Anchor

Anchor

i don't even know if i can write anymore... but i tired because i randomly had a small jolt of inspiration. this is the result of it. unedited.

 

 


Seunghyun walked into his apartment with a slump in his shoulders that told the tiring tale of how bad his day was at work. Three people had called out sick and they were already one person down, because their assistant manager was on vacation. So when the clock had turned 5 p.m., Seunghyun had moved as fast as his weary body would let him, and rushed to get home. From the pair of ratty converse that littered the entryway, Seunghyun could tell that Jiyong was home as well, and the other man, upon hearing the front door close; called out to him.

“Seunghyun? Is that you?”

Not even having the energy to reply, he dropped his keys into the dish on the side table by the door, toed off his shoes and padded down the hallway to where Jiyong’s voice had emanated. Jiyong must not have heard him enter the bedroom, for when he came in, Seunghyun watched the younger man change out of his work uniform and into a pair of loose pants and shirt.

“Did you just get home too?” Seunghyun asked.

“Jesus,” Jiyong exclaimed in a higher pitch than his normal voice, “You scared the out of me.”

Normally Seunghyun, would have teased his boyfriend and said something along the lines of ‘No, I’m Seunghyun.’ but today he just wasn’t feeling it, and it must have been apparent on his face and probably his whole body because when he didn’t say anything, Jiyong’s eyebrows knitted together and he stepped closer to him.

“Hey, is something wrong?” His voice was low and tender and his palm came up to rest along Seunghyun’s jaw, cupping his face and making him look the younger man in the eyes.

Seunghyun tried to school his features and put on a false smile, but he should have known that Jiyong will and did, see right through it.

“Babe, talk to me. Did something happen at work?”

Breathing in deep, Seunghyun pressed his cheek into Jiyong’s touch, feeling the calloused fingertips brush against him didn’t set his skin on fire, instead it filled him with a sense of serenity. This was where he belonged, under Jiyong’s touch, for he was the only one who could ease any pain he had with a simple caress.  And as he let this realization hit him, he released all the weight he had been carrying on his shoulders drop away from his mind almost as if he was shedding a second skin. When his body almost collapsed from this overwhelming sensation, he decided to pull away from Jiyong and perch himself on the edge of the bed. With his head hanging, his hand reached out and partially interlocked his with Jiyong’s and pulled the younger man closer.

Jiyong’s body put up a slight resistance and he stumbled into the few centimeters left between them. Seunghyun didn’t notice, and in fact, when he sensed that Jiyong was close enough, he lifted his head and pressed his face into the softness of Jiyong’s stomach.

“Seunghyun,” Jiyong said on a exhale of breath and it made the older man press further into him and wind his arms around his waist, caging him into his embrace.

Jiyong looked down and saw the small black hairs that thinned out as they got further down Seunghyun’s neck and his fingers took their familiar place in between them; lightly raking his nails up and down. Seunghyun shuddered under the touch.

“Thank you,” Seunghyun mumbled, nuzzling into Jiyong like a puppy.

Jiyong huffed out some air that could’ve been mistaken for a laugh. “For what?”

Seunghyun shook his head, but Jiyong wouldn’t take no for an answer. The younger man slid his fingers from the back of Seunghyun’s neck and down, cupping his strong chiseled jaw and forcing him to look up.

“For what, Seunghyun?” Jiyong repeated.

Seunghyun turned his face within Jiyong’s grasp and kissed the younger man’s palm. He tasted the familiar soap that always covered Jiyong’s hands from his work, and finally spoke.

“Thank you for being here, with me. For knowing what I need even if I don’t ask. For embracing me and sensing just what kind of touch will ease me. For… everything.”

Jiyong smiled and brushed his thumbs across Seunghyun’s cheek bones, feeling the heat from the older man seep into himself.

They were still for so long, Seunghyun sitting, with his hands splayed across the back of Jiyong’s thighs, and Jiyong standing, holding Seunghyun’s tired face. Eventually, Seunghyun decided it was time for himself to change so he stood, while pulling off his shirt and tossing it to the side. Jiyong backed away to let Seunghyun do what he had already done but Seunghyun pulled Jiyong back to him after tossing his jeans to the floor to join his shirt.

“Let’s just,” Seunghyun started and laid down on the bed, tugging Jiyong down with him, “lay down for a while.”

It was Jiyong’s turn to stay silent as he turned himself into Seunghyun’s personal ragdoll and let the older man entwining himself around his slight body while his fingers resumed their ministrations along Seunghyun’s neck.