Chapter 01: Nice to Meet You, Oh Sehun.

Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan forces a smile as another girl emerges from other class just after he close his locker door. The girl is pretty and the blush on her cheeks make her even more adorable. Luhan would like to pinch the pinkish cheeks if he could but that definitely going to leave a false sign and that is the last thing he wish to happen right now because the corridor is still occupied by some students who watch the scene. The girl fidgets on her feet, obviously nervous and Luhan coughs awkwardly, signaling the girl that he is waiting. She gasps and hands over a folded pink card along with a stack of chocolates with both hands, her face darts to the ground as she bows a perfect 90 degrees to the beautiful male before her (who widens his eyes at the extreme treatment).

" N-Na Eun ssi..."

"Luhan Sunbae, please accept my love!" comes the shrieking voice from the still bending girl. Alhough she is still facing the floor, Luhan almost can feel the heat radiating from her reddened face.

"Na Eun ssi, don't be like this." he glances at the students who still gawking at them, "People are looking and I don't feel really comfortable like this."

 

The girl finally obeys the request eventhough the blush is still visible but she looks up at Luhan expectantly, hands still stretched out to her senior who is now scratching his nape. Luhan coughs once again before apologizing and says that he could not accept her proposal, because he's just not into a relationship right now and it's not that she is not attractive or less pretty (because honestly Luhan thinks Na Eun is beautiful), it's just that Luhan is not ready for an attached relationship with anyone. Luhan bits his lips and feels sorry to Na Eun when the girl's trying so hard to not cry in front of her crush. She tries to wave it off and bids her farewell after shoving the card and chocolates to Luhan and runs to the opposite way before he could say anything. He huffs; Great, now everyone will think he is being heartless again.

 

He feels an arm drap over his shoulder and rolls his eyes as he meets face to face with Minseok who puts the annoying grin on his boyish feature. He shoves his best friend's face who laughs whole-heartedly at his fellow's pout.

"Another confession to decline?" he teases which only receive a grunt-like hum from Luhan."Well what did you say this time?"

"Same old scripted apology." his friend snorts, "What else can I say Minseok-ah? You know I'm not very brilliant turning people down, unlike that bastard Jongin."

"Says you who wrote the scripted apology yourself!" Minseok scoffs. "You're the same with Jongin anyway, the only difference is that he can say it the harsh way when you my friend, cower away and opt the melancholy one."

 

Minseok groans in pain after a hard slap being rewarded to the back of his head from Luhan.

"I'm not a coward!" he protests, "It's just I don't want to hurt anyone."

"Well sorry to say this mister gentleman, but you already does." The school's football captain snickers, "Try counting on how many hearts you break since last year. How many girls (and boys, for god sake) have cried when you said no to them. Admit it Luhan ah, you are a heartbreaker and no matter how you sugarcoats the rejection, you are still turning them down. Just like Jongin."

The pretty male huffs, realizing that his friend has a point. Being the school's face has putting him in this position in which he is rather not be at all because Luhan doesn't really know how to react to the attention he's getting at. Which is actually a little bit strange since he already gets the attention ever since he was born. Blessed with two pairs of twinkling eyes, small lips, and a delicate feature, baby Luhan had already captured the hearts of the doctors, nurses, families, relatives and many other people who saw him. And it's just getting better (or worst for Luhan) as he grows up and the blessings has increasing to the point where everyone practically chasing over him. The feminine feature attracts the male while Luhan still has this slight manly side that girls swoon over. Bottom line is Luhan is a hot cake that everybody is willing to conduct a mass murder to get a piece of him.

 

Minseok seems to sense his distress and chuckles.

"Anyhow Lu, I don't understand something. You don't seem to be interested to be in a relationship although you have a long list of potential partners you could choose. Heck even Jongin is starting to date Kyungsoo from the science class. Don't you ever liking somebody? Girls, boys, which ever it is?"

Luhan puckers his lips, thinking for a little longer before answering his best friend.

"I just don't feel like it, Seok ah. Being in a relationship is something that I am not prefer having, at least for now. I'm just happy being like this, without an obligation of having to be sticked to someone else." He shrugs, "And of course I liked somebody before! Only it was a long time ago, I don't even remember his name or his face."

" to be him then." Minseok scoffs. "Whatever Lulu, but you can't keep relying on your lame excuses. There will be the day when someone will demand more convincing reasons for you to decline their love confessions. And when the time comes my friend, I hope you already have a very very good answer to that. Now excuse me, I have a date with dear Jongdae at Mr. Cho's class."

 

Luhan watch as his friend throws a salute to him and rolls his eyes. Loverbirds, he sulks as he walks to his class, the last sayings from Minseok still lingers on his mind. He hates it but he has to admit that the small eyed boy is right; he can't use the same lame excuses over and over again. People might be more demanding if he still giving the same reason because hey which teenager doesn't want to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend at their age? No one, well except Luhan of course.

 

Probably the other reason is that he still can't find the right person for him.

Yeah right, Luhan snorts at himself for being such a melancholy prince.

 

***

 

Luhan knows that whatever Minseok said from their last meeting is going to be true somehow, BUT he never thought that the day will be this soon.

It's Thursday and Luhan just finish taking shower after the gym class. He is in the middle of putting on his school dress shirt when somebody calls him in which making him turns around too fast and he twists on his own feet, flailing his hand as he strolls backward and his head hits the hard surface of the bathroom's locker. The pretty male whines in pain as Kris, the basketball captain approaches him with wide eyes. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter