FINAL

I Don't Want to Fall

Lee Hyukjae did not ask for this. He definitely did not.

But somehow here he was in the hospital, completely fine but is accompanying an injured stranger who, apparently, had saved him from falling the damned staircase (it was completely unintended though, blame Hyukjae’s clumsy feet)

--

"You just need to rest Mr. Lee, but please don't strain your right hand most especially, for the time being. It needs to be fully recovered." The doctor was writing something on the board he was holding while the nurse was fixing the cast on the man’s right arm. The stranger looked fairly annoyed, Hyukjae noted (he was trying to blend in with the cream colored walls or so he hoped).

The man pursed his lips before speaking.

"But doctor, I'm a writer. Does that mean I cannot write for the time being?" his forehead slightly crinkled and his mouth set on a frown. The doctor nodded and smiled apologetically.

"Prolonged exposure on any kinds of work cannot be allowed, Mr. Lee. I'm very sorry but you have to take a break." The doctor tried to reassure the patient but Hyukjae noted the slight twitch on the stranger's forehead. Frustration most probably.

"But I have a freaking deadline!" he shouted as his right arm twitched. The man groaned in pain and sighed exasperatedly.

"I'm sorry Mr. Lee, but if you want to recuperate faster then you would have to rest." the doctor proceeded to remind him of the needed medications and left. Leaving a very annoyed man.

"Hey, you."

Hyukjae jumped slightly as the attention was now turned towards him. The man's eyes looked very deadly, glaring through his soul.

Hyukjae questioned the gods yet again if he did anything bad in his past life and cursed him with bad luck.

"You’re that unmindful guy earlier in the train station right? Not even looking at the steps." The stranger said the last sentence quietly, more to himself than to Hyukjae, but he looked and sound fairly annoyed. And this time it was directed at Hyukjae.

“What’s your name?” the male asked catching Hyukjae off-guard. “Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae.” the stranger nodded.

“Age?”

Hyukjae didn’t know why they were playing 20 questions, but decided to just go on with it.

“21”

“Tss. College boy then?”

Again Hyukjae fought the urge to not inflict any bodily harm on the other.

“Yes.”

“Course?”

“Performing Arts.”

The male looked at him questioningly, the same expression Hyukjae gets everytime he tell people his course.

“I know I may not look like it but..”

“No. I was just surprised that someone as uncoordinated as you are is in performing arts. “ the male smiled charmingly (not that Hyukjae was impressed. No. Absolutely not)

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and tried not to pout in reply.

"Look, I'm very sorry for what happened earlier. I was distracted and I just happened to miss a step. I’m quite used to tripping out of thin air you know, so you did not even have to interfere. Just. Ugh. I’m sorry." he said quietly, biting his lips as his voice slightly shook.

Ugh. Why did he even had to interfere? Then I would not have to deal with a very grumpy writer.

The man who listened to his rambling only tsked in reply and Hyukjae, again, fought the urge to increase the other man's injury. I’m sure I can injure your left hand even more.

"Well no use on dwelling over that but, see, now I have a very big problem." He lifted his slightly casted left hand and pointed at his casted arm and narrowed his eyes at Hyukjae.

"I have a deadline in three weeks and seeing that I got this injury by saving you, I certainly need something in return." the other man smirked and Hyukjae tried to stop the groan of exasperation that was threatening to escape.

Just why did this happen to him?

--

Hyukjae checked again the piece of paper containing the address of the stranger gave the other day (apparently named Lee Donghae). He looked up at the tall, posh looking building in front of him then back at the piece of paper.

He took a deep breath and hoped that this Donghae is not joking with him.

As he entered the building, he immediately wanted to run away from it. Feeling out-of-place amidst tuxedo-clad males, his polo shirt and slightly tattered jeans stood out very different. (thankfully no one blinked at his attire)

I think this guy forgot to remind me of a dress code.

He sighed heavily and approached the receptionist.

“Excuse me, but is there a guy named Lee Donghae living here?” he smiled charmingly at the receptionist and the girl smiled sweetly in return.

“That would be in 27b sir.” She said gesturing towards the elevator. He thanked her and scratched his nape. So he does live here, he thought.

