wasn't much to see and Seungri felt kind of disappointed. The city flew past him and all he could see were the familiar streets and people. It didn't matter which routes he took, there was always something to see, but not today. All was quiet, not a different soul to see.

He sighed again, but now from disappointment. The last bus ride of the day was almost coming to and end and he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Only the familiar streets, familiar sign posts, familiar everything.

The bus pulled up into the bus depot and Seungri had no choice to get off as well. He bowed his head when he passed the bus driver and whished him goodnight. It was only a small trek to his apartment building from here. He slowly walked home. He hoped that he would see something while walking around. To no avail, he reached his building without seeing the other world.

He walked into the lobby and the security guard called him over to the receptionist's desk. "Sir, a package has ar

Please log in to read the full chapter