Sungyeol P.O.V

Village Trouble

I couldn’t help wondering what on earth was wrong with Myungsoo.

He really had been acting strange, but yet he didn’t seem willing to provide any form of explanation.

On top of that, there was the problem of the wild animal as well.

I sighed.

If this keeps up, I think my head will explode with unanswered questions I thought.

 

The next morning, one of my colleagues came and informed my they had apprehended Myungsoo.

After hearing that, I immediately went to the main office.

 

When I got there, I didn’t even knock, I just stormed into the room like a whirlwind.

A sea of eyes turned to look at me.

 

“Sungyeol? What are you doing here?” my boss asked.

“Is it true that you’ve got Myungsoo?” I asked, getting straight to the point.

My boss nodded.

“Yeah, why?” he asked.

“Are you sure he has anything to do with that animal?” I wondered.

“The times he disappeared during the past two nights, match with the times that the animal attacked.” my boss said.

I sighed.

“As you said, it’s an animal that attacks us, not Myungsoo.” I reminded.

“I just don’t trust that guy, why else would he disappear when the attacks happen. He knows something” my boss kept his ground.

“You’re just simply overreacting” I said

“For all we know, he could have his own reasons for disappearing.” I added.

“That’s why we’re keeping him here, we’ll ask him in the morning.” my boss said.

 

Seeing that I wouldn’t get Myungsoo out by talking to my boss about it, I decided to get a little more drastic.

I tried to make my way over to the hallway where they keep the prisoners.

My colleagues tried to stop me, but I didn’t listen.

I easily took care of them, not even feeling sorry since they kept my best friend locked up without a good reason.

 

I looked in every room, hoping to see the familiar face.

In the first few rooms, there was not a single trace of anyone.

As I got to the last door on the right, I noticed the door was locked.

Bingo I thought as I hastily tried to unlock the door.

As I finally managed to get inside, I was met with the sight of my best friend.

He looked pale and sick.

When he saw me, his eyes lit up for a moment.

“Hyung!” he whispered.

Without thinking, I went over to him and embraced him.

“I don’t know what they think they’re doing, but we better get out of here.” I said as I removed the chains.

He immediately looked better.

He simply nodded.

 

When we got back to the hallway, I noticed that his eyes widened.

“I’ve got no time to explain now.” I said while grabbing hold of his hand. “Let’s get out of here first.”

He simply nodded again.

 

When we finally got outside, I sighed.

I didn’t approve of what I did, but I knew Myungsoo wouldn’t stand a chance against my boss during the next round of interrogations.

My boss would fire question after question until he finally cracked.

 

Suddenly, I heard a groan.

I turned around and my eyes widened.

Myungsoo had visibly paled again.

 

“Yah! Myung! are you okay?” I asked, concerned.

It took a little while before he answered.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” he weakly said.

 

Without any further warning, he started to run away.

I asked him what he thought he was doing, but he didn’t seem to hear me.

I sighed.

Myung, why won’t you tell me just what on earth is going on I wondered.

 

Suddenly, I heard the voices of my colleagues approaching.

, they must’ve woken up and noticed Myungsoo’s gone I thought.

 

“Hey, Sungyeol!” my boss said.

“Yes, sir?” I asked while turning to him.

He was glaring at me

“You’ve got one chance to make up for your actions.” he told me.

“Find that guy, and then maybe I’ll think about forgiving you for your rash actions of just now.” he said.

I nodded

“Yes sir.” I said.

“Do you know, which way he went?” Mr. Kim asked.

I shrugged.

“I don’t know.” I answered.

Mr. Kim looked at me from the corner of his eye, but didn’t say anything about it.

“Fine then, I expect you in my office first thing tomorrow. And you better have Myungsoo with you!” he warned before he and my other colleagues left.

 

I sighed.

Myungsoo, we’re friends, aren’t we? How come you don’t trust me with this? I know there’s something you’re not telling me, but what is it, and why won’t you tell me? I sadly wondered.

 

Sighing for the hundredth time today, I started my search for my best friend.