Years Later, and Still by Your Side

comfort

Years Later, and Still by Your Side

To Taemin, ‘his’ Jinki-hyung has always been there. Ever since he came in the training room that day, his hair long, looking down because his hyung was just too shy, dressed in an overly large sweater because he was conscious about his body. Taemin had looked at the new kid that day with little interest – because, to be honest, the first impression Taemin had on his hyung was that his hyung was someone to be protected, someone that needs guiding, and someone breakable.

But most of the time…your first impressions about a person is wrong.

Yes, his hyung was shy – but not once you got to know him. After meeting and talking with his hyung, Taemin found that the kid named ‘Jinki’ not only had a unique voice, but also had a near angelic smile that could erase your problems by just seeing it, an odd sense of humor that kinda grows on you, not to mention someone that’s actually very curious about everything.

Yes, he felt the need to comfort his hyung at first – but then it was his hyung that took him into his arms to comfort him when he came to the company one day, down ridden and crushed because of his classmates.

Yes, his hyung was breakable – honestly, though, he sometimes worries that his hyung could probably end up breaking himself considering he’s so clumsy. His hyung was breakable, but when he needed it the most, it was his hyung that he knows he could depend on fully when he feels like he’s on breaking point.

However…right now…all of those thoughts are gone. Because that first impression he got of his hyung was now so very true.

His hyung was shy, and didn’t speak at all because of his surgery. At first look at his hyung, he knew that his hyung didn’t really want to talk about how he currently was – not that he could anyway.

He wanted very much to comfort his hyung all the time. He wanted to be there day and night, by his hyung’s side, just telling him that everything will be fine, that he’ll be fine, and that he’ll be home soon enough with him. But he couldn’t because there was only a number of visitors that was allowed, and he respected his hyung’s wants to see his family.

But what scared him the most was that his hyung was very breakable right now. His Jinki-hyung. His Onew-hyung. His Leader. His everything was very breakable right now.

He had just lost his voice. And there was a chance that his voice could change with the surgery. It was his voice that got Lee Soo Man’s attention all those years ago, therefore, it was his voice that gave him a chance to be SHINee’s leader.

And now, it has just been taken away.

Finally, however, his hyung was discharged, and he was given time off to go home to his family to rest.

Taemin respected his hyung’s need to be alone for now, and, though it broke him to stay away, he did just that in hopes that his hyung would get better sooner.

Until he got that message on his phone – a voicemail from his hyung’s umma, asking him to come over.

“Taemin-ah, it’s Jinki’s umma. Your hyung’s getting better, but I have a feeling he really wants to see you right now. Can you come over to see him, please?”

He didn’t even hesitate for a second before he was out the door, asking his manager hyung to drive him, and before he could even begin to get impatient, he was already outside his hyung’s door, ringing the bell.

It was his hyung’s mom that opened the door for him before gesturing him towards his hyung’s room – saying that he was probably still asleep, but that she was sure his hyung wouldn’t mind him being there anyways.

Taemin just smiled at her before going in.

And when he did, his hyung WAS asleep. He looked years younger when he was asleep. For some reason, his hyung loved to bundle himself up whenever he was asleep, so right now he was looking like a caterpillar with all the blankets around his body. His hair was all messy, and he had fading red marks on his face from sleep.

Cute…

The door behind him closed louder than he had anticipated and it woke his usually deep sleeper hyung – eyes opening sluggishly before widening in shock at seeing him.

“It’s fine…” Taemin smiled before he could open his mouth. “Just don’t say anything for now – didn’t the doctor tell you no speaking?”

His hyung’s brow furrowed in confusion before he rustled around for a piece of paper and a pencil.

What are you doing here? He wrote before showing Taemin.

“Your mom called and suggested that you might have been wanting to see me.” Taemin sheepishly explained. “I’ll admit that it barely took me a second before I had Mino-hyung by the arm to come drive me here.”

Thank you…his hyung smiled before looking down, a slight frown on his face.

“What is it?” Taemin asked, sitting at the corner of his hyung’s bed to take his large hands – the same hands that took him into his hyung’s arms many times many years ago to comfort him – into his much smaller ones.

I’m worried about SHINee…was his hyung’s slightly reluctant answer. Some people are saying that I probably won’t be able to continue and that SHINee will have to disband…

Taemin looked at his hyung in astonished silence for a second before hugging him closely, rubbing his back slowly, reassuringly before whispering the same sentence told to him many years ago that made him feel everything was alright.

“Come here…” Taemin smiled, hugging his hyung closer. “It’s gonna be fine, OK? Just ignore them and know that I’m here. Always.” He promised.

Jinki sat there in silence for just a moment before smiling, a voiceless chuckle escaping his lips before his hands came up to pull his precious dongsaeng closer to him.

“Thank you…” He whispered into Taemin’s ear.

I love you…

ooOO**OOoo

I guess this can be considered a sequel to ‘Comfort’. I needed something to do while Siblings was asleep.

Tell me what you guys think?

~Curse