While waiting for the elevator another man clad in tuxedo waited beside him, his phone on his ear. The man was taller than him, Hyukjae noted and again felt very out-of-place.

As they got in the elevator, the man pressed 27 and continued talking.

The ride was eerily quiet, where are those elevator music when you need it?

“HAE! Your deadline is in 3 weeks! And you’re telling me you still have nothing?!” Hyukjae jumped and scooted closer the corner willing himself not to be noticed.

“Why did you even got hurt? As far as I know you barely even go out of that place and when you do you get injuries?” Hyukjae’s throat dried, wishing that this guy is not somehow connected with that Lee Donghae.

The elevator dinged and Hyukjae slowed his steps and walked slowly the male. And sure enough he stopped in front his most dreaded door. 27b.

The door opened and the stranger came out, arms still casted but he was not looking at the man in front of his door.

He was looking directly at Hyukjae.

“There you are. I thought I had to find you myself.” He smirked and Hyukjae internally facepalmed as both Donghae and the male in the elevator was looking at him directly.

Hyukjae walked towards the door, looking at the floor, refusing to make any eye contact, biting his lips.

“So, lets get started shall we?”

As the three of them settled inside the condominium, (and as soon as Hyukjae got over the shock of this very high-class looking apartment) Donghae turned towards Hyukjae his eyes crinkling again.

“Ah this is Lee Hyukjae. The person I saved the other day. Hyukjae this is Siwon my editor.” The man named Siwon bowed politely and turned towards Donghae.

“So what are you going to do with that injury now?” the male asked referring to the cast on the other’s arm. Donghae smiled playfully and turned his head towards Hyukjae.

“Don’t worry Siwon-ah. There’s a reason why he’s here."

--

"I have a deadline in three weeks and seeing that I got this injury by saving you, I certainly need something in return." the other man smirked and Hyukjae tried to stop the groan of exasperation that was threatening to escape.

“What is it then?” Hyukjae said in between his teeth as the other’s smirk widened, eyes now glinting mischievously.

“Be my slave. You’ll become my right hand, literally, until I heal.” The way the author said it felt like he had stepped into a typical romance novel his sister usually reads, Hyukjae winced at that thought. Gods no, please, he shuddered with disgust.

“So what do you say? Or do I need to threaten you?” the stranger’s smile looked like he was enjoying the current situation. His brown eyes crinkling.

This writer likes to dramatize things, he thought wryly.

Ah. To hell with this.

“Fine. Only until you heal.”

“Deal.”

--

Hyukjae observed the fancy apartment, there was a painting perched on one the walls greeting the guests as they make their way in. The other side is a glass window overlooking the city of Seoul. Pristine colors decorating the walls, unlike Hyukjae’s in the dorm.

It was the epitome of a bachelors pad. And Hyukjae is at awe, just how rich is this guy?

Siwon and Donghae were talking, most probably for the book this guy is going to write. He chose not to intrude and kept observing the apartment.

“So basically he’s going to help you until you recover?” Siwon asked incredulously his eyebrows perched upwards. Hyukjae flinched as he realized that the object of the conversation is now directed at, or is him.

Donghae nodded as he smiled playfully, Hyukjae is now starting to hate that smile.

“Apparently I cannot strain my hand, and I need to submit that draft in three weeks, don’t I?” he replied as the editor’s eyebrows rise even higher. Siwon must think that this situation is very absurd (like Hyukjae) or very amusing (like Donghae) since he laughed as a response.

“I’m sorry, Hyukjae-ssi but are you sure about this? You look like you’re in college.” Siwon looked apologetic but he and Donghae shared a look Hyukjae can’t figure out.

“No. I-its alright. It’s my fault that he became injured. Besides it’s just three weeks. I can still catch up with my school work.” He replied still figuring out the way the two share a look.

“He’s studying Performing Arts at Seoul University.” The author said with another smirk this time directed at the editor, who apparently looked at him with wide eyes.

“How did you know?” I cannot remember telling him my school, Hyukjae thought.

“Lucky guess, that was the closest university offering performing arts. Besides it’s near the train stop where we met.” Donghae shrugged casually but he smiled even wider as the editor stuttered incoherently.

Siwon looked like a fish out of water as he composed himself. “Th-then you happen to know Kyuhyun?”

