The Jealousy Project: Complete

The Jealousy Project

Jinyoung hadn't forgotten about what Mark had said the night before, so when Mark came up beside him as they were preparing to go on stage and whispered "just go along with what I do", he knew exactly what the other was referring to. Time seemed to drag by as they performed on stage, Jinyoung continuosly stealing glances at both Jaebum and Mark throughtout. Just as he thought Mark had maybe forgot or was planning something insane, the other came up to him, cornering the younger between him and Yugyeom, that look written all over his face. 

Jinyoung suddenly knew what Mark was planning to do. He smiled nervously, his stomach buzzing in his stomach as Mark leaned forward and placed both his hands on Yugyeom's back, successfully giving Jinyoung no way out. He mouthed a quick "go with it" before leaning forwards, the smile on his lips slightly feral, and Jinyoung remembered just how much Mark put on a sweet outside, but inside was playful and for some reason enjoyed seeing the looks on both Jaebum's and Jackson's faces whenever he did things like this.

Drawing in a breath, he returned Mark's smile and shrank back into Yugyeom, being more submissive than he remembers being in a long time. Yugyeom was giggling, and he wondered if the maknae was in on this and just how close Mark was going to let his lips get, as he could now feel the others breath on his lips. Just as he thought Mark was really going to lean in and kiss him, someone grabbed Mark's shirt and pulled him away with barely restrained force. Jaebum's eyes had an absolutely livid look in them, but he had put on a smile and laughed awkwardly so the fans wouldn't notice the glare he sent Mark when his back was to them, enough to make Jinyoung want to cower and making Mark laugh. 

When Jaebum turned back to him, he could see the burning possessiveness in the others eyes, and could see how much his boyfriend was restraining himself from grabbing Jinyoung right then and there and kissing him senseless. Jinyoung forced a laugh, although he really just wanted to tell Jaebum that he deserved it, and turned around to face Yugyeom, poitedly ignoring Jaebum's entire existence. 

He knew he was in trouble as soon as they stepped backstage and were in the changing rooms, away from the managers outside. Jaebum was no longer trying to look amused at the whole thing, and looked like he was about to snap and punch someone. Grabbing Mark's collar, despite Jackson and Bambam's attempts to stop him, he pushed him against the wall.

"What the hell do you think you were doing out there, ? Not only is that potentially dangerous, that's my boyfriend you almost kissed! On the stage, for the whole world to see!" Mark didn't seem unraveled in the bit, looking almost amused as he crossed his arms and watched Jinyoung grab the leaders arm and plead for him to stop.

"What the hell did you think you were doing when you told the entire world that you belonged to Youngjae, on a show broadcasted to the entire world, ?" At his words, the other froze, grip losening enough for the oldest to slip away and rub at his collar. "I didn't see Jinyoung go over and attack Youngjae for making the entire world believe he's in a relationship with you. What gives you the right to attack me?" Jinyoung pulled away suddenly, eyeing the two of them carefully, like he felt like either one of them may snap at any moment. Youngjae looked suddenly remorseful and shrank back into Yugyeom, who looked only mildly surprised and more scared at the outcome of everything.

Jaebum looked like he couldn't decide if he felt guilty or angry, still glowering at Mark as he stood there, still as stone. "Listen, that was..."

"Rude. ing stupid. An move. Any of those would work in that sentence." Jaebum suddenly moved forward, growling as he brought up a fist to punch the older, but Mark was faster, dodging away and waiting until Jaebum was steady again to punch him in the jaw, hard. Not hard enough to do much damage, but enough to get the point across. He then pushed him backwards, towards Jinyoung, who grabbed his shoulders and looked helplessly at the other.

"Keep him before I lose my cool. I'm leaving." Turning on his heel, he stormed out, Jackson and Bambam following close behind. Youngjae looked like he wanted to say something, but Jinyoung shooed them out of the room, wanting to get everyone out before Jaebum had enough time to get angry again. Yugyeom had barely made it through the door when Jaebum sank back into Jinyoungs arm and sent them both tumbling to the floor. Jinyoung yelped as he fell, then winced as he felt pain shoot through his body when his tailbone made contact with the floor, made worse by the weight of Jaebum on top of him.

"Um, hyung?" Tentatively, he sat up, bringing Jaebum up with him. He didn't want to make the older any more angry than he already was. Sure, Jinyoung was one of the only ones able to calm him down, but he'd had his share of pain from stopping the other, and he wasn't sue if he could deal with that when he already wanted to cry. 

Jaebum kept his head in his hands, refusing to look up as his body sagged into Jinyoung's, his back pressed against the side younger's chest and arm. After a moment, Jinyoung brought up his hands and gently brought Jaebum's away from his face. It was... Different, seeing a look of pure guilt on his boyfriend's face. Guilt, anger, hurt, all at the same time. Jinyoung in a breath as he touched the faint bruise forming on Jaebum's jaw, wondering how they'd get around this one. "Hyung..."

