Chapter VI

The Runaway

I woke up the next morning, hacking at my immensely dry throat, I wasn't sure if that came from the airconditioning unit or the spicy food last night, but whatever, I turned to my side to see the clock read 8:00 AM. I had at least thirty minutes to get ready, but I was so damn tired. I mentally debated on whether to go back to sleep or to it up and start taking a shower. I settled back into my bed, and pulled the covers up to my chin. 'Just a few more minutes,' I said to myself. 

"Thank you for the night, guys," I thanked EXO as I climbed out of their van, hearing multiple 'Aww's' in the process. God, these overgrown kids. "Despite you guys having to have dinner with someone you didn't know." Before I could even allow my shoe touch the pavement, Suho and Tao had climbed out. "Guys-" 

"We'll accompany you there," Tao smiled. "It'll be alright." 

"Yeah, we'd also like to thank you for a great night, hopefully, you guys will kill it in the showcase," Suho said. "Oh and here-" He reached into his pocket, took my hand and gave me a small gem stone that resembled an emerald. "I give that to everyone I meet, it's a charm stone, they say it helps you find prosperity in your career, relationships and well...love. Hopefully, that'll be of use to you. You can just keep it in your pocket, or make it into a necklace, or something, but just keep it close to you at all times. It attracts positive energy, I gave that to Tao, here, a few years back." 

"Yeah, he did," He answered curtly. "I still have it in my pocket. Oh and Viola, just in case, you need anyone to talk to, just give me a ring alright? Or better yet, just go outside your hotel and take a walk around, I'm sure at one point you'll bump into me, randomly. Oh and use that subway card I gave you, it'll do you good, just reload the balance every time you run out," He smiled at me before patting me affectionately on the head. 

"You guys really didn't need to. But nevertheless, thank you so much," I said to the both of them before bowing, since I heard that was a tradition in Korea. I shot them one last grateful look and waved goodbye to them before entering the hotel, where I saw all the members by the lobby couch smirking at me. "I'm gonna kill all of you. I'll give you 3 seconds, for a head start. 1, 2-" They began screaming,  making a run for the elevator that was, unfortunately for them, currently on its descent to the first floor, from the 23rd. All the guests were, once again, for a second time, that night, looking at us as if we're crazy. You have no idea how that much of an embarrassment Allegro gives me some times. "3." I began running after them with them dispersing like a group of ants, I looked up at the stairs to see Veronica already making a run for it. 

I'm gonna kill them.

Last night's events had me reeling like a mad woman who jumped a lot whilst sleeping, I needed at least an hour more of sleep, or else I'll have to rely on the legal, universal drug called caffeine, and I didn't wanna take any more of those, because in turn, that'll pump me up too much, and I'll be suffering from insomnia within the next few weeks. I forced myself to get up, trying with my very best to hoist myself up from the fluffy comfort in the morning that is my bed, only to collapse on my arms once more. 'Maybe, I should take a day-off,' I thought. "GET UP!" Lily screamed. "Why is it that whenever we have an early rehearsal, you, the leader, of all people, are that one person that always moves like a turtle?"

"Alright, alright," I groaned. "I wouldn't have been this tired if you guys didn't tire me out, last night."

"Hey, I'm sorry I chatted with a really cute guy," She teased. "And forgot all about my group." I blushed. "Oh my god, are you blushing?" She came over to me, patted my cheeks twice, locking our eyes in a teasing discourse, and in truth, I was blushing madly, and what's worse was my brain was against it, so, I looked like I was practically suffocating. "Oh god! You like him, don't you?"

"We have work to do," I dismissed, once more. I finally got up, and took a combat shower. I came back out wearing black jeans, a brown tank top, with a charcoal-colored cardigan, black ankle boots, a brown scarf and my signature beret. "How do I look?" I asked involuntarily...and well, accidentally. Wait, I never cared about how I looked.

"You never cared about that, Viola," Lily gasped in awe. "What's up with you today?"

"Nothing, nothing," I dodged. "It's just I don't know, Lily, but I just really wanna make a good impression on our trainers today." She looked at me with a smirk that said, 'Are you sure?'. "And also because I don't know I feel that I should look decent."

"Alright, then," She smiled at me. "But honestly, I think something else is happening. And like the true knucklehead you are, you don't know what it is, and because I'm evil, I won't give you a single clue. Not one footprint for you to follow, Ms. Holmes," She sang, before heading out. "Come on, we don't wanna be late, we have at least ten minutes to get there."

"And how many minutes is the drive?"