Hyukjae looked at the editor as he heard the name of his friend. “Yes, he’s my friend.” He said slowly, as he see the way the editor’s eyebrows rise even higher.

“What a small world then, Kyuhyun is a very good friend of Siwon’s.” Donghae remarked as he watched the taller male redden in response, eyes looking at anywhere but the two of them.

“I guess you need to take your leave then?” the author asked after a moment of pointed silence. Eyes still sparkling with mischief and mouth turned up slightly, another smirk.

And they both watched as Siwon nodded and made his way out of the room (but not without bumping on the unsuspecting wall in the hallway, nearly shattering Donghae’s frame.

As they both heard the door close, another empty silence surrounded the room. Frankly Hyukjae was not sure what he needs to do but he is certain that he is not initiate a conversation.

It wasn’t until a small rumble was heard throughout the room that Hyukjae looked up and stared at the author. Who would have thought that the smirking author earlier is now reduced to this wide-eyed male whose stomach just rumbled out of hunger.

“I’m hungry. Can you cook?”

--

“I don’t think I can do this anymore”

“Well if you just do it faster then you can actually catch up!”

“Do you actually think someone can take in everything you tell them in one go? And for god’s sake stop speaking so incoherently!”

“Why did I even have to be injured?! Then I can actually do this without your ing help!”

“I did not ask for you to save me in the first place!”

“Ugh. Stop. Just type faster please! Before my inspiration leaves.”

Hyukjae grumbled as he begrudgingly pressed the keys with more force than needed.

As soon as they both finished the breakfast (which consisted of spoonfeeding – much to Hyukjae’s chagrin- and an argument regarding Donghae’s food stock - egg,tuna and instant noodles) they started working for the draft.

Apparently Donghae is a romance novelist, a popular one at that. The kinds of books Hyukjae’s sister buys and pines for in weeks. He feels his forehead wrinkled with irritation, eyes glaring through the unsuspecting monitor.

“She cried softly as words evaded her, she wanted to call out to him, to pull him back and keep him by her side. But she cannot make herself do it. Because she knew she had to let go, because she knew she had to save them both from the pain.” Hyukjae repressed another urge to shudder. Just let me get through this alive and crime-free.

“As the back was slowly leaving her sight, she watched the cherry blossoms fall around her. She felt the soft wind enveloping her, the warmth of the ending spring. But inside she felt nothing, no sort of coldness or hurt, but her eyes are still crying. Her heart is still longing for the person she just let go. But she felt nothing. Lifeless, as if nothing mattered anymore.”

Hyukjae stopped midway as he heard the other's voice fade, he looked at his side and he saw the author staring outside the window lost in his own thoughts.

He can't help but stare at the author, his face is not etched with a smirk or decorated with mischief in his eyes. It looked serene and peaceful, as if he got lost in his own world.

He notes the slight tussle of brown hair, messily covering his forehead but not enough to hide those warm brown eyes. At least it is warm now, he mused. Hyukjae admits that this guy is handsome, not to mention loaded considering the fancy apartment he has.

Suddenly the author looked directly at him, gaze looking through his soul.

The room suddenly warmed up. (And no he's not blushing whatsoever)

The author gave a tiniest of smiles and snorted. The same playfulness now back on those orbs.

"I guess were done for now." the author commented as Hyukjae tried to collect himself back from his odd trance.

"Now do you want to have dinner?"

--

Their routine became like that, Hyukjae going to Donghae's apartment in the morning up until afternoon. He does everything that Donghae tells him to (sometimes even those things he is not ordered to do).

From typing the manuscript

Donghae noticed that the student has finally been adapting to his speed and can actually catch up with everything he says (at least most of it).Hands almost flying across the keys of his laptop. Although the keyboard definitely needs a break or it will break someday Donghae is sure of it, since, apparently, the younger tends to pour out all his frustration towards the innocent object.