"God, I don't deserve you. I deserved that ing punch, I deserve for you to leave me for Mark, I deserve for you to punch me, but here you are, taking care of me." Jaebum groaned and shook his head, then shifted and leaned forward so that his forehead was resting on Jinyoung's chest. The younger was too shocked to say anything. Of all the things he'd expected, he hadn't expected this, not at all. "Why are you even still with me?" Jinyoung flinched at the rawness of the question. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and let his head fall forward a bit.

"Don't ask me that." His voice broke as he spoke, and he took a moment to steady himself before continuing. "It's such a stupid question, hyung. I'm still with you because I love you. Sure, you have flaws and," He cleared his throat, "Sometimes you make me want to cry or punch you, but we're still trying to figure this out. I know we'll get there eventually, and that's why I'm still with you." He felt tears on his neck, hot and wet, and he shivered, then wrapped an arm tighter around the man currently in his arms. 

"When you say that, it makes me feel even worse." Jaebum's arms came up to wrap around him tightly, possessively, desperately. "I'm so stupid, Jinyoung. I'm sorry I put you through that, I... I guess I wasn't thinking, it was... I said it because I thought it would be funny, I didn't... I didn't even think about how it would hurt you." There was a side of Jinyoung that liked hearing him so broken as he apologized, felt like the other deserved it for what he'd put him through, but he shoved that side of him away. But seeing this side of Jaebum that he almost never got to see made him a bit braver.

"It's... It's not just that, hyung. You don't pay attention to me anymore. Unless I do something with Mark, you seem to... Forget I'm there." He bit down on his lip, eyes down as he tried to keep his own tears at bay. "It seems like because now you have the others you don't have time for me. I feel like you only paid attention to me because I was the only one there for you to dote on." Jaebum sat up, quickly wiping at his face to chase away the tears. He looked shocked, and almost disbelieving.

"Hell no, that's not the only reason I paid attention to you! I paid attention to you because you were cute, and talented, and fun, and I just loved everything about you," A blushspread across his face as he talked, "and I'm sorry I don't pay attention to you as much anymore, I don't mean to, I swear. Sometimes the kids need attention and I feel like it's my duty as a leader and I forget that I'm neglecting you," He sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. "This was so much easier when it was just the two of us... Now that there's seven, everything seems more complicated. I'm so sorry, I'm not good enough-"

"Stop telling yourself you're not good enough!" Jinyoung snapped, glaring at him through teary eyes. "I'm so tired of hearing you say that! Do you think I'm any better? I used Mark to make you feel jealous! I caused a fight! I'm selfish and I want you all to myself, and sometimes I don't care about the other guys and what they need! I'm not good enough either, not in the slightest, but that doesn't mean I'm going to beat myself up over it and not try to get better! This is part of who we are, okay? We'll work together to help each other out, but if you keep pushing me away and saying you're not good enough, it'll never work!" Jaebum looked surprised at his outburst, staring at him with his mouth slightly open. Furiously, Jinyoung scrubbed the tears off his face with his palm trying to get himself together. 

"So you'll give me another chance?" Jinyoung leaned forward with a sigh, resting his forehead against Jaebum's.

"Do you even have to ask, Jaebum? When have I ever not given you another chance? I love you, as stupid as you are." Jaebum let out a laugh then, relieved, Jinyoung thought.

"I really don't deserve you, you know? I love you too. Damn, I love you more than you know." 

"Show it more, and then maybe you wont have to say I don't know." 

"I plan on it, trust me this time. I'm going to do my best to show you." Jinyoung felt the smile spreading across his face before he could stop it, and it felt good.

"Good." Jaebum's lips pressed against his as soon as he got the word out, fitting there like they were made to kiss him. They probably were, he thought vaguely at the back of his mind as he closed his eyes and leaned into the kiss, tilting his head the slightest bit. This was what he wanted, he decided as Jaebum kissed him slowly, like an apology. He made a mental note to thank Mark later as he brought up his hands to tangle into Jaebum's once-styled hair. Of course, that would be after he got some ice for the forming bruise on Jaebum's jaw and got them to start talking to each other again without any tension. He would be worried about that, but if he knew anything about the two of them, and he did, Jaebum would be so sated from the kiss he couldn't be mad anymore and Jackson probably already had Mark laughing again, so it shouldn't be a problem. 

Anyways, he thought as Jaebum's hand slid under his shirt and he giggled against the olders lips, the Jealousy Project had been a success. He should have done this earlier.


What even was that ending? Not sure I liked it...

Oh well, thank you for reading and catching the JJ project feels with me! I hope you enjoyed my little story here!