"About fifteen," She smirked. "If we take a car. If you use that subway card Tao gave is, it'll take around five." And for the first time, in my time in Seoul, I was going to use an actual Korean subway card. Before I could forget, I went back in the room, dashed to my discarded clothes, and searched the pocket of my jeans, I took out the gem Suho gave me, I looked at it, almost in a dazed manner, as if I was searching for something, yearning for something. "Viola?" I grasped the gem tightly, though I didn't know why, hastily took out a plain necklace from my luggage, and tied the gem around it. I immediately wore the newly-modified piece of jewelry, and hid it in my tank. "Viola, what are you doing?" Lily asked from the door. I stood up.

"Nothing, just checking on our schedule," I said quickly.


Meanwhile with EXO...

"Tao, focus!" Kris snapped. Everyone was tired. It had been a really long morning, and everyone from EXO was tired, after a morning workout---more like a burnout, to be exact, and a rigorous rehearsal of the songs MAMA, History, and Growl. They hadn't even been halfway through their program yet, they had only finished three numbers out of sixteen. And in the midst of all the stress and high-level anxieties, things started to get a bit heated, especially when one member's..."slacking off". "That's the third time today. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry, hyung," Tao apologized profusely. Truth be told, Huang Zitao hadn't slept well last night, as he spent it with tossing and turning sessions throughout his dorm bed. For some reason, his mind just wouldn't let him drift off to sleep, as if it was longing for something. They began to rehearse one more time, and this time, Tao had been left off the hook, and started to regain his focus, but this time, Suho had stumbled on the steps of History.

"Suho! You okay?" Kris asked. "I think we should take a break, everyone's tired," He sighed plopping down on the wooden, practice room floor. Suho, for some reason, didn't sleep well, too. "Suho, did you take your vitamins? You look a little pale."

"I did," He forced out, before lying down. "I just didn't sleep well." After the encounter with the rather enchanting Viola Mathieu, the two members of EXO had somehow faltered from their rhythmic high they felt during last week's wrapped up Lost Planet tour. And that was alarming. Because both of them don't know why. But Suho, being the open-minded thinker, started to search his brain, as he lied down on the floor. Was it Mademoiselle Mathieu? And her story? Was it their performance? Why was everything suddenly getting linked to her? 'Suho, you just met her.'He thought. "What?" He said out loud.

Tao looked up from his position on the floor, "Hyung? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Suho nearly snapped. "Just thinking." He lied down again. Why was he thinking about her? When he knew that Tao was brewing some of his own thoughts about the lass the group just met, how could he bring himself to think of the girl of Tao's affections? He knew it, and Tao, subconciously knew it as well. He took out his phone, and typed in a message, hastily to Viola.

To: Viola Mathieu

Good morning~ :) 

-Suho

He hit send, and he instantly regret it. 'Why'd I do that?' Suho mentally hissed. He was about to send in a message that said "WRONG SEND" or something like that, but before, he could even think of a way to remedy his random act, Viola had sent him a message. He shakily brought the phone to his line of sight, only to see a message that made him blush.

From: Viola Mathieu

Good morning! Thanks for the extra mittens ;)

-Viola Mathieu

PS: Try texting later, I'm in the middle of a training session. :)

Suho began typing at incredible speed, smiling madly, as he did so. 'What are you doing?'Suho asked himself. 'Viola's made it clear that she wanted to work! You should stop!' He scolded himself, but, he continued on, and hit send.

To: Viola Mathieu

Alright. :) Good luck! Say, are you free this afternoon? For a congratulatory first day? ;)

-Suho

"Alright, get up. Let's continue," Kris said, causing Suho to nearly drop his phone. "Let's start from History, alright?" The music began to play, but Suho's conciousness remained glued to Viola's next text, he felt sweat drip from his forehead, despite the rather non-explosive movements in the dance, and he felt his head swirl as he continued to wait for Viola's reply.

From: Viola Mathieu

I thought I told you to text later TwT Alright, then. :) Around 5 PM, I guess? Also, if you really wanna talk about this, why don't you man up and call me?

-Viola Mathieu

Meanwhile...

I went to the bathroom, after a short break, and began to sweat madly. What am I doing? I shouldn't have sent those messages! I'm just becoming a parasite, I'm taking this way too far! 'One last time, Viola, just one last time,' Another voice in my head pleaded. Why was I listening to it, much less considering it? "Viola, Viola, Viola, Viola-" I began to say repeatedly, before looking at the mirror. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked my reflection. "This wasn't supposed to go this far!" I spat. "You're not supposed to get attached! Much less to Suho!"

"Why are you thinking about getting attached to Suho?" Someone from the cubicle asked.  I looked to see Lily. "Viola, you're shaking-"

I ran out.