The Back Door

I Don't Want to Be a Teacher

“Ah, not too shabby”, Hakyeon muttered in what sounded like disbelief as he and Hongbin exited the school’s dance studio. “...for a rookie.”

Hongbin took this to be a compliment and, knowing Hakyeon, wasn’t expecting anything better.

From Hakyeon’s pocket, a blueberry flavoured lip balm emerged. Hongbin frowned at his senior, was he really going to apply another layer of lip balm? Of course he was. But Hakyeon had a unique way of applying lip balm. Instead of the usual, running the balm softly around one's lips, he would hold the lip balm stick in front of his face and move his head, making sure none of his lips' surface area was left un-balmed. He claimed that this way of applying lip balm 'stimulated the neck muscles' but Hongbin knew better than to believe the trash Hakyeon dished out.

By the time Hakyeon finished his extensive routine, they had already arrived at the 'hub'. A tall student with floppy hair that was definitely not his natural colour was positioned outside. He stood motionless, eyes fixed on the door in an almost creepy way. An impatient sigh escaped Hakyeon's blue tinged lips.

"Let's go round the back."

"There's a back?" 

But Hongbin received no reply for Hakyeon had already taken his wrist between his fingertips and was marching back down the corridor. The pace at which he was moving suggested desperation but his aura suggested it was none of Hongbin's business.

A few more twists and turns and they were out of the building, the sun blazing down on the back of Hongbin's uncovered neck. He hunched his shoulders in a futile attempt to cover his pasty skin with his hood. No freckles, no freckles. Please NO freckles. Evidently, Hongbin was never the smartest in his biology class, not knowing that his short 20 seconds of exposure to the sun was certainly not going to 'ruin' his delicate skin.

Their short trek came to an abrupt end when Hakyeon stopped in front of a window maybe 6ft off the ground. Hongbin was too busy fretting over the possible skin conditions he could develop to notice Hakyeon had stopped and therefore ended up walking straight into him. Firm and toned in all the right places were Hongbin's first thoughts as he faceplanted Hakyeon between the shoulder blades. This earned him a karate chop to the neck from his senior.

"Climb."  Hakyeon was blunt.

"Climb?"

"The window is open."

"How do I get in?"

"You climb."

Hongbin pursed his lips. Was this some crazy initiation? He turned to look at the window hanging off of its hinges. But had no time to plan his route for Hakyeon was growing ever more impatient and grabbed his waist firmly before shoving him up towards the window. Hongbin's arms and legs stuck out at a variety of unflattering angles as his back scraped along the jagged surface of the brick wall. A small -testostorone filled- squeak escaped his lips as a second pair of hands grabbed him under the armpits and hoisted him, head first, through the window. Along with this, his sweater rode up, exposing his ghostly skin to the world. The harsh sunlight took this as its opportunity to bounce off of this pale surface and hit Hakyeon square on.

"The fu-", he cursed, shielding his eyes with his hands but it was too late for this as the sacred image of Hongbin's torso had already been burnt into his eyelids.

A voice fell out of the window.

"Dude you're-", but nobody ever found out what Hongbin was, because the voice was cut off by the sound of clattering metal followed by two thuds, the second noticeably softer than the first.

 

Hongbin's voice drifted out of the window shortly after,

"Ah..."

 

 

-------- note from the author ------

this chapter was noticeably shorter as I'm still getting started. Hopefully future chapters will be more exciting~

Pplease leave some support even if you just read it, honest opinions are appreciated-!