Final

Reconvenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Not proof-read since I was caught up with my school work.

Kibum's POV


Suddenly I woke up out of my slumber. I felt something poking my back. I reached out to it only to see a  book. I guess I fell asleep while reading. I looked at the time and saw it was already five in the afternoon. I had to get up but I was too lazy. So I just lied on the bed hiding my face in the pillow.


"Kibum , you better get your out of the bed before I come there", I heard my noona yell.


I just woke up. How does she even know I'm awake? Urgh.... stupid noona.


" I'm coming,I'm coming ", I yelled.


I heard her stupid giggles. ' Weirdo'. I got out of the bed and went downstairs after freshening up. When I finally reached the bottom of the stairs I could sense no one.


" Noona, where are you? " ,I yelled loudly.

" I'm in the kitchen", I heard her voice .

I went to the kitchen and saw her sitting on the counter.

" What are you doing up there?"

" What do you think I'm doing? I'm sitting"

Like I didn't know that. She sure is trying to annoy me. I ignored her .

" I'm hungry. Is there anything for me to eat? ", I asked while suppressing a yawn.

God , I'm still sleepy. I sat down at the table and placed my head on the table.

"I made some sandwiches for you",I heard her reply.

That was unusual. She never makes anything for me unless she is trying to apologize for something she feels guilty about. I had the feeling that something is not right.

" You did? "

" Yes ,  now eat it brat,  before I take it and eat it" , she replied.

I had the feeling that she had more to say.

" So what's the big thing that's happening today that made you want make me sandwiches? " , I asked. She looked like she was doubting whether she should tell me or not. It looked like she decided to not tell me.

" They are coming for dinner " . I guess she decided otherwise.

" What? Who is coming? "

" Who else idiot? Kims "

" Why didn't you tell me before? ", I felt angry of not knowing this fact. I could have gone somewhere else for the day.

"They called mom while you were asleep"

"Oh ", I said. That explains a lot.

" But where are they? I mean mom and dad."

" They went out to buy something to make for dinner"

Great. Freaking amazing. They just couldn't chose a day when I was not home . They just had to come today. I felt my mood dulling drastically. I silently finished eating ,  thinking of a way to escape meeting them. I felt my sister's eyes watching my every move like a hawk.

" What? What are you staring at ? Never seen someone so handsome before ?" , I asked with a smirk.

"Like hell, I haven't seen better. We all know that you are all show and once you open your big mouth everyone runs away " She replied with an annoyed look.

I waited for her to digest what she said. I cleared my face of all the emotions it held and looked at my plate with an exaggerated sigh, waiting for her reaction.

"Oh no" , looked like she realized what she said.

"Bummie, you know I didn't mean it like that , don't you? " ,  she said with a worried voice.

" I don't know " , I replied quietly.

" I'm sorry darling", I cringed. I just hated that nickname so much.

" I didn't mean it like that. I hope you do know that", she said again with guilt lacing her voice. Honestly, I didn't mind it at all. I knew she didn't mean it at all. She loved me too much to think something like that. But it was just so much fun making her feel guilty. I looked up with wide innocent eyes.

" Really, does that mean you love me ?" I voiced , my expression changing to a grin. The look on her face was just so funny I could barely hold my laugh.

" Oh you brat, who do you think you are to mess with me?" , she said with a strange tone and jumped at me.

I was ready to scream ' murder ' if she did as much strangle me. But she surprised me by engulfing me in a tight hug and hurried her face in my hair.
"I love you , you brat ".  She said , her voice muffled by my hair . I felt myself smiling. In all seriousness this is exactly why I loved her. My noona was silly , but she was not stupid . She understood me better than my own parents. She knew something was wrong before I said something. She could somehow figure it out when I pretended it didn't hurt , when I smiled even though I wanted to cry and when I laughed while my heart hurt so much. She could see it all just by a glance. This why I loved her. She was the only who understood me completely. Well , except for -

" What are you thinking? ", I heard her voice.

