Launch

The Kickoff

         I still remember the day me met. You were so handsome yet beautiful. We were at my sister's birthday party. You were with your friends dancing while me, well I was at the corner staring at you, without even caring about the others. You were known as the ‘Social Butterfly’ in our campus, and I was the ‘Mini Ice Princess’, we’re the total opposite. But as the saying goes ‘opposites attracts each other’. I was brought back to reality when my sister came.

 

"Hey" my sister said, trying to sit next to me.

 

"Uhm . . . hey" wait? Why did i do that?

 

"You like her?" Like what?

 

"Huh?!" Is she talking about 'her'?

 

"I said, do you like Amber?" Oh .

 

"What are you saying?" I said trying to laugh it off.

 

"Oh come on. It's not like i didn't see it." Am I that obvious?

 

"See what?" Come on. Please don't.

 

"I saw you staring at Amber the whole time. You would even smile when she laugh, or clench your fist every time she talks to the other girls." She said looking at my hand and giving me a smirk that says ‘I-know-everything’.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Please believe. Please believe.

 

"Stop pretending like it's not true. I'm your unnie, remember? You can tell me anything you want." She said, still trying to make me spill out the truth.

 

Deep sigh.

 

"So? How long?" She said, starting again.

 

"I don't know." Feeling disappointed in defeat.

 

"What do you mean you don't know? You can't just say you don't know." She said yelling at me.

 

“Of course I can.” I said as I roll my eyes because of her ridiculousness.

 

“You can’t. Now spill it or I’ll force you to say it.” She said as if it’ll scare me. But I know I won’t last long when it comes to my sister so I surrendered.
 

“Ugh. Fine . . ” But before I could even start, I heard a voice behind my back that could almost made me feel like my soul is gonna get out of my body.

 

“Uh, excuse me, can I offer you a drink?”

 

And before I knew it, I was brought back to the present . . .

 

                                                                                                          ~ + ~ + ~

 

"Mommy! Mommy!"  I catched the little girl in my arms and tried to sit comfortably while having her in my lap.

 

"What is it little darling?" I chuckled as I look at her messy hair and sweaty forehead.

 

 "Daddy's chasing me." She said laughing.

 

"Aha! There you are."

 

"Amber, I said take her to bath, not this." I voiced out sternly.

 

"What? She ran out and I tried to chase her." I said as I gave her Eunjung, who is still smiling and trying to break free.

 

"Alright. Come here little princess. You're a big girl now, you know how to take a bath." Amber just let Eunjung go to the bathroom as she sits next to me on the couch.

 

"You know I just remembered something." I circled my arms around her neck and gave her a peck on the lips.

 

"Oh really? What is it?"

 

"The day you tried to hit on me, but failed miserably." I laughed remembering the time she said how much she likes me, but still got rejected. She turned away slightly, a little embarrassed maybe.

 

"You know, I still don't get it why you rejected me if you already liked me anyway." She pouted.

 

"Because that's not how you make a girl yours."

 

"Then how?"

 

"The first thing you need to do is . . . "

 

"Is? . . . Is wha---"

 

I didn't even let her finish as I kiss her passionately.

 

 

 

But before I could even give her a hickey on the neck . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mommy! Stop eating Daddy's face. It's gross!"