To buying groceries

Hyukjae was a little reluctant when he asked the older if he can buy some supplies for the apartment, which is almost empty save for the expired canned of peas and cup noodles.However the author looked possibly delighted when the  younger stuttered the question, agreeing without any hesitation at all. He almost missed the twinkle on the other’s eyes if not for the small request in return. That is, for Hyukjae to cook a decent full course meal for both of them. (And that Donghae can tag along the shopping)

To cooking

Hyukjae noted how the author nearly cried out of bliss that one time Hyukjae cooked a proper meal for lunch, complete with side dishes, soup and warm rice. As they settled in the kitchen, the author looked like he can bounce off his seat anytime. Hyukjae quietly warned Donghae that it is not the best food in the world because, come on he’s only learned it himself after living on his own, and he had only cooked for himself for the last 4 years. But the author seemed definitely happy as he thanked for the meal and gulped one bowl of rice in a flash ignoring Hyukjae’s warning (Donghae has a very big appetite so it seemed, since he managed to finish 5 bowls of rice in one sitting to which he vehemently denied later on)

Cleaning up the apartment

Apparently the writer is very messy  when it comes to his apartment and tends to throw away things that are not needed. It irritates Hyukjae to no end especially whenever he slides on clothes that are messily thrown down the floor. But when he found another misplaced (thankfully-not-used) sock on the kitchen one day, he decided that this apartment really does need to be cleaned. (Thankfully Donghae was showering and when he came out the apartment was already half-cleaned and he shouted how it looks like heaven right now)

And even doing the laundry

As much as he is a messy person in the apartment Donghae also at laundry big time. The poor man had to rely on the laundromat when he has absolutely nothing to wear. Which to Hyukjae’s opinion is impractical and very expensive, when he told that to the author Donghae only shrugged and said he can afford it. (Making Hyukjae roll his eyes and whisper something like rich brats easily throwing off money) (making Donghae reply that Hyukjae is just a cheapskate, and the younger male was ready to break the other’s neck)

Hyukjae wondered why the other even bothered buying a washing machine if he doesn't even know how to use it.

All in all both of them had easily adjusted to this kind of life, just a week after the incident.

Not counting the instances where Hyukjae is close to giving Donghae yet another injury and Donghae smirking triumphantly at an irritated Hyukjae, you can say that they have also become closer than ever.

Hyukjae felt like this wasn't the situation he had dreaded when the author asked him to be his slave, he felt very thankful for it anyway. It’s like he had found something to take his mind off the university, what with the upcoming finals and all.

The author also sees to it that Hyukjae doesn't forget his school work and thus let him leave the apartment for practice.

He had initially asked Donghae if he could leave after dinner but after stating the reason, the author immediately agreed and said that he even could leave before sun down.

Therefore in the day Hyukjae becomes Donghae's slave or helper (seriously he can't think of better words to describe this situation) and at night he still has the chance to fulfill his duties as a student.

He had also changed his opinion about the older guy ("you're actually 28?!"), he may look (and act) like a douchebag sometimes (most of the time when Hyukjae is irritated) but sometimes he also acts like a little kid that needs to be pampered. Not that Hyukjae indulges him, okay, maybe sometimes. But that’s not the point.

Hyukjae actually thinks that he had misjudged this guy as an A grade when in fact he’s just an immature writer who doesn’t know how to take care of himself and always manages to get on Hyukjae’s nerves. But he’s also kind and caring and understanding that manages to confuse Hyukjae to no end.

Sometimes the mischievous twinkle in the author’s eyes leaves whenever he gets engrossed with narrating the story inside his head. And Hyukjae may not be a literary person but the way the author use words to describe even the simplest of details takes him to the world the author is in. The way his smooth voice speaks words that are simple yet used very intricately to form a world that is different from theirs.

He also cannot ignore the racing heartbeats he feel whenever the author is around. He doesn’t when it started. Maybe somewhere between realizing how the older male have incredibly long lashes or when he saw that wide contented smile after he goppled down 6 bowls of rice.

Hyukjae didn’t knew what was happening until he realized that he actually fallen for Lee Donghae.

--

A crush maybe it was just a crush.

Hyukjae told himself that a thousand times. They are nearly halfway the second week and he knew that anytime now Donghae’s arm will heal and their deal will be over.

He knew that after this the author will probably move on with his life and forget him altogether. After all Donghae only needed him because of his deadline and they wouldn’t probably ended up like this if only he had been careful not to fall.

If only he had been careful not to fall.

