Chapter 1

My Definition of Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: I REALLY AM HIS BOYFRIEND

 

The 23-year-old man turned his head to the left and right. His hand repetitively dialed the same number for the past 15 minutes as he walked pass rows of outlets in the shopping mall. He pouted when he was greeted with the exact same female voice instead of his older brother’s voice.

 

Jongup sighed as he made his way to the nearest bench and plopped his big body down unceremoniously. The poor bench immediately shook and a few gasps from the other end of the bench were heard. Jongup quickly apologized for disturbing them and could only blink innocently when they rose from their spot before walking away.

 

“Hmm, where is he now?” Jongup huffed as he once again looked around. His phone suddenly rang and he instantly looked at the caller ID. Finally… Jongup answered the call.

 

“Woonie hyu—”

 

“Uppie, I’m discovered.” Jongup widened his eyes in surprise. He heard Taekwoon’s panting voice and without wasting any more time, he rose from the bench and walked as fast as his body could move him though he had no idea where he should go to.

 

“Where are you, hyung? I go to you now!” Jongup was as panic as his older brother. The last thing they wanted to happen was this… but it happened eventually.

 

“It’s okay. Uppie, go to my car and wait there. I’ll be there in minutes.” Taekwoon instructed. Jongup stopped his steps as something clicked on his mind.

 

“Woonie hyung, just tell me which exit you’re near to, I’ll pick you up there. Your car key is with me, remember?” Jongup suggested as he turned around and started to jog slowly to the nearest elevator. He heard Taekwoon’s running steps and he unconsciously quickened his track, if that was even possible.

 

“Err…Uh… Oh, I’m on t-the third floor, and-and I’m heading to the s-south zone. Up-Uppie, though I really need a-an escape, t-take your time, okay? I can do a few laps here.” Taekwoon gently reprimanded. He really loved his younger brother and considering Jongup’s clumsiness when the latter was panic, he wanted nothing bad happen to his Uppie when he was not around.

 

“Don’t worry, hyung. I’ll call you once I’m at the exit. Wait for me, okay?” Without waiting any more reply, he ended the call and ran as fast as he could to the elevator. Once he was inside the empty elevator, he abused the 6th floor button and silently hoped no one would want to ride it as he was running out of time. He wiped his forehead that was damp with sweat.

 

Being the younger brother of a famous star idol, Jongup understood very well the kind of situations his brother would likely to face when he was in public. Moon Taekwoon was known as the ‘Poker Face Chic’ of VIXX boy band and was the most popular member despite his extremely reserved self and camera-shy character. His cool appearance was what made people become head over heels for him and as much as he wanted the world to know who he really was, he was still sane to never reveal his real family members to the public.

 

It was not that Taekwoon was ashamed to have a fat, unattractive younger brother, but he was more than afraid to see Jongup hurt with people’s bias judgment. Who would not judge them when he was all dashing and cool while his younger brother was…like that? Though Jongup did not show that it affected him, Taekwoon knew that deep inside, his beloved brother was hurting.

 

There was one time when Jongup was bullied during his high school because of his big fat body and that he did not want to come out of his room. When the news came to him, Taekwoon did not think twice to sneak out from his company’s dorm and find the bully. Screw everything, his Uppie was way more important than his pre-debut image.

 

It was hard for the Moon brothers to spent time together after Taekwoon decided to be an artist. Taekwoon’s hardwork was paid off when he finally was debuted as a star idol after years of strict training. Today was his day off, and instead of spending the quality time with the other band members, Taekwoon wanted to spend it with his beloved younger brother. But getting discovered by his fans right after coming out of the rest room was not in his plan list.

 

Jongup unlocked the car and hastily hopped into it, not before he accidentally knocked his head to the door frame. He winced cutely as he rubbed the sore spot. The start button was pressed and the engine was ignited. He was about to turn the car at the corner when a motorcycle suddenly appeared in front of his car. It happened so fast that in a blink of eyes, he knocked the motorcycle even before he could slam the brake. The tires screeched as the car stopped in a great force. Jongup’s face instantly paled. Oh my God, what did I just do? Did I…

 

“Omona!” Jongup quickly got out of the car and helped the other who was sprawling on the floor, groaning.

 

“Mister? Are you okay? I’m so sorry! I didn’t se—” Before Jongup could finish his words, he was cut off by the motorcyclist.

 

“Aish! Shut your mouth up, fatty!” The motorcyclist yanked his hand from Jongup’s hold as he yelled rudely. Jongup was startled upon hearing such impolite words. He was trying to help though, after all it was not completely his fault as he was on the right lane while the other was coming on the opposite way. A very wrong direction.

 

“YAH!” A very deep gruff voice was heard yelling across from the parking space. Jongup and the motorcyclist turned their head in unison and was met with a handsome man in casual outfit, followed by another two men in black suit, who were running toward them. Jongup blinked confusedly when the man next to him groaned in frustration before he mumbled something incoherent.

 

“Yo, man. Look, it’s just a couple of snaps, okay? Just let me go for this time and I won’t bother your boss anymore, cool?” the motorcyclist tried to negotiate and the handsome man shook his head. The other two men in suit quickly got a hold of the motorcyclist who tried to break away from them.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t let you go with those controversial pictures. I’m sorry to say this but I need you to hand over the camera and memory card.” The man said as he held out his hand before the motorcyclist who still wanted to do his best to keep those precious pictures.

 

“Man, please let me do my job as reporter. Just like what you’re doing as his personal assis—”

 

“Yoochun, the camera.” The man piped in, without even giving chance to the motorcyclist who claimed to be a reporter to continue his words. Yoochun, one of the men in suit nodded his head before he followed what he was told. The motorcyclist tried to grab the camera that was hanging around his neck but another man in suit twisted his arm to the back. Jongup flinched when he heard the first scream from the motorcyclist. Whoa, what the hell is going on here??!

 

“Mis—” Jongup tried to speak but he immediately shut his own mouth up when his eyes met with the sharp gaze from the handsome man.

 

“Are you the owner of the car?” The man asked in a serious tone which really sent shiver down Jongup’s spine. The latter suddenly lost his voice and could only nod, absentmindedly pointed to himself and then to the car. Yeah, he looked stupid but who cared anyway? Wait! No, this is not my car. It’s Woonie hyung’s… Jongup gasped when he remembered something!

 

“Wait!” Jongup quickly said when he saw the man before him was about to open his mouth. Without waiting any reply, Jongup instantly went back to his car and searched for his phone on the passenger seat. The phone was ringing for God knew how many times it was and the cute man hastily picked the call up.

 

“Uppie??!! Why didn’t you answer my call? Where are you?!” Taekwoon’s voice sounded so panic that Jongup felt so guilty.

 

“I’m still at the parking sp—”

 

“Wait there!” this time, Taekwoon ended the call first. Jongup bit his bottom lips before he made his way to face the frightening man again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter