Baby Steps

Jesus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

author's note: sorry for the really late update! hope u do enjoy this even though it may be crappy! :)

 

“Jesus Christ! Park Joy, you are no longer able to crush on Seulgi!” shrieks Wendy as slams her desk like a judge uses a gavel to ask for order.  Joy’s face is in sheer agony. Oh dear. “B-But..B-But…” she mumbles. The news that Park Sooyoung had kissed the freshman Kim Yeri spread through the school like a game of telephone. And of course through the course of the day, the information distorted into something despicable. 

 

“You dare betray our holy Seulgi and not only kiss the innocent Yeri, but also…you ask….” Wendy takes in a deep breath as she quickly fans herself, “Y-you ask…Yeri for her…h-hand in m-marriage…?!”

 

Joy’s eyes widen at the unbelievable words leaving Wendy’s mouth. What?! Arms flailing in the air and her eyes wavering, Sooyoung fidgets in her seat, panicking.

 

“Yeri is a child, Park Sooyoung! The girl can barely differentiate a duck from a chicken, an orange from an apple, and a sausage from a !” Wendy clarifies as the Son Mother she is. With her furrowed brows she scolds dear Sooyoung with a continuous shake of her head.

 

“Anyways,” Wendy interjects once again, not giving Sooyoung a chance to redeem herself, “since you have obviously committed to Kim Yeri, you are no longer allowed to have a crush on Kang Seulgi anymore!”

 

Sooyoung gives up. With her hands up in the air, Sooyoung surrenders to Wendy. Jesus Christ, all she wanted was to peacefully live her life owning a chicken farm, but that dream was impossible now that Judge Wendy had declared that Sooyoung be Kim Yeri’s forever babysitter. Holding onto her growling stomach, Sooyoung looks at the older girl who has a wide smile plastered on her face definitely at the fact that now she was one short of a competition for Seulgi. And with goofy smile Wendy stands up as the late bell, alerting the start of lunch, rings.

 

Coincidentally, a small figure emerges from the door quietly, only catching the eyes of Wendy. And upon seeing the ‘intruder’, Wendy sings,

 

“Park Sooyoung, looks like your shy baby is here.”

 

//

 

“WHEN I SCREAM ICE SCREAM, YOU SCREAM ICE CREAM, OKAY?”

 

The cafeteria has turned into a massive ice cream concert thanks to senior queenka Yura sunbae who decided to take this yearly proposal event to another scale. The cafeteria is booming with music and there are stalls of all sorts of ice creams.

 

“Kang Seul.”

 

As Seulgi passes the chaotic cafeteria, a familiar voice calls her attention. With her hands in her pockets, Seulgi twirls around with a small smile developing on her face. She already knows the owner of the voice. “Yura unnie,” says Seulgi softly.

 

From the doors of the cafeteria walks out senior Kim Yura. Her hair is pulled up, evidently showing off a cheeky smile. Approaching Seulgi, Yura immediately wraps her arms around the younger girl. “I prepared ice cream for you,” gently whispers Yura to Seulgi as she nuzzles her nose in the crook of Seulgi’s neck. Seulgi suppresses a devouring snuffle as she stand stiffly.

 

Who is Kim Yura, you may ask, but the person who really wants to ask this is no one else but Bae Joohyun. Joohyun had been heading towards the room that she and Seulgi’s crew eat lunch, when she saw the familiar face of her teddy bear. With her cheeks glowing, Joohyun had planned on catching up with Seulgi…that is until she saw….her. Hiding behind the corner of the hall, Joohyun stealthily eavesdrops the conversation between Yura and Seulgi.  

 

After what seems like a million light years, Yura pulls away from Seulgi. From Joohyun’s point of view, all she sees is the back of Seulgi and the side profile of Yura. Nonetheless, Joohyun wasn’t happy. Not at all.

 

“I haven’t talked to you…for a while…” Yura starts off once again, this time rather carefully.

 

Seulgi nods her head in response but does not send an audible response. Briefly checking the time on her watch, Seulgi realizes how behind she is on lunch. “Unnie, I have friends waiting for me. If this isn’t important,” Seulgi tries to pry away from Yura’s presence, “Maybe we can talk next time?”

 

Upon sensing the younger girl’s lack in interest, Yura starts to fidget around. Her eyes flutter as the seconds fly past her like years; dries up; her hands get clammy. At the robust Yura, Seulgi lets out a small sigh before letting out a quiet, “Bye, unnie.” But it is then that Yura’s senses get to her. Taking in a deep breath, Yura reformulates the words in her mind as soon as Seulgi’s back is partially facing towards herself.

 

“I still like you, Kang Seulgi,” mutters Yura after much hardships. But that isn’t enough to stop Seulgi from walking away. “I…still..like you…K-Kang Seul-“ Yura reiterates her confession once again, loud enough to echo down the hall.

 

But Kang Seulgi never turns around.

 

//

 

Joohyun lets out a long sigh. Her lunch has gotten cold and she wasn’t hungry anymore. After catching Yura and Seulgi’s conversation together, Joohyun lost her appetite. At the last minute, instead of joining Seulgi for lunch, Joohyun decided to just stroll around the school. She just wants to be alone for a while.

 

The solitary Joohyun passes the rowdy halls with her eyes glued onto the floor. However, there is one thing that Joohyun learns as she walks – just how prominent of a figure Kang Seulgi is at this school. There isn’t one hall, no scratch that out, there isn’t one person who does not speak of Kang Seulgi, and it actually scares Joohyun. The typical popular girl Seulgi was, and just what did this girl see in her, Bae Joohyun?

 

“Why…do…you like me…Kang Seulgi..?” murmurs Joohyun under her breath as she sticks her hands into her pockets with puckered lips. As Joohyun’s shoulders slump gloomily, an unknown arm sneakily wraps around Joohyun and pulls her into a side hug. By the scent and by the warmth, Joohyun already knows who it is – her guilty pleasure.

 

“Lunch is ending soon, Bae. Are you going to starve your girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter