Entry # 1

Oblivious

Entry # 1

Kris can’t honestly remember how he ended up living with eleven other people. Eleven other weird people. It’s not that he doesn’t like it. It’s just kind of peculiar but he doesn’t say anything about it. Like how he never comments on how Tao can’t seem to understand how to work a toaster, or how Sehun still flinches when the toast pops out. Or how he literally had to explain to Luhan three times how to properly use the washing machine. Kris just laughs when Chanyeol complains about how hot he is, even though it’s the middle of the winter and their heater is broken (he makes a rather warm pillow). He definitely doesn’t comment when Kyungsoo eats with one chopstick and a fork, because the first time he said anything, he got a rather swift kick to the kidney. And for some odd reason the house slightly shook, as if they were in the middle of a minor earthquake.

Kris ultimately decides that his roommates are rather strange but he never goes past that. Never investigates because he never feels the need to. They all paid their part of the rent and never caused any trouble. They’re weird but Kris would never hold that against them. They became his friends and he is quite content. But lately it’s been getting hard to ignore or shrug over. He wouldn’t say anything about the random gusts of wind that hit him like a train whenever Sehun enters a room. Or like how Xiumin is really, really cold and wouldn’t warm up no matter how many times Kris would hold his hand during their movie sessions. And how the hell does Baekhyun turn on the light without getting up from bed? He thinks it’s just his imagination, and it probably is. Nothing to worry about. Everything is normal. Everything is fine.

Okay but seriously how does Suho’s glass of water always stay filled no matter how many times he drinks it?

(End)

“Earth to Kris.” A tanned hand waves in front of his face and he blinks.

“Wha?” Kris’s pen is currently trapped in between his teeth as he stares up at Jongin.

Jongin. The one who makes it to and from the grocery store in record time. Kris is rather jealous of how fast he is. It’s almost as if he teleports. He almost confirmed that suspicion when Lay told him that he bought the wrong coffee brand and appeared two seconds later with the right one. Jongin chuckles and shakes his head, plopping into the seat next to him.

“If you’re going to stare into space while you’re writing in your journal, at least do it at a desk.” Jongin raises an eyebrow, wondering why Kris is sitting on the couch in the first place.

“Baekhyun is at the desk.” Kris yawns and leans back, closing his journal.

Jongin’s mouth forms into an ‘o’ and he shrugs before he grabs Kris’s journal and flings it to the love seat to his right. He hushes Kris’s protest and cuddles into his side, grabbing the remote and turning on the television. Kris grumbles and gives in, wrapping one arm around Jongin. His eyes occasionally glance at his lone journal, hoping that no one who is nosey enough—Chanyeol—would find it and open it. He usually writes all his thoughts on his roommates, and he’s rather embarrassed about certain entries. Kris totally doesn’t write poetry about the softness of Chen’s face or his beautiful singing voice. He also does not admire Xiumin’s abs for a whole page. Absolutely not. It’s easy to ignore their strange habits, but not so much when it comes to their looks.

Kris feels goosebumps on his arm as Jongin slowly drags his fingers up and down the skin. Sometimes, Kris likes to think the feeling is mutual. He blushes when he catches himself openly staring at Jongin when he meant to be looking at his journal but he goes back to watching television like nothing happened. He shivers again, except this time it’s a burst of cold wind.

“Sehun?” Kris calls over his shoulder instinctively.

His guess is correct when the blond male enters the room with a smile, shrugging off his coat. Sehun nods in greeting and makes his way to the kitchen, most likely wanting to raid the fridge. Kris has no idea what Sehun does for a living, and he doesn’t know if he should honestly ask. Sehun could be a drug dealer for all he knows, but Kris brushes that thought aside. Sehun is too nice to be selling drugs in an alley. Who knows?

“Don’t touch my sandwich!” Kyungsoo calls out from his room that he shares with Baekhyun.

Sehun freezes as he walks out of the kitchen, mouth full of bread and ham. Kris shoots him an apologetic glance, knowing that Kyungsoo would show no mercy to the younger male. Jongin cackles as he mumbles something about getting his mobile device and recording Sehun’s demise.

Kris has no idea why all of them refer to their phones as ‘mobile devices’ or ‘small communicators.’ Kris snorts. Weirdos. When Jongin removes himself from his side and disappears out of the living room, Kris practically dives for his journal. He cradles it to his chest and shifts his eyes, searching for anyone. He sighs in relief when he’s the only one in the living room and goes to grab his pen to continue writing.

“Someday, I’m gonna read that thing.”

Kris almost chokes when Luhan enters the room, leaning against the door frame. His eyes are glued to Kris’s journal and slowly travel up to his face. He smirks at Kris’s blush and raises an eyebrow as the taller male repeatedly shakes his head.

“Touch this book and I cut off your fingers.”

Kris could have sworn Luhan just called him a strange human under his breath as he walks to the love seat.

“Rather violent, no?” The kind looking man laughs and sits down, lightly punching Kris’s shoulder.

“I get it from Kyungsoo.” Kris says dryly and sticks out his tongue. Real mature.

“You and Kyungsoo need to be separated for at least a week.” He tsks and folds his legs like a pretzel.

“Separate me from Kris and I will destroy you.” Kyungsoo walks in with his reading glasses, glaring fiercely at Luhan from behind his lenses. Did Kris forget to say that the owl eyed male is rather protective of him?

“You have to learn how to share.” Luhan wags his finger at him, grinning from ear to ear.

“Are you two fighting over Kris again?” Baekhyun brushes past Kyungsoo as he walks in and takes the seat on the other side of Kris.

“Again?” Kris’s eyebrows shoot up to his hairline. This is a regular thing?

“Totally, sometimes I think those two even—“

“Don’t finish that sentence.” Luhan and Kyungsoo say together.

Kris frowns and furrows his eyebrows. Did he say that they fought physically? Or is it something else? He can’t help but remember how he sometimes had this feeling. A feeling that they were hiding something from him. Like there is some plausible explanation as to why Chanyeol is too hot, Xiumin is too cold and wind never seems to affect Sehun. He has so many questions on the tip of his tongue, but he decides to let it go. He is just over analyzing everything.

Kris misses the look that all three share over his shoulder. It almost looks as if they’re worried. Maybe there’s just somethings that Kris isn’t ready to know yet.