He’s torn between cursing or thanking this clumsy feet for being actually putting him in this situation. But upon realizing that there is no use dwelling in the past, Hyukjae figured out that he just needs to get this thing done with. He will move on with as life as will Donghae and it will be nothing but a memory buried in deepest untouched part of his mind.

Whoa. Donghae has been rubbing off on me.

As he let himself inside the apartment he was greeted by Donghae’s figure lying on the couch. The TV was playing some sort of a documentary but the author’s eyes are closed. He put his things on the unoccupied seat and crouched down towards Donghae.

“Donghae.” (yes the author refused to be called Hyung whatsoever) “Wake up. I’ll reheat the food.”  He nudged the other’s shoulders but the author only grumbled in reply.

Realizing that more attempts are futile he proceeded on preparing the food and setting up the table.

After getting it done he went back to the older male and nudged him more forcefully.

“Donghae. Wake up.” But the older male pouted and Hyukjae’s gaze zeroed on those thin lips.

He felt the room heaten up. Hyukjae gulped and willed the blush away.

No. Focus Lee Hyukjae. Focus!

He shook his head forcefully and regained his composure. Gods this guy really makes things very difficult!

“LEE DONGHAE! WAKE UP!” he forcefully shoved the author to the floor and the unsuspecting male was pulled as well.

“Hyukjae! Why did you have to push me down!” the author whined not realizing the predicament they are in. Hyukjae’s eyes widened as the author rolled around the floor.

“D-do-nng-hhhh-nngg-aa-ee. Nnngggh” he muttered incoherently as felt himself being squished by the other’s body. The foot of the table is digging on his hips as he shields the right arm from being hit.

“Don’t you have any respect for your hyung? Ughhh. I can barely even sleep because of you.  Now you’re waking me up? Ungrateful kid.” The older continued to ramble until he heard a particularly painful whine behind him.

“Hyukjae?” Finally! Hyukjae thought as the older stopped rambling and moving altogether. He managed to reply a loud shudder and a soft groan.

“I c-c-c-an-t b-bre-a-aathe.” He groaned as the other gasped and immediately jumped away from him.

“. I’m sorry, Hyukjae. I didn’t notice.” To which was replied by a pitiful groan and a loud howl.

 

They were both sitting at the kitchen table, Hyukjae’s one hand was nursing his hurting hips and the other feeding Donghae. The older male reluctantly agreed when Hyukjae snapped at him, making Donghae pout a little as he stares at the younger male, evaluating the situation. His eyes were wide and mouth perused slightly. The older male had already apologized many times however he knew that the other is still in a very bad mood.

“Uhm. Does it still hurt?” Donghae asked quietly. Not even thinking of making any biting remark. He noted a slight twitch in the eyes and a slight wrinkle in the forehead. Besides Hyukjae was not even looking at him, eyes casted at anywhere but Donghae.

Yep. Still very annoyed.

“If you want maybe we can skip the manuscript and you can go home for today.” The author said after a long moment of loaded silence. Hyukjae looked directly at Donghae while offering another spoonful of side dish.

“I’m fine. Okay. I just need to relax this for a few minutes then it’s going away. “ he said as he picked up another spoonful of rice and directed it at the older’s mouth, silently not letting him reply.

“B-bbbussh Shhyukzhaae.” The older spoke with his mouth full.

“Besides. Isn’t your editor coming today? We need to finish at least 6 pages for today.” Hyukjae replied calmly, pushing a glass of water towards the author. “And please, don’t talk when your mouth is full.”

Donghae watched as the younger sent him a reassuring smile and another spoonful of side dish to shut him up.

 

After breakfast they settled on their usual seat, Hyukjae perched on the sofa with his legs crossed and the laptop above it, facing Donghae who was seating across him. The older male still looked unsure as they both sat, ready for the work. But as Hyukjae threatened him ( with a very horrifying “I will not cook dinner for you”) he sighed and looked towards the window. Signaling Hyukjae to start typing.

It never fails to amaze Hyukjae how the older male can put very simple things into a beautiful heap of words. Words that makes him feel part of the world Donghae created. Words that can describe even a single piece of wood into a beautiful sonnet.

He is not even bothered by the melodramatic events that happen within the story, he is more mesmerized with how he can imagine everything the author wanted to say. Even the smallest trivial thing which makes it look more real. Now he knows why people love to read his books.

“The girl stared directly at the eyes of her lover, eyes seeking for forgiveness from those deep brown orbs. The male smiled charmingly, eyes crinkling with happiness. She tries to appreciate everything she sees. His messy hair tussled into a tuff of brown heap, those deep brown orbs sparkling, that pale skin which makes him look fragile but still ever so beautiful.

She also took in the way his lips turned up happily, uncaring of the small wrinkles forming in his eyes and of the slight gums that appear. She also noticed those pink plump lips. Lips that always speak the truth, lips managed to bring her happiness and hope. Lips that told her he loves her.

She leaned closer, taking small sure steps. Eyes never leaving that beautiful face. Until they are as close as possible, where her breath mixes with his. “

Hyukjae widened his eyes as he remembers the same way he looked at Donghae’s lips earlier. Again, he felt the room heaten up. His fingers slightly shaking.

What are you doing? He asked her as his eyes observed her face. She closed her eyes as she felt him scrutinizing her, fearing that he will finally see her faults and her imperfections. But then he felt a warm hand cup her cheek which made her flutter her eyes open.

You’re very beautiful he whispered as he lessened the gap between their faces”

Hyukjae gulped as his fingers missed some keys which messes up with his typing. It doesn’t help that the author’s face is casted with the soft light from the window making him looked ethereal or that Donghae’s voice become infinitesimally lower making him imagine the way the man speaks with passion and love.

Love.

His heart stuttered.

“She also felt his arm wrap around his waist, completely enveloping her in his arms. As she felt his breath on her lips she whispered

I love you.”

Hyukjae stopped typing altogether which was noticed by the author, as he stopped talking and looked confusedly at Hyukjae.

He cannot control his thundering heartbeats , or the blush on his cheeks. He tried to laugh it off and say that he is actually not feeling well but it came short on his lips.

Hyukjae looked down on the floor as he felt the author scrutinize him. Closing his eyes slowly, trying to regain his emotions in fear of blubbering something he should not and can never say.

“Hyukjae are you..”

They both jumped as the both heard the doorbell ring.

Hyukjae jumped and ran towards the door, thanking all the gods for such a wonderful timing.

“Siwon-ssi. Please come in.” he said as he opened the door and was greeted with the editor.

“Thank you Hyukjae-ssi.” Siwon said politely and made his way towards the living room, greeting a (very grumpy) Donghae.

Apparently getting up abruptly was a very bad idea. For it brought back the pain on Hyukjae’s hips making him curl and wince in pain.

“Hyukjae are you alright? Does it still hurt?” Donghae immediately went by Hyukjae’s side and examined the hurting hip. The younger male only shook his head and smiled softly but it look more like a wince of pain.

“D-don’t worry Donghae. I’ll be fine. I just need to relax again.” He reassured the worried author as he limped towards the kitchen to get some ice.

They both noticed Siwon’s raised eyebrows almost as if he was witnessing something extraordinary.

“Are you perhaps….?” he didn’t finish his sentence and pointed at both of them, then at Hyukjae’s hip.

The two immediately blushed in response.

“N-no it’s not what you think!”

“OI! Choi Siwon stop blubbering some nonsense.!”

The editor only narrowed his eyes, obviously not believing them.

“Siwon-ah. I know what you’re thinking. I’m not like you okay?” the author commented while the unbelieving editor spluttered in response.

“I won’t even do something like that to him.” The author continued seriously and maybe Hyukjae was just imagining it but he may have heard a quiet “yet.”

He looked directly at Donghae obviously shocked with what he heard. His mind refusing to make any coherent thought as he tried to stammer a response.

Why did he even have to stutter like this? He looks like a high school girl with a crush, he shuddered at that thought.

The author looked at him skeptically, his eyes narrowing infinitesimally. They both looked at each other for a long time, as if they are not willing to lose the staring contest

“Can you stop that?” they both jumped as they both realized that they were not alone. Donghae broke the intense stare first and Hyukjae had to look down as he realized that he was being taken over by his emotions. Again.

He stammered an excuse to go to the kitchen and ran.

--

After that fateful incident Hyukjae started to distance himself away from Donghae.

