Chapter 2.

The note

-flashback 5 years ago-

"I'm glad you could come tonight." I had my fingers crossed together. I had worn my prettiest dress just to be pretty for him. I had waited so long for this moment to finally happen.

"He must like me back if he wanted to see me." I kept telling myself and my heart started to beat faster when he approached me.

He wore a simple white shirt and black pants, he came closer and I noticed a bouquet of flowers he was holding.

"Hey." He seemed a bit embarrassed and didn't look into my eyes.

He coughed a bit and handed me the flowers.

"Thank-"

"Look." He cut me off.

"I don't want to be the bad guy here."

"I don't understand." I was confused.

"I don't like you." He looked at me straight in the eyes.

"But ... Why?" I was under shock.

"Are you serious?" He laughed a bit.

"Have you looked in a mirror lately?" He asked me seriously.

"What?!"

"I think it's better for the both of us if we never speak again to each other." He approached his hand but instead I slapped him, only once, but it was enough for people around us turning around in shock. I left without looking back at him.

-end of the flashback-

 

I glared at Jay the whole time.

"It's been a long time right? I'm Junhee, remember?" I approached him and I could see his smile falling apart.

"Oh, Junhee? We were in high school together right?" He forced a smile and I nodded. I knew exactly what he was thinking at that moment when he saw me and I laughed in my head.

"So you already know each other?" Zino asked surprised but excited at the same time.

"You could say that." Jay and I said at the same time.

We got around the table and sat to eat, we talked a bit but Jay didn't say anything. He was there but I could see him staring at me the whole time.

And suddenly.

"You've changed so much." He broke the discussion.

I turned my head to him.

"Really?" I looked surprised at him but I knew he was right. From high school to now I had gotten taller, and slimmer at the same time, I didn't have braces anymore and I didn't hide behind my hair either.

"But you didn't change though." I replied.

"What do you mean?" He seemed perplexed.

"You are, just ... the same." I still thought of him he was handsome and he was nice but, I didn't feel the same way towards him as I did in high school. I knew he was a player, I just smirked and continued to talk.

We talked a bit more and suddenly my phone rang.

"I'm sorry, I have to answer." I got up and went outside the apartment.

"Junhee? You finally answer, oh my gosh I was so worried." I rolled my eyes through the phone as he was speaking.

"Jackson, what do you want?" I sighed.

"What's wrong with you? I just wanna see you." He answered innocently.

"Just stop pretending, I know you're cheating on me. I saw you earlier with another girl." I said and my heart dropped again as I slid against the wall and sat on the ground.

"..." He was speechless.

We should just stop now. Before you hurt me more." My eyes started to water and my voice to sore.

"I am sorry. I can explain but I need to see you-"

"There's nothing to explain! We are over!" I hung up.

"That's unfortunate." I heard a male voice close but I had my head down and didn't look up.

"I'm sad we didn't meet earlier." A big hand came to caress my hair and as I looked up I saw Zino smiling at me and kissed my forehead.

"Why?" I asked blankly.

"Because you deserve someone caring to take care of you." I didn't answer him but one tear decided to fall down my cheek.

"You don't know me." I got up and started to leave.

"Where are you going?" Zino grabbed my wrist and laughed a bit.

"I'm leaving."

"And where are you going at this time of the night wearing my clothes?" I stopped and realized it was a stupid idea because I had nowhere to go.

I turned around and Zino held my hand to lead me inside the apartment.

Jay and Simon looked at me in shock wandering why I was crying.

"It's just allergies." I said while rubbing my eyes.

I went to the kitchen, I grabbed beers in the fridge and went to the balcony outside. I took a big breath and looked at the scenery, the big lights lighting up the city, looking pretty and alive.

"What's wrong?" I heard this voice that I knew, but I didn't look at him.

"I'd rather not talk to you." I took a sip of the beer.

"I know I've been a jerk to you in the past." Jay said slowly as he came next to me.

"But I don't want you to hate me now."

"I don't hate you." I answered.

"After you said all those things to me I was just feeling dumb because I had fallen in love with a jerk like you." I turned my head to him and smiled.

"Ah... That's how you feel then." He looked a bit disappointed.

"Did you think I would be happy to see you?" I said in disbelief.

"Wait." I was about to get back into the apartment but he held me.

"I'm really sorry for everything I told you back then. Let's just be friends now." I looked at him for some time.

"Sure." I said without any expression.

I wanted to forget about the past but I would be difficult. He's the reason I am what I am now.