The Bet

A Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


“This project will be our first collaboration with TS Entertainment, it will determine whether or not we will become associates in the future therefore mistakes are not permitted understand?”

“Yes sir!” the room echoed back.

“Meeting dismissed,” he ended it coolly with a wave of his hand.

Everybody bowed to the young CEO before existing.

“Inna-shi,” I froze when he called my name and my heart noticeably started to pound harder.

He knows my name! The almightily and powerful Bang Yongguk knows me!

“Y-yes sir?” I squeaked, and I heard someone from behind me snigger.

“Inna–shi, I want you to organise and book a decent restaurant for the after party. Whether or not this collaboration will be a success we still have to thank them for coming,” he spoke with his voice full of authority.

My head quickly bobbed up and down as I tried to concentrate on everything the CEO was saying.

“Make sure to order the finest champagne, and hire the best cooks. CEO Kim is allergic to lobsters and pumpkins therefore make sure that it’s not on the menu. His wife will also be coming and she only drinks red wine…oh and his son’s favourite dessert is caramelized banana pudding,” he paused for a minute to make sure that he didn’t forget anything.

I took this time to exam his flawless jaw line and study his statue like features. This was my first time being this close to him. Usually he would always be in the front of the room and I’ll be in the back straining my neck over the tall people in front of me to get a good gimps of his face.

“I don’t like strong scents so tell them to replace all the flowers with fake flowers. That will be all, I hope that’s not too much for you to handle, if it is I can get someone else to help you…”

He’s so considerate! I thought, and the butterflies in my stomach began to flutter like crazy.

“It’s okay CEO Bang,” I wasn’t going to give up a chance to make myself look good, “I can handle it, I won’t let you down.”

He smiled and I quickly bowed to hide my flushing face. I stayed in that position until he left the room then I stood up and subconsciously sniffed my wrist.

Somebody whistled behind me.

“First conversation with her crush, I take it that it went awful since you’re frowning right now?” he teased me.

I ignored him and waved my wrist in front of his nose, “This sent isn’t strong right? I barely sprayed any on, you think he’d mind?”

“ACK! What is this horrible smell?! Get it away from me it’s polluting my precious nostrils!” he fake gagged.

My eyes widened, “Is it really that bad?! Y-y-you think he’ll fire me? He said he hated strong smells…”

Himchan, my co-worker, rolled his eyes at me, “He gave you a whole list of orders and that’s the only thing you remember?”

“No he told me to book a restaurant and organise the after party,” I smiled smugly. I was perfectly capable of multitasking.

Himchan clapped for me sarcastically, “Wow great memory…”

“Don’t worry, nothing will go wrong, it’s just a party right? It just needs food, drinks… yeah…” I started making a mental list in my head as I walked down the hall with Himchan trailing after me.

“Do you think that cocktails are necessary? Or is plain wine fine?” I asked him.

He shrugged unhelpfully and I sighed as I pushed open the front door.

“What’s wrong with serving coke?” he asked and it took me all I had to not bang the door in his face.

“You know what just never mind…” I should’ve known better than to ask Himchan for advice. Ever since he got a promotion one month ago and moved into the office next to mines he started competing with me in everything and annoying the heck out of me.

“Hey just trying to help!” he smiled innocently.

I fake smiled at him before spinning on my heel and walking away from him.

“Hey, it’s late, want a ride home?” he asked with his hands in his pockets.

I turned around suspiciously wondering what he’s up to, he never offered me a ride because it meant helping me. And Himchan never helps.

He shrugged, “It’s dark, and you’re wearing heels and a pencil skirt. You know not every guy has as much self control as I do.”

Oh yeah did I mention that he was really humble too?

“Shouldn’t you be rushing off to some nightclub or bar or wherever you usually go?” I asked.

“I quit clubbing two weeks ago,” Himchan gave me a proud smile.

My eyes doubled, “Y-Y-You. Himchan. The epitome of an unfaithful jerk stopped clubbing?” I was truly shocked.

“Ouch,” Himchan feigned hurt.

I suddenly smiled and went next to him, “So why did you give up clubbing?”

He raised an eyebrow, “What’s with that creepy smile?”

“Answer my question!” I snapped.

“Okay sheesh and you wonder why you’ve never had a boyfriend before…” Himchan mumbled.

“Tell me, tell me, tell me,” I ignored him and kept on nagging.

He cleared his throat, “I-I think I l-like this girl,” his words came out stuttered.

I gapped, I had expected it to be something along the lines of, ‘I went to the doctors last week and he said that too much alcohol isn’t good for me’ so this news totally caught me off guard. I couldn’t help but do a girly squeal (which trust me rarely happens), “OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! YOU ARE IN LOVE!”

I clung onto his arm, “Who is it? Does she work here? Do I know her? Is she pretty?”

Himchan’s face just got redder and redder with every question.

Looks like he’s really falling hard… I thought. Even his ears are red.

“Aren’t you going to answer my questions?” I asked while poking his arm.

“Yah, yah, yah!” Himchan pulled his arm away, “You’re annoying me now so forget about the ride. I’m going to drive the girl I actually like home.”

I pouted; “Knew you can never actually be nice. I bet the girl will never accept your ride. “

“Oh yeah but what if she does?” Himchan pulled his car to a stop beside me and leaned out of the window, “Let’s make a bet, if she accepts, what will you do for me?”

“I will… anything you want because the day that happens pigs will also start flying.”

Himchan smiled amusingly, “Deal! I’ll come and find you immediately after she agrees. By then you’ll have to be my slave.” 

I shrugged the chances of Himchan making a com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter