Chapter 1

Hope

He carried me into the elevator and put me down, but he was still supporting me. He pressed the fifth button. Now that we were inside, the rain could not keep hiding my face. "Oh God! What happened to you?" He asked worried. I just watched as he tried to stop the bleeding. But it was no use. I was bleeding from my forehead, my left cheek, my nose and my mouth. I was also bruised all over my body, not just in the face. Although Yongguk could only see my face and legs. He observed me, "Who did this to you?" I looked down, I did not want to answer. My eyes began to water. "Hey, it's ok." He said and held me. I managed to keep my tears from rolling down my pale cheeks.

Yongguk opened the door to the apartment. It was huge. And dark. "The others must be asleep already." He said as he helped me sit down on a chair. The others? "Let me help you with your coat." He said. I shook my head and glanced down. He looked questioning at me. But then he realized. "You don't have anything underneath do you?" I shook my head once more. "Well, I have some sweaters and adjustable sweat pants. But obviously no underwear for you to barrow... Is that ok?" I nodded and tried to smile. "Back in a sec!"

When I had put the clothes on, Yongguk brought me to the kitchen. There he began to take care of my wounds. He was very gentle. "The others?" I asked. My voice was faint. He looked at me, a bit shocked that I said something. Then he smiled, "I live with five other guys, but don't worry. They're really kind. Although they can be quite a handful sometimes.." I smiled a little. We stayed silent for awhile, as he continued to help me with my wounds. Then I spoke, "I'm Riah." He smiled, "That's a really pretty name." "Thanks. It's my nickname actually." My voice was still very faint. "Really? What's your real name?" He raised one eyebrow. "Mariah." "I like that name." He smiled big, "Well, Mariah, are you hungry?" I shook my head. I was hungry, but I had never been so tired in my life. "I just need some sleep." "You can sleep in my room, I'll take the couch." He said and stood up, "How's your legs? Can you stand?" I looked down. I felt embarrassed over the fact that I could not walk. "It's ok, I'll carry you." He smiled and lifted me up into his embrace.

The next morning I woke up by a loud scream. I was frightened. It was a young man's voice. Then I heard other voices, trying to calm him. Among all the voices I heard Yongguk's deep and calm voice. I slowly sat up. I tried standing up. I did not fall, but it was truly painful. With aching legs I carefully walked out of the bedroom to see what it was all about. I was standing outside the room where the voices came from. The other voices were silent now. I could only hear someone who was breathing heavily and Yongguk's voice, "It's alright. Everything's fine, it was just a dream. You're here. Alright?" I carefully opened the door and peeked in. Yongguk was squatting next to a bed, calming the young man who had been screaming. Around them stood four other young men, looking worried. The one in the bed was sweating and crying. "Can someone go get a glass of water?" Yongguk asked. "I'm on it!" One of them said and began to walk towards the door, and towards me. When he opened the door he was quite shocked to find me there. But then he smiled, "Your Mariah, right? I'm Himchan."  He was beaming. I just stared at him. "Mariah?" Yongguk called from the room. I peeked in and found everyone looking at me. "Are your legs better?" He asked. I nodded slightly. He stood up and helped me walk over to the bed. I carefully sat down. "Mariah, this is Youngjae, Jongup, Daehyun and Junhong. Himchan you've met. Everyone, this is Mariah." They all came up to me, except for Junhong. He was the guy in the bed. "Call me Riah." I said quietly. They all smiled. 

At the breakfast table the guys were chatting about everything and nothing. Junhong had gotten better since his bad dream, he was actually quite happy. Daehyun turned to me, "So how old are you?" Everyone went silent. I looked around at everyone. "Ehm...19.. Or 20. I think I'm turning 20." "When?! I love birthdays!" Himchan squealed. "Err, I don't remember..." Yongguk gave me a worried look. "You don't remember?" Daehyun asked. I shook my head. "It's alright, Riah." Youngjae smiled, giving me the I-know-what-you-have-been-through-look. I smiled back. "Well, I'll go do the dishes." Jongup said. "I'll help you!" Himchan smiled. "Youngjae hyung, let's go play xBox!" Junhong said. "Ok!" "And I better get going, having coffee with my sis. See ya later!" Daehyun said and left the table. I watched them all as they left. Yongguk and I were the only ones left by the table. He eyed me, "Mariah, we gotta talk."

 

 

 

A/N: First chapter! Yay! I know it's pretty messy, but it'll get better! :)