Extra Chapter 2

I Don't Want to Fall

It all started with a phone call.

Hyukjae mumbled a sleepy hello as he answered the call, lightly blinking his eyes at the sudden light.

"Hyukjae I need your help right now."

--

Lee Hyukjae is a simple college student living a very simple life. After that very stressing finals week, they are finally (FINALLY) on a break, and honestly all he want do to right now is to go back to bed and sleep.

But honestly after his boyfriend's (yes, yes. thank you very much) editor called him, asking for his help, Hyukjae kind of knew he is going to get his sleep later.

(Preferably at his boyfriend's house, but sshh. Don't tell Donghae that)

As he entered the password and let himself in, he assessed the situation of the apartment.

Hyukjae wanted to cry, the apartment was as clean as ever, despite his absence for weeks. He thanked all the gods that Donghae did not go back to his old messy self and managed to retain the spotlessness of his apartment.

He was about to greet his boyfriend when he sensed something tense between the editor and the author.

Choi Siwon was sitting on the sofa, his face sombre. His suit as spotless as ever, as his hands were held in front of him. His stance showed that he might punch the author any minute now.

The said author, his boyfriend (seriously he is going to use this word until we’re all sick of it) was staring back while fiddling with his broken phone. (to think that it was the latest model, Hyukjae deadpanned).

"Uhm." all the greetings died on his throat as he felt growing tension between the two male. He swore he saw a flash of lightning between them.

"Hyukjae please help Donghae." Siwon finally said as he first broke eye contact and looked straight at Hyukjae.

The college student tilted his head slightly and finally walked towards the author, sitting beside him.

"What's wrong?" he asked. He noted the author's tense shoulders and the slight twitch on the other’s forehead. He wanted to smooth away the slight crinkle on his forehead, because his boyfriend looked very tired.

"I don't need any help, just give me more time." Donghae sneered as he narrowed his eyes at his bestfriend and threateningly glared at him. Apparently both male did not answer his question and his boyfriend even refuses to look at him.

"You're deadline is 3 days from now, and you haven't even started a single page yet!!" Siwon shouted angrily, hands going up in exasperation.

"I told you I just need more time." Donghae said exasperatedly as he straightened his body, he did not shout or screamed any profanities but Hyukjae felt icy and quite scared of the man in front of him.

The same can be said with the editor, and truthfully its really creeping Hyukjae out.

He cleared his throat as an icy silence surrounded the room. Both men turned to him, tense gazes were now directed towards him.

He held his hands up.

"Can you please tell me what is happening first?" he asked as he tried (and failed) to ease the tension.

His boyfriend shook his head and directed a stiff smile towards Hyukjae, "It’s nothing really Hyukjae. You should actually be resting right now, you just got off from your school."

As usual Hyukjae can't help but be flattered at how thoughtful Donghae is for his studies. The author was even the one who told him that the student doesn't need to worry about him. Thus for two weeks the two of them only exchanged phone calls and text messages.

(And Hyukjae, amidst all of his school works, kinda missed him.

 

Okay, maybe a lot)

"He can help you Donghae. You've been like this for weeks!" the author looked like he wanted to break the table or maybe bang his head against the wall.

"I don't need help. I told you I’m fine and I can finish that ing deadline. Okay?"

Hyukjae was now genuinely confused, because, again, nobody bothered to tell him what’s going on.

What could Donghae need help with?

Hyukjae gasped as he thought of the only possible thing that could be happening to his boyfriend.

"Ohmygod Donghae. Are you sick?"

--

Turns out the author had a ing author's block and cannot write a single plot for two weeks.

Hyukjae kind of wanted to crawl into a cave as the two actually laughed at his poorly made assumption.

["Well sorry, I've only gotten 3 hours of sleep because of that ing exam. And you should have just told me!"]

At least, he made the tension from both males go away and made both of them laugh (at the expense of his pride). Hyukjae was very close to calling Kyuhyun and have him face Siwon instead.

Anyway, that’s why Siwon decided to call him at this time of the day. He believes that only Hyukjae can cure Donghae's author's block. How he managed to come up to that conclusion, Hyukjae doesn't want to know.

As the two finished settling the terms, Donghae got an extension of one week with a promise of a full draft by that time, they bade the editor goodbye.

They were now eating at the dining table, the author getting his 3rd share of rice.

While Hyukjae was chastising Donghae as he saw numerous packs of instant ramyun and left over take-outs in the garbage.

"I told you to order healthy food, and I clearly hid your stock of ramen didn't I?" Hyukjae nagged while after the author went back to his seat in front of Hyukjae.

The author grumbled lowly, his lips forming a little pout as he put down his rice bowl and stared at Hyukjae, with those warm wide brown eyes that were staring deep into his soul. And Hyukjae swore his knees felt like jelly and his insides were all a mess.

"I wanted ramen and also Ikindofmissedyourcooking."

Hyukjae tried to ignore the garbled words (even if he understood fully) and blamed the heat for the blush on his cheeks.

“Uhm. Just don’t do it again. I-I will just cook for you okay?” he said rather bashfully as he focused solely on his bowl of rice and refused to look at the author.

There was a little awkward silence as he felt his cheeks brighten up even more.

He felt the author’s smug smile as he knew what would be happening next.

“I didn’t just missed your cooking Hyukjae, I missed you so much.” Gods how the author can actually shift from a childish boy to this handsome charming male is beyond Hyukjae. Because seriously now the author is smirking at him, smoldering gaze directed at him while he refused to look at anywhere but him.

“Didn’t you miss me?” the author continued as his voice went an octave lower, and Hyukjae felt shivers down his spine. And it’s not really good for his sanity.

“Hyukjae, I missed you very much, did you miss me?” the author went on and on as he felt his face lighting up into a vibrant red and his manly pride broken down into pieces as he blushed like a school girl.

He was torn between answering the question or ignoring the man in front of him but as he glanced at his boyfriend, he just wished he kept his mouth shot.

“Of course I missed my boyfriend you idiot.” He swore he just wants to dig his grave because gods he shouldn’t have said that. HE SHOULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT.

He focused on the bowl in his hands and made sure to eat every single grain in it, trying to divert all his embarrassment on the tedious task. There was a meaningful silence as the author did not make any statement after that, but the younger male felt something different from the author.

And he actually thinks he made the wrong decision to check his boyfriend’s expression because there he saw a wide radiating smile, decorating the other’s handsome face. And that smile was directed straight at him

Hyukjae inwardly wept at his boyfriend’s perfection.

(He vowed to never tell Donghae that he actually fell a little more in love as he saw that handsome smile on his face.

 

So naturally he said it accidentally later, causing a smug smile on the authors face. While the student punched the author in the gut)

And yeah all was well.

END

--

“So we’re finally boyfriends huh?”

“SHUT UP.”


A/N: OKAY. OMG. I'm sorry okay, please understand. This is so incoherent i can't even.

And well, I'm finally back. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Again, I made this as a thank you to everyone who read this. OMG. you are all the best. I love you guys. <3 <3 <3 *sends virtual hugs* 

Anyway, please understand this incoherence I made an hour ago. orz.

 

I'm thinking of making a sequel, but,don't expect too much please. ^.^V 

ANYWAY THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D *bows*

Oh and happy anniversary ELFS!! <3 <3 

*runs*