He realized that he should not let himself be taken away by these emotions. And that there is no way that he could fall in love with the older man.

Not because he is older or because he is a male, but because he is Lee Donghae.

And that he is not supposed to fall in love with a person that only needs him because he is injured.

He is not supposed to fall in love with a person he is not sure he will be able to see after this stupid deal is over.

He is not supposed to fall in love with a person whose eyes sparkle when he smiles, showing the slightly crooked teeth. He is not supposed to love the man who can eloquently put beautiful images into words.

He is not supposed to fall in love with Lee Donghae.

So he chose to shut himself from all these emotions until the other heals.

Donghae’s cast on his left arm has been completely removed. Which promptly enabled him to eat on his own (albeit a little messy but Hyukjae is still thankful nonetheless)

They are now in the last day of the third week and tomorrow they are going to the hospital to check if the arm is fully healed.

Which means that their deal is finally over.

He doesn’t know if he should be happy or not.

 

 

Donghae notices him distancing himself away. Their playful banter is now replaced with heavy silence. Hyukjae still does every chore inside the apartment but without the nagging he usually does.

Donghae felt the growing tension, and he doesn’t like it one bit.

He knew that keeping the younger male with him was selfish, but he doesn’t want Hyukjae to leave him.

He doesn’t want to let go of this wonderful person who managed to make his world even brighter.

He doesn’t want to let go of this person who makes his heart beat thunderously inside his ribcage.

He doesn’t want to let go of Lee Hyukjae, who he has fallen in love with.

“We need to talk.” He said as Hyukjae gathers their plates and quietly turns his back on Donghae.

“Why?” the younger replied as he continued to arrange their used plates and bowls. Clearly not wanting any conversation, but Donghae has enough of it.

He grabbed Hyukjae and dragged him towards the living room, ignoring Hyukjae’s protests.

They sat at their usual places, facing each other. But Hyukjae is looking down, refusing any eye contact.

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

Hyukjae jumped at the sudden coldness and tried to form a coherent response.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” But he heard the older male slam the table in anger.

Hyukjae looked up and saw frustration on those deep brown orbs. It pained him to see that in those normally warm eyes.

Why are you being like this?

There was no hint of playfulness or gentleness on that handsome face, only frustration and anger.

Did I cause that?

“Hyukjae. Please. Answer me.” He noticed something hidden behind that anger, and he gasped as he figured out what it was.

Pain

Hyukjae didn’t know what to say, his emotions were whirling inside his head and his mind is a mess. The only thing he knows is that he wanted to bring back the smile on that handsome face.

So he blurted out the only coherent thing inside his mind.

“I love you.”

He didn’t know what happened next. But the only thing he remembered was those soft thin lips against his.

And a soft murmur of “I love you too. You idiot”

 

End

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes towards the morning light. He slightly panicked realizing that he was not in his apartment but upon realizing where he was he immediately relaxed.

Donghae wanted him to stay the night (after the *ehem* kissing) and so here he was on Donghae’s bed, clutching the soft sheets.

He was almost afraid that this is all just a dream, but upon seeing some bitemarks on his wrist and arms (don’t ask) he prayed to gods that this not just a horrible nightmare awaiting.

But as the shower stopped and the author got out of the bathroom eyes smiling warmly at Hyukjae he knew that this is anything but.

Although he did notice something very different on Donghae.

“Your arms are healed.” He pointed blankly at the uncasted right arm which was perfectly healed.

“Crap.” Donghae said, the smile left his face as Hyukjae’s face turned into sour.

“YOU BASTARD! DON'T EVEN COME NEAR ME OR I'M GOING TO BREAK YOUR ARM AGAIN!!!"

 


A/N: my failed attempt at one shot. bruh. i know this is a little incoherent and dragging. please bear with me.

but congratulations if you made it this far!! *throws confetti* *hugs all of you* *cries*

anyway this was supposed o be for Hyukjae's brithday but obviously I didn't make it. bruh. I tried. 

SO UHH. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY OLD MAN!. <3 <3 hihi love you. <3 

and uhm thank you my dear reader for reading this!!!! ^^V i really do appreaciate it. <3 <3 

 

so uhhh. BYE!

*runs*