"Nothing. Just how stupid you are "

" Yah, you brat at least tell me you love me too. " I could literally imagine her pout against my hair. I laughed heartily.

" I love you too, you big baby" . Teasing her was so much fun. But I felt her hands tightening around me a little bit more. I knew I had to distract her from whatever she was thinking. I didn't know what she was thinking anymore.

" Noona" I called.

"Yeah"

" Do you know what we learned in elementary school?"

" What ? " , she inquired still not letting me go.

"That oxygen is necessary for the survival of organism", I added with a laugh.

" Yah, you brat -"

"I know , I know , you love me. And stop calling me brat. I'm eighteen for heaven's sake."

" Like that is an age! ", she exclaimed letting me go.

" I'm two years older than you and people still think I'm a kid ", I giggled listening to her annoyed complaining.

" And you are still a baby to me", she said with a smirk having me make a face at that .

" Yeah , that's because you love me too much to actually see that I've grown up", I replied. I saw her opening to say something. I spoke before she could say anything.

"Besides , how would  anyone treat you like a grown-up when you squeal like a one year old every single time you see ice-cream? I mean that is impossible, isn't it ' Noona ' ?" , I replied with a smirk.

She looked at me with amused eyes. I was so sure she was gonna kill me this time. But suddenly I heard her sigh. Her face turned serious and I knew that I couldn't pretend what was to happen was not going to happen. I heard her sigh again.

" Go , go outside. To the library , store , wherever you want, just come back home when you feel like you're ready enough to meet them" , She said.

Where would I go? I can't call Minho, I'm sure he is with Tae. I don't want to be the third wheel to that sickeningly sweet couple. Jinki hyung? He must be at work , so he was out of option too. I guess I have to find somewhere else to go. At least I could go there. I stood up with a sigh.

" Here take this" , I felt noona pushing something on to my hand. I looked only to find out that it was money. So typical of her. Like ice-cream is what I need at the moment.

" Go eat an ice-cream and come back home happy " , she dragged me to the door and pushed me out of the house.

It was already the twilight. Sun has already gone to let the darkness take over. I see the moon trying to win over the darkness , slowly engulfing the darkness , peeking amongst wandering clouds. I walked down the road to the ice-cream  parlor to satiate my inner warmth.

After paying for the ice-cream, I put the balance in my pocket and reluctantly started to enjoy my treat. Sweet taste of chocolate filled my taste buds bringing me near to euphoria. I haven't had an ice-cream in a long time for it brought up the memories I so much as wanted to hide away ; in a dark corner of my mind. The hope of moving on when I let go of everything was what kept me alive. But I could not move on for it was too much to ask from myself.I could not let go of those memories that made me who I am today , those memories that hurt me but I cherished nevertheless as my life depended n it. It was too much to ask for , even from myself . I could not deny me of that single happiness that was left for me.

The streams of light lighting up the path before me led me toward my destination. The silvery coldness comforted me in ways beyond imagination. I walked hoping that I would not come to face with anyone as all I wanted was few moments to myself to calm my nerves.

I was about to cross the road to go to my little hide-out . The nervousness and fear to meet them again was eating my insides out. I had to calm myself and clear my mind.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a vehicle breaking the silence and I looked ahead to see a black limousine coming down the road , few people running after it as if they have never seen a limo. I quickly ducked back from the road and covered behind a tree near , as I felt the need to hide from it. Strangely I felt my instincts asking me to avoid the vehicle. Why would people chase after a car? Why do I feel the need to hide from it? I shook my head and came out from the shadows as it passed where I hid.

I felt the trails of cold , sticky liquid running down my hand. I quickly them away before they fell on to my shirt. I had to keep it clean. I couldn't afford to go back and change when I could spend that time calming my nerves down.

I crossed the road and entered the small path that led to my destination. I stepped in to the clearing and went under the tree and leaned on to it. I sighed looking at the moon , knowing that I could enjoy this peace only for a little while. I had to go back and meet who I wanted to avoid the most. It was safe to say I had enough r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter