Chapter 02: Love's A Game, Wanna Play?

Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Unbetaed and unchecked since it;s almost 2AM here and I'm so sleepy.

So forgive my English and fail attempt of writing something sensible.

 

***

 

Sehun is not someone who wishes for unwanted attention from anybody at school. He only wants to study hard, gets some top notch grades and graduates with flying scores so he could get a nice job and has a nice living. All has been prepared well ever since day one and Sehun is determined to achieve it without any major obstacles. So he does what has been planned, being a very good pupil for the teachers eventhough its does not goes the same with the other students who see him as the teacher's pet. Not that Sehun really mind that though, he is not attending that school to make friends. He ignores all the innuendos here and there, the intentional shoves along the corridor and the hush whispers and hateful glances. It's not like Sehun is a weirdo nerd with thick glasses and braces, with pimples on his face and all that. In honesty, he thinks his feature is acceptable. He wears a pair of glasses but not to the extent that it will be mistaken as the bottom of a beer bottle and he absolutely has no acnes. He frowns a lot, yeah but other than that he is okay (he guess) because he gets some mysterious love letters stuck in between the gap in his locker. He ignores it by the way, thinking that they might be some pranks from the school jocks and stupid basketball team.

 

Bottom line is Sehun never wish for attentions at all when he is still enrolls in Seoul International School because it will ruin all the plans and he hates it if everything hasn't go according to his plan. However, this pretty face boy from nowhere suddenly drags him to the center stage by telling everyone that Sehun is his (secret) boyfriend. Sehun knows Luhan of course, who doesn't? Pin up boy from batch 12, the most desireable male who gets everybody line up to be his partner (or a good maybe) but always decline every single love proposals he gets. Aside from the name and reputation, Sehun knows zero about Luhan. But this morning, Sehun gets the biggest surprise of his life when suddenly everyone notices him (more) and labeled as the pretty male's boyfriend. He grits his teeth as he troops to the back of the school, Luhan is trailing behind him timidly. Sehun fights so hard to not pulls his hair in full frustration mode when he turns around, glaring at the smaller male behind him. Luhan cowers away and refuses to meet Sehun's furious eyes at him.

"I give you one minute," Sehun crosses his arms, "to explain this ."

Luhan swallows hard, still not daring to look up and swings unconsciously on his feet. It's actually cute if anyone else sees the gesture but Sehun is too angry to notice that right now. All he want is an explanation, as why Luhan chooses him out of hundreds of them to go through the hassles.

"You are not deaf, aren't you?" the tall man coldly says, much more like a demand rather than a question. Luhan pouts visibly at the harsh treatment and takes a deep breath before lifting his head.

 

"Look Sehun sshi..."

"Drop the formality already and for the record you just spent 15 seconds of the time I give to you." Luhan rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Alright, Sehun. First I want to apologize for the crazy situation you have been dragged into, which is caused by me. But I have my defense for that! You... You remember yesterday, right? At the east wing bathroom?" he cautiously asks, hesitating if the smart boy still remembers.

"You mean when you and that faced Kris were going to ?" Sehun asks back with stoic face while Luhan blushes at the blunt accusation. He frantically shakes his head and waves his hands wildly.

"N-No! That is so not true! Me and Kris weren't going to do it, or whatever you thought we might do. We just talked." Sehun raised his eye, "Well maybe not really talked but he cornered me. He said He wasn't going to give up if I didn't give him a reason why I rejected him."

 

The tall boy watch as the narrow shoulder slumps and he just notice that Luhan is indeed small. He only stands about 3/4 of his height and with the slender body like that (plus the feminine face), anybody would mistaken him as a girl.

"If you are smart enough, it's not hard to explain the reason to him without adding me to the picture."

Luhan looks at him in disbelief; did Sehun just implicate that he is stupid? Man, this boy is surely has balls to call him that. He could be the almighty Oh Sehun that masters 5 languages and gets a perfect score at the hardest chemistry test ever given by Mr. Cho but that doesn't mean he can look down on people and be all high and mighty. The pretty male snorts and puts his hands on his hips.

"If I can substract you out of this then I'd be glad to do that." he says, "But you're the only one who can help me although now I'm kind of regretting my decision because seriously, I never expect that what they say about you is true!"

 

Sehun's face hardens. "And what exactly do they say about me?"

"That you are a stuck up nerd, teacher's loyal pet, and a jerk-faced grumpy gay." Luhan snarls.

"Come on, can't they find another nicknames better than those? They're so freaking childish, and you guys are all the same. You are here just because of your parents' money, not your brains. You should be ashamed of yourself." Sehun retaliates furiously.

"See?? That's why they call you names!" Luhan deadpans but then sighs heavily. "Look, I thought we are here to talk about this so let's talk. Yesterday when you caught me and Kris, I thought you were the perfect person to shoo all those annoying stalkers of mine away because you have those... reputations and stuffs! Noone will dare coming after me again if you be my boyfriend!"

The tall boy narrows his eyes.

"Ah, and you have scary face too! Like that!" the smaller male points at Sehun's face. "Please, only you can help me out of this!"

"What if I say no?" the school genius stubbornly challenges.

"I'll pay you! You may mention any amount and I promise I will give it to you in advance if needed!"

 

Sehun laughs cynically. "Just like I thought, brainless insensitive kid. Forget it, I don't need your money darling and you better clean the mess you've created on your own because I'm so out of this ."

The tall boy starts to walk away from the site, bumping his shoulder with Luhan's in the process.

"Wait!!" the pretty boy calls out, "Just for 3 months. Please, after that I promise I will never bother you again!"

He watches with his hope rises when Sehun stops walking but then the tall boy glances coldly through his shoulder and spits out a venomous get lost to him and continues to walk again, leaving Luhan alone in the back of their school building. The pretty boy huffs in anger as his eyes still darted to the retreated back of Sehun, cursing the tall jerk inwardly. He whines pathetically seconds later however, when he realize he has no other choice but to convince the cold boy to accept his offer anyway. It is that or the rest of Luhan's life at the school will surely be a living hell for him. Sehun might be a jerk and a stuck up pain in the but for now he is the only saviour to guard Luhan from Kris or any other male or female who try to get in his pants.

 

He nods in determination and pumps his fist up in the air.

Mission boyfriending Oh Sehun, begins!

 

***

 

"Really? So this is your way to convince Oh Sehun to accept your offer?" Minseok scoffs, "By stalking him all day?"

Luhan blows a huff of air, making his fringe flies and rolls his eyes. "I might find one or two flaws by stalking him so unless you're going to help me, you better go away to your beloved Jongdae, Kim Minseok!"

"Oh believe me there's nothing I wanna do beside going to Jongdae's room and make out with him rather than joining you in your little detective game. This is seriously ridiculous, you have been following him around for two days and what? Have you got any development yet, Sherlock?" the soccer team captain puffs his cheeks, "Face it Luhan, Oh Sehun is too perfect. You might never find his flaws even after we graduate next year so your blackmailing plan isn't going to work also."

Luhan hates it when his best friend is right. He has been stalking the tall boy for a couple of days to catch him commiting some wrongdoings or anything that might put Sehun in trouble so he could stand before him with a smug smile and threaten him to spill his finding throughout the school if Sehun still refuses to be his (fake) boyfriend. Truthfully, aside from the fact that he is trying to save his from being molested, Luhan is also slightly feeling hurt because this is the first time somebody actually says no at the proposal to be his boyfriend while dozens of people out there are dying to be in Sehun's position. He pouts at the thought of someone like Sehun, the school nerd refuses him, the most wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter