Tunnel of Secrets

Easter Surprise

 

Hi Readers,

Sorry that it's been so long since I've updated but I decided to come back with this short story first before I start updating 'The Revolving Door' again. I hope you enjoy it  :))

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Just one that's all I promise, I'll only eat one okay?" Soo smiled cheekily while trying to convince Yuri to let her eat an easter egg.

 

"No!!" Yuri yelled back before turning her head away so Soo couldn't see her grin.

 

"But....." Soo sighed before saying. "I help you and your family every year hiding all these eggs for your easter egg hunt. Don't you think I  deserve to eat at least one easter egg? I mean look how hard I've worked so far."

 

"Oh my god Soo we've only hidden five eggs so far, only five." Yuri said before she burst out laughing.

 

"But I'm hungry, so, so hungry." Soo whinged.

 

"Choi Sooyoung we still have nearly 200 more eggs to hide around this park so how about we hide some more before you stop to eat one." Yuri said with a grin.

 

"Okay fine let's hide five more then I can have one." Soo smiled.

 

"Soo we'll never get all these hidden if we stop after every ten just so you can eat one. My shikshin bestie never changes you're the same every year. What am I suppose to do with you huh?" Yuri asked.

 

"Feed me more eggs." Soo laughed.

 

"But seriously Soo you're always complaining to me that you never have a girlfriend and you know why that is?"

 

Sooyoung looked at her intently.

 

"It's because you care more about your precious food than trying to find the love of your life." said Yuri.

 

"That's because I've already found the love of my life." Soo smiled as she stared lovingly at the basket of easter eggs she was holding.

 

"Soo you can't marry that basket of eggs." 

 

"I know but I'm not ready to get married yet anyway." said Soo.

 

"Well you can't kiss, cuddle or hold hands with that basket of eggs either." Yuri pointed out.

 

"Really? Let me give it a try." Soo smiled cheekily.

 

"Since when do chocolate easter eggs have hands that you can hold huh? Just how do you plan to hold hands with the eggs?" Yuri asked.

 

"Okay fine I can't hold hands with the eggs but I can definitely cuddle and kiss them though."

 

"I don't even know why I bother with you sometimes." Yuri said before letting out a giggle.

 

"It's because you love me so much and I'm the bestest friend you've ever had." Soo beamed a smile at Yuri.

 

Yuri smiled back. "You're okay I guess."

 

"Okay.... just okay?"

 

"You know I'm only joking of course you're the bestest friend I've ever had." Yuri said happily.

 

"Good.... now let's hide some more eggs so I can finally eat one." said Soo.

 

"We should hide some over there in the playground." said Yuri.

 

They both walked over to the playground and started hiding eggs on the playground equipment.

 

Soo then started to crawl into the round bright yellow play tunnel to hide some eggs when she let out a loud scream.

 

She had seen what she thought was a body lying lifeless inside the tunnel.

 

"What's wrong?" Yuri yelled out in panic.

 

But then the body started to move. "Did you really have to scream that loud? You woke me up." a girls voice said grumpily.

 

"Oh sorry I didn't realise you were sleeping I thought you were de...... um I thought you were...." 

 

"You thought I was dead didn't you?"

 

"Maybe." Soo said quietly before Yuri reached the tunnel to see if Soo was okay.

 

"Soo are you okay? What's wrong?" Yuri asked.

 

"I'm fine I just got a shock to see someone inside here." Soo explained as Yuri took a look at the girl lying down in the tunnel.

 

"Are you okay?" Yuri asked the girl lying in the tunnel.

 

"I was okay until your friend here screamed and woke me up from my lovely sleep."

 

"Hey I didn't scream that loud." Soo said.

 

"Oh yes you did."

 

"Um yeah you kind of did Soo." smiled Yuri.

 

"Well you would of screamed louder than me if you found her lying in here." Soo insisted.

 

"Yes you're right I would of." Yuri grinned. "So anyway, hi my name's Kwon Yuri and this is my best friend Choi Sooyoung, what's your name and what are you doing inside of this kids tunnel?" Yuri asked.

 

"Oh hello my name's Jung Jessica and I just had a big night of drinking and ended up sleeping here the night." Jess explained.

 

"It must of been so uncomfortable for you sleeping in here." said Soo.

 

"It's okay and it's kind of warm in here too." said Jess.

 

"But still." Soo said before offering her hand to Jessica to help her out.

 

Jessica grabbed hold of Soo's hand and they made their way out of the tunnel. As soon as they both stood up Soo was shocked to see just how beautiful the tunnel sleeping girl was.

 

The brunette had long hair that fell effortlessly into place after she ran her fingers through it.

 

Yuri noticed her best friends eyes glued firmly on Jessica.

 

"So if you have nothing to do we could really use some help hiding these easter eggs for my family's Easter Egg Hunt later today." said Yuri.

 

"Oh I really should get going." said Jessica.

 

"No problem." said Yuri.

 

"Well goodbye I'll get going." said Jessica.

 

"Never say goodbye." Soo felt the words dribble out of without even thinking.

 

"Why never say goodbye?" Jessica asked.

 

"You should just say until next time." Soo smiled.

 

Jessica felt something she hadn't felt in a long time when she saw Sooyoung's beautiful smile looking back at her ......... happiness.

 

"Okay then until next time Sooyoung." she said while still finding herself totally captivated by Soo's smile.

 

Yuri let out a few small coughs to get attention.

 

"Oh and you too Yuri until next time." Jessica smiled before she turned around and began to walk away.

 

"Jessica." Soo called out.

 

Jess turned back around and looked dreamily into the eyes of the tall beauty. "Yes?"

 

Soo wanted to ask for Jessica's phone number or maybe find out where she lived but she found no words coming out of .

 

Jess kept looking at Soo waiting to hear what Sooyoung wanted to say but there was nothing.

 

"It was nice to meet you." Soo said softly.

 

"It was nice to meet you too Sooyoung." Jess said before giving a shy wave goodbye to Soo then walking away.

 

Nice to meet you........ nice to meet you... that's all you could manage to say, Soo thought feeling disappointed with herself as she watched Jessica walk away.

 

She continued to watch Jessica's every step until she couldn't see her anymore.

 

"I think you're going to start drooling any second now." Yuri smiled.

 

"Huh?" said Soo.

 

"Soo you couldn't take your eyes of her. Why didn't you ask her out or something?"

 

"I... I......I wanted to but then I thought what if she's already got a girlfriend or what if she's married or what if she's into guys." said Soo sadly.

 

"Or what if she said yes I'd love to go out with you Sooyoung. She was totally checking you out too." said Yuri.

 

"No she wasn't."

 

"Soo she couldn't take her eyes of you."

 

"Really? Oh why didn't I ask her out then. I'm such an idiot and now I'll probably never get the chance to see her again."

 

"I'm sorry Soo."

 

"It's okay it's my own stupid fault."

 

"I guess we should really finish hiding these eggs." Yuri said.

 

Yuri and Soo finished hiding all the eggs and enjoyed a fun afternoon with all of Yuri's family. When it was over Soo farwelled Yuri and headed home.

 

Once Soo walked into her house she plonked herself down on the lounge chair and thought about her missed chance with Jessica.

 

An hour later she was still thinking about the beautiful brunette she had met that day.

 

What am I doing, thought Soo. I've got to stop thinking about her but how....... hmmm food ...yes I'll eat some of those easter eggs Yuri gave to me.

 

She stood up grabbed her handbag and opened it. Where are they thought Soo, they should be in here......... oh crap i left them at the park.

 

I could just eat something else but I really feel like chocolate right now. 

 

Soo picked up her car keys and drove back to the park. She walked over to where she had left the easter eggs but they weren't there anymore. Oh my eggs who stole my eggs, I really need chocolate right now.

 

She grumpily began to make her way back to her car when she saw someone out of the corner of her eye. She noticed someone crawling into the kids play tunnel.

 

Could that be Jessica, thought Soo. Oh my god I'm so obsessed with her now that It's making me go crazy and think that I just saw her go into that tunnel. I really need to go to the shop and buy myself some chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate.

 

But as Soo walked past the playground she could hear a voice. "I'm sorry Mum but I'll be working over easter. I mean of course if I wasn't then I would love to have you all stay with me but unfortunately I'm working so I can't have you stay with me."

 

Oh my god that seriously sounds like Jessica's voice, Soo thought.

 

"But Mum honestly you would all be so bored staying at my house while I'm at work. But....... but....... okay fine...... bye."

 

"Holy crap what am I going to do." Soo heard the voice say.

 

A few moments later she heard loud sobs coming from the tunnel. Oh my god is that Jessica or not and if it is why is she crying, Soo wondered.

 

Should I go and see if it's her...... but it might not be her and if it is she might tell me to go away.

 

Soo then reluctantly walked slowly to back to her car. She hopped in and just sat there staring back at the playground tunnel.

 

She couldn't bring herself to drive away....... 40 minutes later she saw the shape of someone stand up from the tunnel and then walk over to sit on the swing.

 

I really need to know if that's Jessica, thought Soo. So she got out of the car and slowly walked towards the playground.

 

When she got close enough she hid behind a tree for awhile before peeking at the person on the swing.

 

It's her, it's really her. Why is she back here and why was she in that tunnel again and why was she crying before.

 

There's so much I want to know about her but I don't know how to ask her.

 

Sooyoung stayed behind the tree peeking at Jessica until she went back into the tunnel again. After waiting 15 minutes more she went back to her car. She just sat there waiting to see if Jessica would come back out but she ended up falling asleep in her car.

 

Soo opened her eyes to see the sun shining in on her. Seriously I slept here all night, she thought as she looked over to the playground where she couldn't see any sign of Jessica.

 

She then made her way to the playground curious to know if Jessica was still inside the tunnel.

 

Next to the tunnel she noticed empty easter egg wrappers. So that's where my chocolate eggs went. Well I don't mind if it was Jessica who ate them, she then looked inside the tunnel and sure enough there was Jessica fast asleep.

 

Wow she looks so beautiful while she's sleeping thought Soo. What should I do..... Soo then looked at her watch. Oh god I really need to go and get ready for work. I guess I'll come back and check on Jessica later.

 

After Soo finished work she went shopping for some food and bottled water that she could take to Jessica. She also bought some warm blankets for her and after heading home for a quick shower and change of clothes she drove back to the park.

 

She waited in her car and scanned the playground for Jessica but she couldn't see her. As the minutes turned into hours and night time fell, Soo finally saw what looked like Jessica heading to the playground.

 

So she then made her way quietly towards the playground and hid behind the same tree again. Jessica was now sitting on top of the tunnel when her phone rang.

 

"Hi Krystal." Jessica said as she answered the phone.

 

"Can you please try and talk Mum and Dad out of coming to visit. Really it's not going to be any fun for you all when I'm working over the Easter long weekend." said Jess.

 

"So you say they've already booked the flights, oh okay um well I really need to get going. Love you sis, bye." she said before hanging up.

 

Soo was looking at Jessica when she noticed tears start to run freely down her face before she started to sob loudly just like the night before.

 

Poor Jessica I wish I knew why she was crying, thought Soo. As she moved to get a better view of Jessica she stood on a stick which made a noise loud enough to get Jessica's attention.

 

"Who's there? I said who's there? I'm not scared of you and just so you know I have a mean and dangerous kick so you better start running now." Jess yelled out.

 

Soo then stepped out from behind the tree. "Sorry it's just me, I didn't mean to scare you."

 

"Sooyoung is that you?" ...................