Myungsoo P.O.V

Village Trouble

I didn’t mean to snap at Sungyeol like that, but him interrogating me like that made me uncomfortable.

I knew I was being unreasonable, but I couldn’t risk him finding out.

I sighed.

That little discovery of mine sure will bring more trouble I thought I just hope no-one finds out. but how long can I go on like this?

Those were only some of the things I was worried about.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Frowning I went to open it, even though I didn’t expect anyone.

The moment I opened the door, I was met with Mr. Kim and four other hunters.

What could they have possibly found that leads them to me? I thought.

 

“What can I help you with?” I politely asked him.

“It appears you weren’t home the past two nights, am I correct?” Mr. Kim asked, getting straight to the point.

“What makes you think that?” I wondered.

The head hunter shrugged.

“Some villagers said they didn’t see you since a little before sunset. I just thought that was interesting, since that creature attacked just a little later.” he said while looking at me straight in the eyes.

I raised a brow, not breaking eye contact.

“What does that animal have to do with me?” I dared to ask.

“Well” Mr. Kim grimly said. “We’ll find out soon enough.”

 

With a wave of his hand, two of the other hunters grabbed my arms and didn’t let go.

I struggled, trying to get free, but no matter how hard I resisted, they kept their iron grip on me, making it impossible for me to get away.

 

“What’s the meaning of this?” I asked, trying to keep calm.

“You’ll be interrogated tomorrow morning.” Mr. Kim explained.

“For now, you’ll be kept under observation.”

 

Not long after, we reached the hunters’ main office.

I was put in a small room.

The two hunters that had brought me here started to put the chains around my wrists and ankles.

The moment the chains made contact with my skin, it hurt so much I couldn’t keep in a little cry of pain.

 

The window on the left showed the setting sun.

At that moment, I understood what they meant with ‘observation’.

My eyes widened as I realized that soon, the full moon would be seen through that exact same window.

Did they really know? I asked myself Or did they just randomly pick me?

Seeing as I didn’t have an answer on that question, I decided to just relax.

 

I hoped that I wouldn’t change into my wolf form again tonight. Otherwise I’d be in a whole lot of trouble I wouldn’t easily talk my way out of.

 

A little later, I felt so weak that I could barely lift my head up anymore.

I don’t know what’s going on, but I bet it’s got something to do with these chains. I angrily thought.

I had nearly fallen asleep when I could hear some commotion in the main room down the hall.

 

I couldn’t see what happened there, but the noise made it all too clear and, unfortunately, brought back the headache as well.

Oh, ! Not again! Not now! I thought.

 

A good five minutes later, I heard the lock click open.

The door opened, revealing Sungyeol, who immediately ran towards me and embraced me in a bone-crushing hug.

I awkwardly returned the hug.

 

“I don’t know what they think they’re doing, but we better get out of here!” he said when he removed the chains.

I immediately felt way better, except that the headache remained.

The headache wasn’t that bad yet, so I figured I still had some time.

I nodded in answer.

 

Once we got to the hallway, my eyes widened.

The group of hunters that were supposed to guard me, laid unconscious on the floor.

Sungyeol grabbed my hand.

“I’ve got no time to explain now.” he said. “Let’s get out of here first!”

I simply nodded again and followed him out of the building.

 

Outside, the headache worsened.

I groaned.

Sungyeol turned to me, eyes wide.

“Yah! Myung! Are you okay?” he asked, but I could barely hear him.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I managed to say.

 

I knew I had to get away, so with all the strength I could muster, I ran towards the forest again.

Faintly I could hear Sungyeol’s worried voice, but I kept on running until I couldn’t hear it anymore.

After I had run quite a distance away, the pain took over again and, in a flash, I was in my animal form again.

 

For a short while, I stayed where I was, not really having a plan in mind, until I heard people shouting.

I realized they were still quite far away, but I couldn’t be careful enough.

They must’ve regained consciousness and noticed that I escaped I thought.

Frantically, I looked around for a safe escape route, hoping that they wouldn’t catch up to me.